Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 10-14-2020, 08:44 AM   #286  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

I think I've found another caregiver for my pets, just in case something happens to both DH and myself. Such a relief to get that sorted out.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 09:00 AM   #287  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Good, Dagmar. It's always a concern! We had an arrangement with a friend for our cat, when he was alive.

The trip to the dentist was fine. Today, it's off to the doc for annual checkup.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 04:26 PM   #288  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

I hope your check up went well Jayell.

Same with your hike Alice.

Just got the word that it'll probably be another 7-9 months before a COVID vaccine is introduced and enough immunity is built up to start living beyond our currently narrow confines. Telling myself I CAN do it!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 08:23 AM   #289  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I mentioned my neck pain to my doctor at my checkup. I've had it for a couple of months. The doc referred me to Physical Therapy. I went for my first appointment yesterday.

My thought is that overusing my computer for Zoom meetings etc. (and I admit, way too much online game playing) is responsible. The PT agrees. My neck muscles are a mess. I'll be going back again next week.

Alice, I want to hear about your hike!

My own hunch is that at some point, vaccine or not, the mandated masks will be dropped.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 02:04 PM   #290  

S/C/G: 184/128/125

Height: 5'5"

My hike was good even with the bad air quality. When I got over 10,000 feet I could see a semblance of blue sky. I only met three other people on the trail. Until it starts snowing I'll go back up there (Sequoia National Park) for weekly hikes. I didn't get all the way to the peak, but I was less than a mile short. The days are getting much shorter so I have to be strict with myself about turnaround time. I felt really out of shape and my hips were achy part of the time.

One plus about the pandemic is more things available online. I joined a cactus & succulent club that has online meetings and presentations (they are based in Missouri). And I'm signed up for an online dog training class with an excellent trainer. I'm not a beginner but would like some coaching.
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote