Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 08-23-2018, 03:45 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
Bronchoscopy yesterday went pretty well. The lungs were a lot clearer than the one in March, but still have a lot of inflammation. Now we wait for the cultures to come back to see if there is infection. I'm draggy and tired today, it was a longlonglong day yesterday.
Shannon

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 06:09 AM   #107  

Dragged myself out into the garden last night to do some pruning. Once I got into it I was surprised when the light started fading. Trixie and I had been out there for over an hour! It's the motivation that's the tricky part.

Dagmar
Old 08-24-2018, 01:31 PM   #108  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

As is always the case though I always like to pretend it's not, sticking to 1200 calories/day does actually make me lose weight. Back down to 146 today after a few days on track. I'm still off on the exercise due to this damn chest cold that just won't quit. I went to the doctor today and he prescribed antibiotics and an inhaler, so hopefully that will clear up enough that I feel comfortable going running again. We're going to a wedding this weekend, and then another wedding in 3 weeks (the first one is driving distance, the second we're flying to). I need to stop allowing every "special" event to be an excuse to eat everything in sight, because there will never be a time that there are no "special" events.

I know I can lose this weight. I've done it before. I just need to DO it. Maybe if I say it enough times I'll convince myself :P
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 06:30 AM   #109  

I have avoided all the beer and crunchy snacks that DH brought home for the weekend. me! I have settled into the routine of having some fruit and a 100 cal container of yogurt in the evening and that seems to satisfy any "dessert" cravings. I'm also sticking to my 1 hour of TV per night. And no candy eating while I read in bed.

I'm curious to see what the scale says in September. :

Dagmar
Old 08-27-2018, 03:27 AM   #110  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Settling into the routine sounds so good, Dagmar. After a bit of hurly-burly here over the summer I think some kind of routine could be on the horizon for me. I think I may have lost the tiniest smidgen of weight.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 10:30 AM   #111  
Workin' It

Dagmar - I always find I enjoy the gardening once I drag myself out to it, it is the getting out there that is hard. LOL I didn't plant anything this year, just didn't have it in me. I'm finally cleaning out the beds now from winter. Just in time for another fall and winter.... Great job on the crunchies and candy! That is always the challenge for me, too. I'm finding that now that I've been without them for a month or so, I don't crave them as much. (Though now that I say that, I'll be dying for something about 2:30, just you wait.)

Jessica - yea, that is pretty true for me, too. I hate to admit it, it drives me crazy, but when I eat lower calorie and lower sugar I feel better.

Birchie - does hurly-burly mean busy, lots of stuff going on? It sounds like that when I say it aloud.

MIL's initial tests are back, and the early ones don't show any infection. The last time, it took longer for her obscure bacteria to surface, so we are waiting to see if that comes up. If it doesn't, we are looking at inflammation only. Worrisome and still hard to treat, but not as critical as infection.

My grandmother is in the hospital. I'm trying to decide if I am going to go down and sit with her some so my dad can get out of the hospital for a little while. It is almost two hours away, so not an easy jaunt down for it, it would be a pack a bag and stay overnight kind of thing.

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 08-27-2018 at 11:14 AM.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 10:40 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

Dagmar, you are really making some good choices! My good choice this week was to put the peanut butter in the bedroom closet (on DH's side). I haven't had any since I moved it.

Shannon, sorry the hospital trip would take so much time. It's hard to decide how much time to donate when there never seems to be enough.for ourselves.
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 09:08 AM   #113  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlinAtTheMoon View Post
Dagmar, you are really making some good choices! My good choice this week was to put the peanut butter in the bedroom closet (on DH's side). I haven't had any since I moved it.

Shannon, sorry the hospital trip would take so much time. It's hard to decide how much time to donate when there never seems to be enough.for ourselves.
Alice You have willpower! I can't keep PB anywhere in the house.

Dagmar
Old 08-29-2018, 10:32 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Shannon,
How's your Grandma doing?

I need to stop mindless stress snacking! It's healthy stuff but I'm never going to fit in my dresses at this rate. We leave Sunday for Houston and there's so much to do!

Allison or other cruisers-- has anyone cruised with Crystal or Viking? We are getting burned out on Princess and considering a higher end cruise line for our next cruise, whenever that may be... Just wondering if one is better than the other in general or if they are both similar.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 11:16 AM   #115  
Workin' It

My grandmother is improving, and they hope that she will go home tonight or tomorrow. She's getting some of her energy level back, and ate a really good lunch today.

The above was yesterday, where I apparently started this and didn't post it. Today, she has a new hospitalist who wants to review all of her records and sit down with the surgeon who came in for a consult on Sunday for what appear to be gallstones before he will release her. The one we saw yesterday was prepared to send her home if this morning was the same as yesterday morning numbers wise, which it was. Kinda frustrating.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 01:37 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Michele~I have friends who have done Viking, but I have not yet. Neither with Crystal. We were die-hard Holland America cruisers for years (mid-sized ships) and did one Norwegian on one of their smaller ships. The one we do now is Oceania Cruises. They have about six ships, two of which have only 684 guests (the others are about 1200). I really prefer these smaller ships. We've made good friends on them! I get brochures from so many lines (Viking, Windstar, Oceania, Holland America, Azamara (same ships as Oceania--my friends went on one and enjoyed it), Regent Seven Seas, Seabourn, Tauck, etc. It's hard to choose but we keep going smaller and smaller!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 04:33 PM   #117  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
Michele~I have friends who have done Viking, but I have not yet. Neither with Crystal. We were die-hard Holland America cruisers for years (mid-sized ships) and did one Norwegian on one of their smaller ships. The one we do now is Oceania Cruises. They have about six ships, two of which have only 684 guests (the others are about 1200). I really prefer these smaller ships. We've made good friends on them! I get brochures from so many lines (Viking, Windstar, Oceania, Holland America, Azamara (same ships as Oceania--my friends went on one and enjoyed it), Regent Seven Seas, Seabourn, Tauck, etc. It's hard to choose but we keep going smaller and smaller!
One couple who are my clients swear by Crystal. They used to go on 2-3 cruises a year and always chose that company.

Dagmar
Old 08-30-2018, 10:24 AM   #118  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
The size is part of the issue with us. The ships we've been on are huge. I'd like to try smaller ones too. And we get all the brochures too! I'll check out Oceania as well.
Old 08-30-2018, 12:56 PM   #119  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Crystal sends me brochures for some reason and I always drool over them and then toss them in the recycling because I don't want to spend that much money. I've never been on a cruise though. I'm considering a Disney cruise sometime because I hear they're great for families with young children!

As far as food and exercise go, I've been struggling a bit with food. Exercise has been nonexistent the past couple of weeks because it seemed like a bad idea to go running with bronchitis. Hopefully next week I'll be well enough to pick it up again. We've also had a bit of a shift to our schedule since the kids started school and we need to get them on the bus in the morning. For food, when I've got full control over my day I do pretty well, coming in below 1400 calories (which isn't quite as low as it needs to be for me), but I keep having work events over lunch with lunch provided and I'm terrible at resisting temptation when it's sitting right in front of me. Next week I've got three days in a row of all-day meetings, which always include lunch and snacks. The week after is Rosh Hashanah, my birthday, AND we're going out of town for a wedding. So many events! I need to find a way to get enough willpower for this.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 02:57 PM   #120  

That's a lot of events, Jessica! I feel you on the temptations!
Today is my last day at work before we leave Sunday morning for Texas. SO much to do!
I'm hoping Spanx will work miracles because stress or eating is definitely not my friend at the moment!

My dd had Lasik this morning so hopefully she will be glasses and contacts free for her wedding next week!
And hubby went in and had to have a root canal. All patients seem to be faring okay for now...