Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2019, 07:29 PM   #121  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Dagmar, are you familiar with the mystery novels by Louise Penny? We have recently discovered them, and she is a really good writer, if mysteries are something you like.
Old 03-31-2019, 05:53 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Dagmar, are you familiar with the mystery novels by Louise Penny? We have recently discovered them, and she is a really good writer, if mysteries are something you like.
Thanks! I appreciate author referrals. I will check her out. My mom was a big mystery novel reader and I started enjoying them by reading whatever she did.

I'm finding that changing the habit of sitting through a second hour of TV with DH to reading in bed instead has been a big bonus for me. I find great pleasure in reading and am glad I finally made the time for it!

Dagmar
Old 03-31-2019, 05:57 AM   #123  

:Oh no, more snow! We had a big fluffy snowfall last night. Trixie is out in the yard gleefully rolling in it while Natalie sits inside the sliding door squeaking plaintively.

Dagmar
Old 04-01-2019, 06:16 AM   #124  

Got on the scale for my April weigh in. 137 lbs. Within my winter range of 135-138.

As soon as the weather warms up a bit I'm going to start eating more pre-made salads to help get back into my summer range of 132-135 lbs. I really like salads but find them too fussy to make.

We have a Farm Boy near us now and a Freshii. Both of them have extensive salad menus that you can advance order online. If I can get their products with the dressing on the side I'm in!

Dagmar :
Old 04-01-2019, 06:28 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Well I am still maintaing well and am finding it is easiest for me to keep breakfast delayed -- if I eat it too early I seem hungrier during the day.

K9 Certification is this week. Grueling 4 days of testing starting Wed afternoon - my target is 132-136 and I am keeping it low early this week knowing that during test days we will have a lot of eating out.
Old 04-01-2019, 11:57 AM   #126  
Workin' It

Long week last week, longer week coming up this week. I have lunches made, and snacks prepped. I can handle it. I hope.
Old 04-01-2019, 05:41 PM   #127  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Hi all, I'm finally back on the healthy-eating-plan wagon after many months of swinging between anxiety-induced loss of appetite and stuffing anything food-shaped into my mouth. Last week we went on a marathon family-visitation road trip and the culmination of so much driving, dormancy and poor eating choices is painfully obvious in my body today. I went through a bad bout of depression and work stress last month, but I'm feeling the re-emergence of some optimism again and it's great.
Old 04-01-2019, 05:54 PM   #128  

Go group go! We got this!

Dagmar
Old 04-01-2019, 06:03 PM   #129  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

I ate far too much rubbish in March, and it really doesn't make me feel good, but along with what you all are saying, April seems to bring the possibilities of a new leaf and i'm feeling all motivated to clean up my diet a bit and make healthier choices - especially for the next 3 weeks in prep for a trekking trip i'm doing where it'll be tough physically (it's with the trekking club i'm in and I know two other people on the trip that are both fitter than me - there's 3 people who I don't know of til the prep details come round, but ideally I don't want to be the least fit, and anyway I want to be at my personal best for lugging a full pack up and down mountains, so it's (fairly) clean eating, watching portions and maybe doing more cardio and less strength at the gym for me til then).

JayZeeJay - great to hear you're feeling more positive now, sounds like you've had a tough time mentally recently so it must be a big relief to know you're turning the corner
Shannon - you're super-organised if you've got a full-on week ahead and had a full-on week last week, and you've still made all your lunches already. Great effort girl!
Dagmar - do you really do the summer/winter weight shift every year? Must mean you're really disciplined to make the summer change. Why the difference? And which do you prefer?
Granny - you're in good form at the moment. Good luck with the certification.
Old 04-02-2019, 06:07 AM   #130  

ange I do the weight shift each year but it's kind of a natural transition now. I like to eat more lightly in summer so the lower weight isn't that hard to maintain. I prefer it as I feel better but it's too hard to maintain it in winter.

And I also don't wear a parka in warmer weather so I like to be a bit lighter in summer.

Dagmar
Old 04-02-2019, 01:45 PM   #131  
critter lover

I did great until after dinner last night - then I found a bag of black licorice in the pantry and couldn't stop myself. I hadn't bought licorice in years because I can't resist it, so why did I buy that bag knowing what would happen? Anyhoo, back to basics. I may have to track food again - it's been so long that I need the guidance to get back on course.
Old 04-02-2019, 05:41 PM   #132  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

JayZeeJay - good luck with today's tally. If you did great til dinner yesterday it means that most of your choices yesterday were the right ones

Can't tell you how much better and motivated i'm feeling now after just two days of eating well and focusing on what I want to do in April instead of looking back at what I've eaten in March!
Finally get my car back today after 3 weeks in the garage for hail damage repairs, so that gets me an hour or two off work this morning whilst I go collect it and drop off the hire car
Old 04-02-2019, 08:04 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Dropping in to say hello from Vancouver 💓💓
Dh and I are having a great short break, exploring and eating our way through this beautiful city.
Weather has held out for our 3 days we’ve been here but it looks to be going downhill starting tomorrow.
Tomorrow we have a massage scheduled. And dinner of course.
Home Thursday.
We’ve been to the gym each day and walked a lot, though today I took it easy and did some yoga and stretching instead of a workout.
Not tracking calories and enjoying the break!
Old 04-04-2019, 11:53 AM   #134  
critter lover

Have a great time Michele! I'm feeling better about myself already - it's great what just a few days of taking care of your body can do for your mental health.

Last edited by JayZeeJay; 04-04-2019 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-04-2019, 12:54 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

JayZeeJay, good to see you back in the swing of things
Dagmar, I hope that was your last snow. Enough already!
Nancy, I hope your testing is going well. Hang in there!
Michele, you are having such a nice mental break. I'm glad to hear it.
Ange, I am also trying to prepare for some backpacking and hiking (trekking as you call it). I can usually keep up with my younger friends on a regular trail, but my old stiff knees hamper me in anything rough. I can still climb rocks and descend, but only slowly. It is a feeling of being fragile, which I hate but just have to accept. I always remind my friends that I will be slow on the rocky stuff and they are good about it. I'll be 65 this year and can still cover 16-18 mountain miles in a day, so really shouldn't complain.
Closed Thread