Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 09-01-2020, 08:01 AM   #256  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Alice, it must have been the situation with the other cat that drove Jasper to an outdoor life? Hard to know with cats... They definitely have their own agendas.

This month we would have been going to Maine. Sigh. Not now.

Enjoy your paddle-boarding, Dagmar.

My big excursion for the day is to the dentist to have an old filling replaced. Such excitement and thrills!
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 06:11 AM   #257  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
My big excursion for the day is to the dentist to have an old filling replaced. Such excitement and thrills!
I went to the dentist yesterday too - cleaning, abscess drained and root canal booked for the end of October.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 06:04 AM   #258  

I have not been vigilant with portions and eating the last few weeks. I have gained weight.

Had my party foods over the long weekend, cleaned out the cookie and snax drawer and am back on plan today. I'm going to try to have only one day per week "off" from maintenance until I get back into my summer weight range.

Dagmar
Old 09-09-2020, 08:43 AM   #259  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Dagmar, sorry to hear about your need for a root canal... but surprised you have to wait that long! Also, sorry to hear about the weight gain. When do you switch over to your "winter weight range"?

Nothing much is happening here. Oh--our grocery store has taken away the one-way signs on the aisle floors. So glad! It was a pain in the neck to have to wind around the aisles.

Football season (North American kind) starts this week! We are sooo happy!

Alice, I hope you're doing OK with the heat.
Old 09-09-2020, 03:36 PM   #260  

S/C/G: 184/128/125

Height: 5'5"

Dagmar, good luck with the root canal. I had one about 9 years ago, then about 5 years later it got infected and needed a re-do by an endodontist, Then it failed again due to a crack in the root area, and the endodontist fixed it again, this time through the bone. So far it has done fine except that recently I kept hitting it when I chewed on that side and making it sore. A few weeks ago my regular dentist changed the shape of it with his little drill and it has been great since then! Probably TMI. I've had a few other root canals with no issues. Hopefully yours will go well.

JayEll, those one way signs disappeard a long time ago in my market. No one obeyed them anyway. At least I don't see many maskless people anymore, although mask below the nose is common.

The bad heat may be behind us. The weather should be in the mid-to-high 90s this week. Now it's just the smoke. It is gray and dim all day long. Looking at the smoke map, I can see that the smoke plumes from several large fires all overlap directly above me. My plants seem to like the filtered light, but the air is definitely unhealthy.

I was supposed to be backpacking right now, but they closed all the National Forests in central and southern California due to fire danger, so my permit was canceled, Sad, but I think it was a good move. Too many idiots running around nowadays.

On the eating front, I seem to manage 2 or 3 calorie deficit days (only 200-300 deficit each day), then my body says it's time to eat and I have an attack of evening eating! My goal is 3 more pounds gone before election day.
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 06:06 AM   #261  

I grocery shop at two different stores that are under the same management umbrella. One has removed the directional arrows from their floors and the other hasn't. I did try to follow them at first, when people were really scared. I know what's in every aisle at the one that still has the arrows and it can be a bit difficult when you want to skip an aisle. No one is policing it but I generally still try to follow the plan. A lot of older very frail people shop at senior's hour and I want to avoid startling or scaring them by coming at them with my cart.

Dagmar
Old 09-13-2020, 08:36 AM   #262  

Back on track yesterday and today. Had a couple of very strange cans of cream soda/vodka drink from the Poppe Shoppe on Friday night and that set off a big eating binge. Hubby isn't helping. He has his own eating/drinking to deal with. I can't use that as an excuse to go off plan every weekend.

So I won't. COVID is going to be around for at least another season or two and I'm not going to eat myself silly because of it.

Dagmar :
Old 09-13-2020, 09:43 AM   #263  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Cream soda and vodka????

That is true desperation. Next time if you MUST have a drink just go with the vodka! Perhaps some sugar-free tonic water with it? Or plain club soda with lime or lemon?

Football today. Happy.
Old 09-13-2020, 04:01 PM   #264  

That drink sounds totally weird, Dagmar. I have done cream soda with whipped milk foam on top and I like that pretty well.

Have a happy football day, JayEll. I think my DH is boycotting NFL football and also baseball. Good thing hockey is still redneck enough for him

Still Unhealthy air over my house, but the mountain air quality is looking better. I think I'll go up there tomorrow and get in a hike.

Old 09-14-2020, 06:04 AM   #265  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Cream soda and vodka????

That is true desperation. Next time if you MUST have a drink just go with the vodka! Perhaps some sugar-free tonic water with it? Or plain club soda with lime or lemon?

Football today. Happy.
The cream soda/vodka drinks come premixed in a can. I used to love cream soda when I was a kid and I drank primarily vodka in my drinking days. So it seemed a good combo. It was really sweet and vaguely suggestive of the cream soda taste. And most people could probably only have one or two, which is a good thing.

Dagmar
Old 09-14-2020, 06:05 AM   #266  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlinAtTheMoon View Post
That drink sounds totally weird, Dagmar. I have done cream soda with whipped milk foam on top and I like that pretty well.

Have a happy football day, JayEll. I think my DH is boycotting NFL football and also baseball. Good thing hockey is still redneck enough for him

Still Unhealthy air over my house, but the mountain air quality is looking better. I think I'll go up there tomorrow and get in a hike.
Hope you can enjoy your hike Alice.

Dagmar
Old 09-14-2020, 03:08 PM   #267  

Well, no hike after all. I was all ready last night with my pb&j made and in the pack, the pack in the truck, hoping to leave at 5:45 am. Then I checked my email one last time and found a notice that the Mineral King road would be closed. That's the only way up there, so I'm SOL.

I got DH to eat the pb&j for breakfast this morning. I only eat them when I'm hiking.

If you'd like the government to close an area, just let me know and I'll plan a hike there.
Old 09-15-2020, 05:56 AM   #268  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlinAtTheMoon View Post
Well, no hike after all. I was all ready last night with my pb&j made and in the pack, the pack in the truck, hoping to leave at 5:45 am. Then I checked my email one last time and found a notice that the Mineral King road would be closed. That's the only way up there, so I'm SOL.

I got DH to eat the pb&j for breakfast this morning. I only eat them when I'm hiking.

If you'd like the government to close an area, just let me know and I'll plan a hike there.
Sorry you couldn't do your hike Alice.

We are going to have a stretch of cool sunny weather this week. I'm hoping to get the paddle board out on Saturday really early. Sunday I have a haircut scheduled for 8:30 a.m. so no SUP that day. I don't like to go out later in the day - too many people, too much wind, and I enjoy my early morning solitude on the quiet glassy lake.

Dagmar :