3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Weekly Chat -- Week of May 10 - 16 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/40441-weekly-chat-week-may-10-16-a.html)

SeekInnerThinChick 05-14-2004 09:50 PM

Yes, there's certainly the status element. But those brands used to be very, very good, and now it's just <insert yiddish curse word here>. There seems to be a real race to the bottom in clothing, and that spells trouble for the women who make this stuff-- the pittance that they get. The better houses used to pay better, even by the piece. Now several different lines, at several different price points, are contracted out to the same factory, and the ladies don't get the differential. And it shows in the work. I'd gladly pay union, but it's getting very hard to find.

Ilene 05-15-2004 12:12 AM

Pook, I've been thinking of your post since I read it a couple of days ago, but have been too busy to reply... Alot of what the girls said is exactly what I wanted to say so I won't repeat it. I also didn't feel justified to answer because I have never been obese. I don't consider a size 14 obese altho it's not a healthy weight to be at at 5'3", and that's where I was a year ago...

What truly hit me about your post is :

Quote:

BUT I am not yet to the stage where I am getting ANY of the REWARDS (ie people telling me how nice I look / attractive clothes / feeling HEALTHY & ENERGETIC /feeling like a "normal" person who can blend in with a crowd // fit into airline seats comfortably! etc etc).
I will never look at an obese person in the same manner again after knowing you, Meg and Karen. I can fit in airline seats, blend in a crowd, people do tell me how nice I look even at a size 14. I feel ashamed now for all the thoughts I've ever had about an obese person. You have made me see that and for that I thank you...

Like the song says, There WILL come a day! Specially if you are doing all the right things like your are, cardio, weights, clean eats... It HAS to happen, it just HAS too. I just hope I'm still here, which I probably will be, to see it happen for you... :grouphug:

Noodles913 05-15-2004 08:27 AM

Good Morning!!

Well I had a nice time at the ball game. We went to see the Tucson Sidewinders play. They are the triple A league for the Diamondbacks. They won of course!!! I managed to score a frisbee and 4 more tickets for a later game. I'll invite my soul-cousin and his G/F to the next game. We always have a ball. :smug:

I did o.k. with the eats. I had a BBQ Beef sandwich and cole slaw & some kettle popcorn & lots of water of course. Then we went to the night swap meet and walked around for 1 hours. I scored on the vegetables there. Bought 4 cucumbers, 4 tomatoes, 4 onions, 1 head of lettuce, & 2 avocados for $5.25!! The tomatoes would cost me that alone at the grocery store. Plus the veggies at the swappers seem a bit fresher than the grocery store ones. By the time we left, I had sucha bad headache from my eyes that I came home and went straight to bed. They are healing better & faster than expected so they are outgrowing the temporary glasses I have.

So my "trying to get back on the morning schedule" is semi-working. Although I only slept from 11:30 am till 4:30 am. Today my only plans are to clean the rat cages and take the kid to the kid ID fair. Hopefully I can talk the hubby into some tennis later. :D If not then I'll just go for a walk and a swim. I'm starting to get "flappy" again...can't let that happen!! No No!! :no:

Have a good day/weekend all!!! Drink your water. :)

Ilene 05-15-2004 09:16 AM

Pookster -- Once AGAIN your post hit me! Because now when I do see someone overweight I think or wonder how she's doing on her workout or foodplan. Specially when I see them at the gym and later at the store. And who cares what the thin people think anyways. Like me they may be thinking that they saw you not long ago and you've lost weight or thre is something different about you. Have you thought of that one? BTW I WILL be around to cheer you!!

Hi Jack :wave: You're right there should be a sign in the unimportant isles! :lol:

Noodles -- How you doing? I guess I don't need to ask you that! You are just smokin' there and you seem to have everything under control these days even with the eye surgery... Lucky you no glasses, I wish! I wear, GP contact lenses only because I MUST. I too in a few years will need eye surgery, a corneal transplant...Yuck! I am so not looking forward to that! I hope it's a long ways away I won't think about it now...

Later all!

Noodles913 05-15-2004 10:02 AM

Hi, Lanaii!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanaii1
Noodles -- How you doing? I guess I don't need to ask you that! You are just smokin' there and you seem to have everything under control these days even with the eye surgery... Lucky you no glasses, I wish! I wear, GP contact lenses only because I MUST. I too in a few years will need eye surgery, a corneal transplant...Yuck! I am so not looking forward to that! I hope it's a long ways away I won't think about it now..

I am hanging in there. I still have to get contacts, but I will be GLAD to be rid of glasses!! Well I will get a spare pair just in case but...all be damned if I will wear them unless necessary!! I have been in glasses almost all of my life because my eye muscles were so badly damaged from injuries that contacts would of still not let me see right. They had a prism in my glasses. The eye surgery repaired the muscles and took my eyes to where I won't need the prism anymore, and thus no glasses. No cross-eyes. No more double vision. Yippee!! Now its just 1 big blur instead of 2 blurs. :lol: I will appreciate and love my contacts. :yes: Until I can go find out about LAZIK that is.. :lol:

Noodles913 05-16-2004 02:15 PM

The sun's out and it's already 86 @ 10:30 am here. Welcome to Arizona. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies.../2/happy48.gif

Wow. I actually slept 8 hours through the night!! YAY!! Maybe there is hope for the "morning schedule" after all. :cool: I think it has alot to do with the fact that I exercised my butt off yesterday. I feel good today too!! I usually wake up really stiff and swollen from "authur-itis" but today...barely none of that at all!! Guess this means I better keep exercising. :lol:

http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies...haracter57.gif I am off and running again today...I've hardly been home in the past 3 days...and here we go again.....wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! Fortunately I won't be running as long as yesterday. Hubby gets tired of chauffeuring me around. :lol:

:wave:

Sweater Girl 05-16-2004 05:43 PM

I had a good weekend, I had my free meal and this girl who doesn't know I worked out was impressed with my shoulder muscles (she's a gym rat too). We went dancing last night so I wore a top that emphasized my shoulder (plus a top I wouldn't get overheated in). It was a bit of a meat market though.

A small victory for me has occured. I started binging again 2.5 years ago on and off and ever since I started this low-refined sugar lifestyle I haven't had any incling to binge at all.. So it's been 4 weeks. The longest I have gone in the past 2.5 years has been 2.5 weeks.. I am feeling so empowered and am working to make this permanent.

Cheers!

Ali

Ilene 05-16-2004 08:54 PM

Congrats Ali :high: that "empowered" feeling is the best! Keep it up!