Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 04-29-2018, 06:31 AM   #286  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
It has been a long weekend here. We got the line in yesterday, and are on bag two of the antibiotics. I'm still here, have been here since yesterday morning. She is very anxious, and not rolling well with the discussion of me leaving and going home. I can't tell if some of the side effects I'm seeing are from the medication, or the stress. Personally - since some of them started yesterday morning before the line was even in - I suspect stress. You can watch her get anxious - it starts on her face, she gets worked up, and then she is sick to her stomach within minutes. The same kind of thing happens to me when I get nerved or anxious. I'm going to stay overnight again, take her to the treatment tomorrow, then go home to get up at 4am Monday and start another day.

Jay - this one is Zosyn primarily, with another one blended in a smaller amount into it. The other choice we had was Meropenam - we would have had to inject that one into the line three times a day ourselves, versus the Zosyn which we go get a bag at a time from the infusion center.

I'm tired, y'all.
Shannon

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 08:58 AM   #287  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Have from me too, Shannon.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:22 AM   #288  

Anyone tried online workouts with a woman named "Autumn Calabrese"?

Dagmar
Old 04-30-2018, 11:33 AM   #289  
Workin' It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
Anyone tried online workouts with a woman named "Autumn Calabrese"?

Dagmar
She is the one who created the 21 Day Fix programs, right? If so, I did a couple of demo ones. Didn't stick to them.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 12:18 PM   #290  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Dagmar-- YES!!
She did create 21 day Fix, along with many others.

She is the creator of the one I just finished and am repeating-- 80 day obsession. She also has a fun dance one called Country Heat!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 10:57 AM   #291  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Just googled the country heat dance one... i definitely want to check it out!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 03:27 PM   #292  
Workin' It

Five days of antibiotics down for MIL, nine to go. A few gastrointestinal side effects popping up, but we can already see what appears to be improvement. Hoping the side effects don't get worse or cause us to stop the treatment.

A woman in my office just got an Edible Arrangement from our bank, so had a nice fresh fruit afternoon snack.

Hope everyone is doing great today.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:17 AM   #293  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Hi folks, sorry I disappeared for a while, it was very hectic with prep for my kids' birthday, then my mom being in town! In any case my kids successfully turned 5, much birthday cake was eaten, and my mom went back home yesterday. We got the kids bikes for their birthday so I forsee more physical activity in our future. I put the training wheels up a little bit but I think I have to move them back down so they can get used to the correct posture first. My mom and I took the girls out on their bikes the other day and I logged 12k steps walking after them!

Anyway my weight is all messed up from the weekend of cake and such, even though other than the cake I think I did a good job. Whenever my mom comes we have a lot of restaurant meals, but I did a good job of portion control and mostly ordering healthier options. (I feel victorious for not cleaning my plate at any of those meals!)
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 09:13 AM   #294  

Jessica on the healthier meal choices and the not so shiny plate!

Dagmar
Old 05-02-2018, 05:05 PM   #295  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Jessica, happy birthday to your kiddos! I'm sure your bike running will balance out the cake in no time. Definite congrats are in order for keeping things in control otherwise.

I'm back to counting calories on myfitnesspal. I've done this all before, but I don't remember always being so hungry in the process. Sigh. So I'm hungry and forgoing my daily beer, but my clothes still don't fit. I also forgot that this is not an instantaneous fix.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 06:13 PM   #296  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I got back from a laid-back vacation (read little exercise) and jumped right back into the treadmill only to hurt my hip again. So I'm laying low to get the pain gone and then will start back up slowly. In the mean time, I'm going to try kept. Not sure if I'll like it or not, but nothing makes it seem icky. The foods seem good (I like cheese!). We'll see if this jumpstarts some loss for me.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 06:52 AM   #297  

Hubby has had a terrible cold for almost 2 weeks now. Refuses to seek medical assistance because "doctors don't treat guys". Due to his terrible cough and our lack of a second bedroom I haven't slept much the last two weeks.

And now the dog is due for surgery tomorrow. I told hubby he can either go to a clinic or a doctor or he can rent a motel room.

I'm curious to see what he chooses.

Dagmar
Old 05-03-2018, 11:17 AM   #298  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Iris-- I LOVE the Country Heat dancing! So fun and doesn't feel at all like working out-- but I am definitely sweating and burning calories! I like to do that one in the mornings to wake my body up and put myself in the right frame of mind for the day.

Dagmar-- good luck with hubby and surgery!!

My daughter arrives at midnight tonight-- we go tomorrow to pick up her wedding dress (she'll bring back to Texas to alter it)-- we are going to look for a dress for me too. She leaves early Sunday-- hopefully I can not to too far off the rails with meals and exercise.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 12:41 PM   #299  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Dagmar - best of luck and fingers crossed.

I had a super busy last 6 days, traveling to give guest lectures and squeezing in visits to my parents, my sister and her family, and my MIL. The positive part about it being so hectic with my running for trains, buses, etc. (I did everything without a car) was that I was way too busy to overeat. I spent all my free time just being with people. It's impossible to sustain manic activity in the long term but in short bursts it's pretty fun. So much positive energy from visiting with family and friends! And I'm a few pounds down.
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 04:04 PM   #300  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayZeeJay View Post
Dagmar - best of luck and fingers crossed.

I had a super busy last 6 days, traveling to give guest lectures and squeezing in visits to my parents, my sister and her family, and my MIL. The positive part about it being so hectic with my running for trains, buses, etc. (I did everything without a car) was that I was way too busy to overeat. I spent all my free time just being with people. It's impossible to sustain manic activity in the long term but in short bursts it's pretty fun. So much positive energy from visiting with family and friends! And I'm a few pounds down.
JayZee!

Dagmar