3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Ninety Minutes Of Daily Exercise Needed For Maintenance? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/47123-ninety-minutes-daily-exercise-needed-maintenance.html)

almostheaven 09-26-2004 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meliris
Sometimes I think I was happier- at least less neurotic, when I was fat.

I hope you were just joking with that Mel. Please say you were. I'm sooooo much happier with the weight gone. The exercise is becoming part of daily life and I just feel so danged much better! I love it. I love the energy, and I love looking in the mirror and knowing what I've accomplished.

I used to hate shopping. You walk for hours, all those nasty people running into you with buggies, you can never find a spot close to the door, you have to (gasp!) stand in line forever. Now I've discovered I have a true love for shopping. I go to just browse...though admit I have a hard time not buying. LOL But I can spend hours in the store. I shop on my lunch hours now...even grocery shop. I like getting out, I like getting the walk. I now read Prevention or another health mag while standing in line. I park on the other side of the lot and don't worry about not finding a space. And either I've gotten so skinny that people miss me, or those rude nasty people just don't stress me out like they used to. :D

srmb60 10-09-2004 09:56 AM

I think I need to get my head around the fact that I only 'play' at exercise. I, too, was a total couch potato and had the notion that any exercise was better than none. Intellectually, I know that I probably lost all my weight by dieting (mostly). I need to find some workable plan for my 60 to 90 minutes :)
Gosh you guys are doing wonders for my state of mind this morning!

Sashenka 10-18-2004 12:07 PM

Hi,

I agree with Meg - exercise is nesessary for maintenance. I've learned it hard way now - last couple of months I was very busy and did not do my usual 25km bike rides on weekend as well as did not go to the gym. I kept threadmill and running though, but ended up with extra 4 pounds in the last 2 month. Now I am back on track, and I agree that 90 min is a minimum required at least for me.

SilverLife 07-17-2010 04:49 AM

When I first read those figures of 60-90 minutes that seemed unbelievably high. I didn't want it to be true and resisted.

Little by little, I began to be more active. It's sinking in that those 60-90 minutes don't have to be like a flash fire, but movement that increases the heart rate, or challenges the muscle, and most of all, is really enjoyable.

Each day I do something quite strenuous, something very soft, gentle and flowing, and something stretchy and then curled up. I like the balance. I'm finding the movement and exercise more and more playful, more and more nourishing. It's nice to be discovering what works for me and letting go of thinking I have to do what other people like or recommend.