Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 08-13-2018, 04:15 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

I'm on the last day of our "away" vacation. I really enjoyed myself but I have to get the phone/internet tech thing together. We brought a laptop but the mouse is malfunctioning and I've had a heck of a time replying to stuff in a timely way. The younger set like to text and I did learn the basics of that. I think I have to change my data plan too and start bringing my glasses to see the type on the phone. This getting older stuff sucks.

I've been eating as carefully as possible and will not get on the scale until I've been back 3-4 days. Too many carbs despite actively looking for salad options!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:47 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Jayell~Deer Valley is just a little farther up from Park City. My niece is the concierge at Deer Valley Resort.

Defining~I live in the desert of Southern California. We are always super hot in the summer, but last month was the hottest July on record.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:38 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Wearing a looser fitting dress to work today which is flattering and forgiving. Certainly changes my mindspace :-)
My back has been killing me the past few mornings-- super stiff-- this morning it was measurably better-- hoping it stays this way!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 02:49 PM   #79  
Workin' It

Defining - right now I'm just using the momentum in the mornings, I haven't always been that diligent. I've been doing it for almost a month now, so I'm hoping it sticks.

Michele - yikes! I know you moved around a lot on your trip, so hoping for some water weight, too.

I'm still keeping on. Cleaned my kitchen cabinet tops and the top of the fridge yesterday, did the floors in the upstairs bathrooms and laundry room today. Got some yard work done this weekend.

Moving and grooving. Learning to love riced cauliflower. 🤣
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 05:15 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 71/67/55

Height: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post

I've been eating as carefully as possible and will not get on the scale until I've been back 3-4 days. Too many carbs despite actively looking for salad options!

Dagmar
I understand you perfectly, also when I was away I ate too much carbohydrates. before I come in and my weight - I always wait about a week
Camila415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 06:16 AM   #81  

Did my yoga this morning. I really missed working out and we sat too much despite all the sightseeing. I'm still stiff but feeling a bit more limber after a yoga workout. Going to restock the fridge today and do some work in my poor neglected yards. Dog and I are going to the beach this morning. She can go off leash there.

Dagmar
Old 08-15-2018, 08:53 AM   #82  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Okay, I pretty much fell off the wagon the last couple of weeks. There was just too much going on. (I know that's an excuse.)

In any case I'm here again, weight is at 148. I've got a wedding coming up in 10 days that I just bought a dress for, so my dress fits, but it'll fit better if I could drop 1-2lbs. Then I have ANOTHER wedding a month after that, and for that one I'm planning to wear a dress I've had since before I had the kids. I tried it on and it's tight, but wearable. If I can get down to 145 or lower by then I think it'll fit fine.

This week so far I've done well with keeping calories in check. I haven't exercised in a week because I caught a nasty chest cold, and it's really frustrating. I want to go run in the morning, but I have enough trouble catching my breath and breathing without coughing just sitting around, so it seems like it'd be a bad idea to try to do any kind of cardio until at least the chest congestion clears up. I have at least gone for a walk at lunchtime at work the last two days, and that level of exertion seems to be okay.

In other news, my kids started kindergarten yesterday! The first day went well and they were happy to get on the bus this morning, so hopefully today will be good too.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:05 AM   #83  

Jessica for the successful kindergarten start!

Dagmar
Old 08-15-2018, 10:33 AM   #84  

Hooray, Jessica! So exciting!
You and I got this for the wedding dresses fitting!!
Old 08-15-2018, 01:00 PM   #85  
Workin' It

Jessica - I hope the girls have a great first day at kindergarten!

Long day yesterday, up early today, restless sleep last night. DSS tonight, so tomorrow will be up at 4:30. I have to make sure I go to bed on time tonight.
Old 08-16-2018, 10:33 AM   #86  

Shannon-- yes, I moved a ton in Japan. Not enough apparently! Clothes are still tight and I refuse to get on the scale, but hoping I'm making some progress.

One of my closest friends is coming tonight for a few days. I haven't seen her in several years. I will have to get her from the airport after work, have a late dinner, and get zero workout....So.... hoping she and I can stick to healthy meal choices while she's here (till Tuesday). Dh leaves tomorrow for China (again). My friend and I are going to Alcatraz for a tour, and I may see if she wants to do the Oakland Zoo Saturday.... we will get some walking in at least I hope (she has many health problems so I'm not sure how much walking she can handle). My dog, Ellie (who has anxiety and has never met her) will have a new buddy to get to know!
Old 08-17-2018, 01:40 PM   #87  
Workin' It

Michele - have fun with your friend!

Good week for me so far. We went out to lunch on Sunday and then dinner on Tuesday night, and I survived with healthy choices and no noticeable impact to my weight progress. I had a piece of candy mid-afternoon at the office yesterday and didn't eat the entire bag. I call those wins. I am noticing that I feel better - less GI distress over the last month. I did notice some minor yick feeling yesterday afternoon after the candy (and the box of raisins and 1/3 box craisins and mandarin oranges I had just before the candy, honestly used the candy to try to stop the snack flood) that could be from the sugar or just the lots of small snacks all at once. Cleared up pretty quickly. I'm losing weight pretty steadily, and am okay with that.

Doctor visit on Monday with MIL to follow up on some tests.

Small things project still going strong, here at the end of about four weeks and the first planned out two week period. I find I did a few things more often than planned, need to tweak some time estimates, etc. We'll see how long I can keep it going. I will say that the house feels a lot cleaner, and the air seems better. I like that.
Old 08-18-2018, 03:37 AM   #88  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Morning! I am happy to report a stronger body now I'm really in the groove of proper daily exercise. It's the being in the groove that's making the difference. Food could be on the turn from kind of all right to pretty good.

Consumer request: any views on the Kindle Oasis (2017)? My original Kindle (with page turn buttons) is starting to slow and jam so I'm wondering about a new one. Are the Oasis buttons really very loud or just by comparison with a touchscreen?

Sending good vibes to JayZeeJay in this new phase of life! Hope it's going well.

Shannon, you are encouraging me from afar. I am getting through a pile of small things, one thing at a time, and it's helping enormously. Serious cleaning is still to come, though!

Wave to all!
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 05:32 PM   #89  

Up only 2 lbs. from 5 days away on vacation - Searching for those salad options and not eating at night did the trick!

Dagmar
Old 08-19-2018, 02:32 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

I'm having no luck getting the scale to go down. But I'm not giving up, because of course I know it is not about luck.

Michele, I hope your back is feeling better.
Birchie, I have an older Kindle than you and don't know anything about newer ones. Good luck getting something you like.

JayZeeJay, I can only imagine how busy you are! Hang in there!

My neck and shoulder are feeling better, i.e., not much pain and I can sleep okay. I'm going to physical therapy and will have a consult with a neurosurgeon a week from tomorrow. Meanwhile I learned that my brother had surgery on his lumbar spine to correct lack of nerve space causing him a lot of leg pain. It's all in the family, unfortunately. But having very little pain sure puts me in a better mood at the moment
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote