Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 09-13-2018, 10:22 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

I know what you mean, Dagmar. I had last week "off" (but super busy with the wedding!) and this week is kicking my behind! So tired! Smart to get rid of whatever might be contributing to overeating.

I'm going back to my Chiropractor tonight. I've not gone in forever because my insurance no longer covers chiropractic care. However, my shoulder issue that started in March still isn't resolved (though it's much better from PT) and my back has been killing me for quite a while. I'm hopeful he can straighten me out (literally and figuratively).
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 05:04 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

This morning started out with me finding out someone was racking up fraudulent charges on one of my credit cards. I think I got that sorted out without much of a problem though I now will have to change the info on a bunch of sites when I get a new card. Then I got stuck in traffic caused by a major road being closed by a fire and almost missed a meeting with a client. And then, as the finale (I hope) to a day where everything went wrong, I looked out of my second storey window at the bird feeder and saw two RATS eating at its base. The feeder had to go. I will throw seeds to the birds out front like I did last winter. SIGH.

Going out to dinner with a couple of the other dogwalkers. I'm hoping that is a pleasant experience to erase the rest of this rather awful day.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 09:57 PM   #138  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Good Grief, Dagmar!
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 02:29 AM   #139  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Heavens, Dagmar! What a terrible day up as far as the dinner with the dogwalkers. I do hope that was a nice night out.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 05:29 AM   #140  

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbirch View Post
Heavens, Dagmar! What a terrible day up as far as the dinner with the dogwalkers. I do hope that was a nice night out.
It was! I've know both these women for over 20 years so we are part of the "old guard" in the industry in our part of the City. I used to see them every day but now that's all changed. Nice to catch up!

Dagmar
Old 09-17-2018, 02:14 AM   #141  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Morning, all. A quick note to say I'm going on a two week 'fitness media fast' as part of my Precision Nutrition coaching. Let's see how it goes!
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 09:17 AM   #142  

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbirch View Post
Morning, all. A quick note to say I'm going on a two week 'fitness media fast' as part of my Precision Nutrition coaching. Let's see how it goes!
Does "fitness media fast "mean no posting or browsing etc? How does that relate to nutrition please? Thanks!

Dagmar
Old 09-17-2018, 11:23 AM   #143  
Workin' It

Dagmar, that was quite a day! Hope the weekend was better.

Birchie - hope the fast goes well! When you are back, I would like to know how it relates to the coaching, too. I figure it is to allow you to set your own rhythm's without extra chatter and traffic from too much conflicting advice.

Alright weekend, trying to have an alright week.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:12 AM   #144  

Call me Calamity Jane. Cracked tooth. Crown required but probably not root canal. SIGH. At least my dentist was able to put a band around the tooth and stop the toothache I've had since Sunday night. The repairs start in October.

Dagmar
Old 09-19-2018, 10:21 AM   #145  

Oh no, Dagmar! Sorry to hear that! Why do you have to wait so long to start repairs? My hubby just had to have his first root canal. He was in so much pain prior to them doing it. No bueno!
Old 09-19-2018, 11:06 AM   #146  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I'm back home from my frigid vacation. Okay, it wasn't frigid, but it snowed almost the entire time. Driving out on Sunday morning was stressful because we Southern Californians don't own snow tires. We had fun despite the three day trek each way to get to Banff. And I got to see my sister and brother and SIL and one niece. Also made some new friends--two of whom just bought a home a few blocks from us. But now, I need to concentrate on getting back on track food and exercise wise (two days up there I made my step goal, so it wasn't all sitting around!). In a little bit I'll get on the treadmill and get that workout done and then I'm off to Trader Joe's for groceries.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 03:21 PM   #147  
Workin' It

Oh no, Dagmar! I've had a lot of crowns in the last two years, I feel your pain.

Welcome back from vacay, Allison!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 04:02 PM   #148  

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post
Oh no, Dagmar! Sorry to hear that! Why do you have to wait so long to start repairs? My hubby just had to have his first root canal. He was in so much pain prior to them doing it. No bueno!
I'm fine now with the band around my tooth and there won't be any root canal. My dentist does my dental stuff in the late afternoon/early evening so I don't have to miss work and her next appointment at those times is in October. No problem. So glad the temporary band worked and that it's just the crown with no root canal.

They do love me there because I'm the one person who was so relaxed during her root canal (I've had only one) that I fell asleep twice during the procedure. Most people are rigid with fear apparently. I figured "hey, I'm lying down with my feet up listening to light pop music" and went right into it.

Dagmar
Old 09-20-2018, 06:15 AM   #149  

I'm going to be "single" for the weekend. DH is taking the dog up north to visit her former family (his sister) and to see his dad.

I had two plans for the weekend - one healthy, one not so much - and I waffled back and forth between the two. Decided on the healthy plan and will stick to it.

Dagmar
Old 09-20-2018, 11:08 AM   #150  

Good for you for choosing the healthy path, Dagmar. I'm right there with you. Single this weekend and much of the next 2 months in fact. I always waffle between healthy choices and going rogue when dh is gone. Luckily I usually choose the healthy...