Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 02-23-2018, 04:36 PM   #91  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Dagmar, I haven't seen any sign-in problems.

153 this morning. Went for a half hour walk today and made sure to stretch and roll out my feet afterward to avoid getting sore again. Goal for this weekend: only one "treat" meal.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 06:40 AM   #92  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Saturday morning, still at 159.6.

Yesterday, after three meetings -- a hiring kickoff with HR and back-to-back meetings on a new project -- I felt done with my day. I had one other one-on-one. I should have done paperwork. I should have backread a report that a direct is writing. She had an emotional meltdown about it the day before, saying she couldn't do it, just couldn't do it, had never done it, the analyst wouldn't accept the changes anyway. She wanted me to check her work. Also I need to create a training guide for seven people on a migration of content they'll be laboring over it. But I was done. Just done. Finished.

So that means I'll have to do stuff today, on Saturday.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 07:29 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
Michele You asked the mods about the repeated sign ins? Could you please LMK what they say and how to resolve it? Thanks!

Dagmar
There’s a post that has some suggestions to try like clearing cache and cookies. Bill said he logged out and then logged in and that worked for him. I’ll have to check from work as I’m not having issues from home.

This is my crazy time at work with my book fair and Readathon so I’m not checking in much, especially from work....

I’ll be much happier a week from now when at least the book fair will be done.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 06:19 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

I'm trying the log out/log in. Will see how that worked tomorrow.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 07:17 AM   #95  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Dagmar, I had trouble awhile ago because I was using a shortcut that had an outdated URL. If you're still having trouble, I'd suggest you log out, leave the site, then delete any shortcut/favorite/bookmark you're using to get to this forum. Then type 3 fat chicks into the Search box on your browser, navigate to this forum, and log in, checking Remember Me. Once logged in, you can re-do your shortcut.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 10:53 AM   #96  
Girl Gone Strong

Thank you, all. Somehow whenever I came here, I was logging onto some Taco Bake recipe and always having to navigate toward this thread. I think I have that stupid recipe memorized. Now it's fixed.

159.4 today, and so sad, it being Sunday, and work about to start again in less than 34 hours.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:21 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good morning!

I'm back from my golf vacation and am ready to hit this diet thing full on! I was fortunate to be on a team that won our tournament and now have a second trophy for my office. I like to display it there because the guys praise me for it! LOL. I did contribute on this tournament--on one par four, one guy drove the green and I was up first to putt and sank an 18 foot putt for an eagle! I doubt that will ever happen again!

My DS got me an air fryer for Christmas and I've done potatoes in there several times. You use either just a little oil or Pam to prevent any sticking, so I consider it a great alternative to fries. Best things so far have been a regular russet potato, washed and cut into 2" cubes, sprayed with Pam and cooked. Crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside.

I'm fresh out of grandparents at this time, having lost my DH's grandmother just before Christmas to Alzheimers. She was 94. Her husband proceeded her about 10 years ago. My grandparents all died before I was out of high school, and I never met my Dad's dad.

My FIL, who accompanied us on the golf trip, has been on/off sick since December. Sinus infection, bronchitis, colds (no flu), and he wasn't feeling great for the tournament but soldiered through. Yesterday morning he seemed back to his usual self but got a cough attack in the car on the way home. MIL took him to urgent care in the afternoon where he got a breathing treatment and yet another antibiotic. He goes in for some test tomorrow to see if the cough is due to sinuses or possibly acid reflux. On top of all this, he had a collapsed lung twice last fall.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 01:49 PM   #98  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Finally checking in after a dismal 2 weeks. The situation with our dog that we had to put down sent me into a worse depression than I've experienced in a long time. To compound it, DH had to immediately leave to stay with his mother as she had surgery. I was able to scrape by at work but would fall apart when I came home.

The worst part was that I had planned to fly out to Arizona for a long weekend with friends. And when Friday 2 am rolled around, I couldn't make myself go. It was a combination of having to drive myself in the dark on icy, deserted county roads (and it's an hour drive to the airport), and being unable to face leaving the remaining pets with a total stranger. My friends understood of course; and yesterday when they were headed out to run the ultra without me, I realized that I could at least run along with them. So I ran 26 miles in slush and rain, and did feel a bit better for it. But today I'm back to being down, and missing my friends, and DH who will be gone another week. On the dietary front, I've likely managed to undo most of the good progress I'd made in the first 6 weeks of the year.
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 04:38 PM   #99  

JayZee

Dagmar
Old 02-26-2018, 06:10 AM   #100  

Back to work full time today. I'm adopting the attitude that I will do what I can. The dogs will be very happy to see me, we'll do slow walking, and there will be lots of treats. Good thing the weather is co-operating for the next few days.

Dagmar
Old 02-26-2018, 08:41 AM   #101  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

to JZJ

152.4 for me today. I planned to have one treat this weekend . . . and then ended up not having any. I guess that's good though. A couple of my good friends from college are getting married in May, and yesterday I booked our travel and RSVP'd (kids will stay with grandparents for the weekend). It ended up being $1500 between airfare, car, and hotel -- which is part of why we're not taking the kids -- and left me thinking that I really don't want to have to spend money on a new dress on top of all that. I have a wardrobe full of beautiful dresses that are appropriate for a wedding, but none of them fit me. It's two and a half months until then, and I think if I can get down to 140-ish by then I should be able to fit in at least one of my dresses if not most of them.

Motivation! Fitting into at least one of my nice dresses for this wedding. I haven't been able to lose weight that quickly in a long time, but I'm trying this app, and it's working so far (down 5lbs in 3 weeks), and if I can keep losing at the same rate for a while I should be able to do it.

Last edited by paperclippy; 02-26-2018 at 08:41 AM.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:55 AM   #102  
Girl Gone Strong

Monday morning, at 160.4.

Driving into work where today, later in the morning, we witness the ritual of the All-Company Meeting. Things are great, getting greater, improve your mindset, sell, sell, work harder, upbeat music, our CEO smiling into the camera. Then they hand out free lunch which you put in a paper bag and carry back to your desk.

I spent yesterday back-reading and making edits on 28 pages that my direct had her meltdown over last Thursday. I should have also created training materials for the migration but the report ended up taking all of my time.

I am grateful for the out-of-doors, the sprouting spring flowers which are just starting to push out of the mud, and other things which aren't controlled by corporations.

JZJ, I'm thinking about asking my doctor to up my antidepressant by whatever number of milligrams. I understand so completely. The things that I planned and then canceled, just because I wanted to stay home curled up & licking my wounds. When probably interaction with people who can tell me I'm actually a decent human being, not a failure unable to keep up with the herd, might have been a better antidote. Just any relationship that isn't transactional. But social interaction requires so much, I just couldn't make myself do it.

Last edited by saef; 02-26-2018 at 08:55 AM.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:25 AM   #103  

Jessica Maybe hang up one of your pretty dresses somewhere you can see it? I find that works for me sometimes. I'm going to put one of my summery dresses out in the bedroom when I get back from the dogsit. I can fit into it but barely and my stomach is sticking out.

Dagmar
Old 02-26-2018, 11:54 AM   #104  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
The things that I planned and then canceled, just because I wanted to stay home curled up & licking my wounds. When probably interaction with people who can tell me I'm actually a decent human being, not a failure unable to keep up with the herd, might have been a better antidote. Just any relationship that isn't transactional. But social interaction requires so much, I just couldn't make myself do it.
You are exactly right (and your way with words is always fantastic - sometimes I think I should just copy and paste your words into my journal as they express my emotions better than I can).

As soon as I bailed out on our trip, I felt this way. And now of course the regret at not going is keen. The endless grey weather, rain and snow, has not helped the situation this month. I need to start acting as if I feel well, and that will likely carry me through. Fake it til you make it, etc. Maybe I'll try on a few of my own summer dresses, for the kick in the pants and for the reminders that eventually the sun WILL come out again, and eventually I'll be happy again.
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 06:09 AM   #105  
Girl Gone Strong

Tuesday morning at 161.1.

Still going over the direct report's work. She gave me 10 additional pages, and I started checking them last night, up till bedtime, and am now up early, and missing the gym, by choice, to look them over today. According to my past experience with her, she will learn something from this and she will be able to cope with this situation the next time it occurs. She is an anxious person. However, once she gets it, she works like a horse. I think of her in that way so habitually that in my mind, she's wearing an old-fashioned horse-collar over her shoulders, and she's just come in from plowing the fields all day.

I'm trying to be whimsical but I'm angry and not pleased at not getting to the gym. This is my deadlift day, which is not fun but makes me feel strong afterward for picking up 190 lbs. at 2x6.