2020 Foresight: Maintainers Chat for 2020 - Page 16 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 07-29-2020, 08:49 AM   #226  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Dagmar, that's no fun! Are you feeling better now?

I'm having to run around to find furnace filters. Seems there is a shortage in some areas because 3M has switched over to making more masks.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 06:04 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Dagmar, that's no fun! Are you feeling better now?

I'm having to run around to find furnace filters. Seems there is a shortage in some areas because 3M has switched over to making more masks.
I'm fine. 24 hours of misery and then back to normal. Weird but I'll take it!

I bought some cloth masks from a crafter back when all the mask furor started. She also made filters for the masks from furnace filters. She said that she thought there would be a shortage of furnace filters in the fall due to their being used for other things and suggested I buy mine in bulk. Her masks and filters didn't work for us but I did take heed of her tip and bought a year's supply of filters for the furnace. I hope you can find some too JayEll!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 02:22 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 184/128/125

Height: 5'5"

Glad you are feeling better, Dagmar!

I just asked DH about our forced air heating unit and he said we don't use a filter. Weird.

Bakersfield is a new hot spot, I see. I guess that means the fitness studio will have to close again, according to the State, anyway. It's completely empty except for me and the trainer when I work out. I'm going hiking on Monday. At least that is safe from the virus..
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 08:47 AM   #229  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I did find some filters. I just had to go to a different store and buy a different brand. This is what's known as a first-world problem I got a 2-pack, and we'll see what happens down the road.

Glad you're better, Dagmar.

Howlin', when your DH says you "don't use" a filter in your forced-air furnace, does he mean it doesn't require one (because it has that function built in), or that he just doesn't put one in?

A furnace that is supposed to have a filter can be run without one, but that means dust etc. just keeps blowing around the house.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 03:45 PM   #230  

S/C/G: 184/128/125

Height: 5'5"

JayEll, I asked DH and he said we could put a filter over the intake but in 30 years we have never used one. Our house is so dusty it wouldn't make a difference. The pistachio orchard next door generates a ton of dust from the dirt road, which blows our way. When I dust the furniture it is coated again within 24 hours. We have a portable air filter but I'm not sure it's worth the electricity to run it. Because we use a swamp cooler, there is no way to seal up the house to prevent outside air from blowing in. Oh well, c'est la vie in the Central Valley.
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:47 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Have to take my phone in for them to change the battery. It involves softening glue and prying off the back. Not designed to be kept these expensive little devices are they? And I have to leave the phone with them and then come pick it up again. 4 trips on the subway in total and going to the mall twice. So glad I got the for real N95 mask.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote