Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 12-18-2017, 06:21 AM   #301  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

We brought in our tree last night. The house smells really nice this morning. I'm hoping to get the decorations on it Thursday night.

I have my final grocery list and menu for Christmas Eve so I'm pretty much set with the planning and acquiring stuff part. A day of cooking on Saturday and organizing and arranging on Sunday and the event should go pretty well.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 10:16 AM   #302  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

I've been fighting a cold/virus for about 4 days-- dh as well. Curbed our weekend plans, which helped me to stay on plan more, but my weight is up 2 pounds. Hopefully that comes off before we leave for Houston on Friday. A million and one things to do before then. Not to mention work.

Hopefully our new door is being put in today--it will be the third attempt-- they keep arriving damaged. I also got a notice from Amazon that my package (with presents for niece and nephew) is damaged and they will attempt to still deliver it. I'm praying what's inside is intact!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 01:49 PM   #303  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

Dagmar, I am imagining your pine smell. Nice! Ours is a fake tree.

Too many holiday parties. I've been doing okay with food on the non-party days but I'm avoiding the scale until I can get a week of normal food days in a row starting today.

Pepper the cat (in my avatar) has been throwing up and losing weight. The vet did bloodwork and checked thyroid level - all normal. Gave him a cortisone shot and I switched him to soft food. That helped a bit but not enough. Still losing weight, so tomorrow he'll have a "barium swallow". Pepper is 13. It seems like we always have some animal crisis around the holidays.
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 02:27 PM   #304  

Thinking good thoughts for Pepper, Alice! Our Wilbur (15) wasn't feeling well and I took him in last week (sneezing and wheezing). Luckily a round of antibiotics seems to have helped him.
Old 12-18-2017, 04:03 PM   #305  

Thanks Michele. I will keep Wilbur and everyone's animal family in my thoughts this holiday season. And humans too!
Old 12-18-2017, 04:48 PM   #306  
Workin' It

Goods thoughts for Pepper and Wilbur from the ATL, too.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 06:10 AM   #307  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
Goods thoughts for Pepper and Wilbur from the ATL, too.
And from Toronto.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 09:30 AM   #308  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Tuesday morning at 162.5.

Yes, up more, but I'm finally in the office today. We get our expensed luncheon at the Cheesecake Factory. I've reviewed the menu online beforehand and know what I'll order. I'm more annoyed by this luncheon than anything --- all the arrangements of who rides in whose car, and how to get there, in this city that I don't know, and where to park in the nearby parking garage, and where everyone sits. My manager had faint praise for my bringing in two big projects last week -- she was all about drilling me about a few more details to take care of, as though I were the most shiftless employee possible, capable of forgetting all kinds of details.

I'm reminding myself that a week off is just a few days away.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 10:19 AM   #309  

I arrived to work this morning to a woman trying to deliver TONS and TONS of pastries and other goodies from a local bakery. We are having Junior Achievement come and meet with the classes this morning and the goodies are from them. I let her in with her boxes and boxes and bags and bags of goodies. I will need to steer clear for sure!!

I think my morning will be quiet though as most if not all of my morning classes will be tied up with that.

Alice-- how is Pepper doing?
Old 12-19-2017, 12:24 PM   #310  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Hi all, I'm trying to get back in the swing of regular posting. Not too much to report currently, just lots of work. We're not able to go down to family for the holidays because of my clinic duty, but after I got over being sad about that I realized how much I'm looking forward to NOT traveling to see parents on a holiday, and instead being at home.

Eating and exercise are ok, in fact I'm feeling strangely good about myself lately. Of course I haven't weighed in months so who knows what that might tell me, but I'm not tempted to. It can wait (I know that's a big no no of maintenance but my clothes are fitting well, so good enough for now).

Alice, I shouldn't be weighing in on Pepper since he's another vet's patient, but an abdominal ultrasound will likely give you a lot of info if the barium study does not. Given the normal labwork findings, the top differentials are all conditions that ultrasound is much better at detecting than a contrast study.
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 12:55 PM   #311  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good morning. I'm not going to comment on my weight as it isn't budging and at this point I may as well wait until the holidays are over.

My assistant showed up today saying she didn't feel well, that she was coming down with a cold. I told her she should have stayed home...She proceeded to cough and hack for 30 minutes while presumably doing payroll (which needed to be done early as the payroll company is closed Friday). My FIL, who just got over a cold/sinus infection, told her she should have stayed home and that he wouldn't be in the office because he didn't want to get sick again. More coughing and finally DH stepped in and said to go home. It slays me why she feels she is the only one who can successfully do payroll. It isn't that hard and I can get it done in half the time she takes to do it. Anyway, she's gone, I did payroll, and now I just have to hope that her germs don't get me sick just before the holidays.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 01:44 PM   #312  
Workin' It

Allison - I'll see your cold in your workplace and raise you a flu in the adjoining cubicle to my husband with asthma. An actual diagnosed just now after he was finally chased out of the office after two days of sneezing and coughing all over everyone and dragging around case of the flu. Who in the heck thinks it is okay to come to work four days before Christmas with the freaking flu when everyone in the office can work from home? Sigh. If he gets sick I'm going to lose it. He's brought home four cold/crud cases from this guy since September. There is no sick day in M's world, so he sprays it on everyone around him and they all work in each other's hip pockets.

JZJ - hey there! Glad you are feeling good.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 12:59 AM   #313  

JayZeeJay, I always appreciate when you weigh in on my animal health issues!! My vet detected a mass in or near Pepper's stomach (I only talked to the office person so I'm not sure on the details) and will go in surgically in the morning. Tomorrow I'll find out what the prognosis is. If it's advanced cancer, we'll probably opt to have Pepper put to sleep on the operating table, as sad as that is. If it's benign, he may have a chance at some more good years. I have great confidence in my vet's surgical skills. When I go in I will ask whether they do ultrasound there, just for future reference. Bakersfield is not a great area for the latest and greatest in either medical or veterinary practices, and I might have to drive to LA or the Bay area for animal ultrasound.

Yes, it is nice to stay home for the holidays. Holidays should be about stress reduction, and often they are just the opposite.

Stay healthy or get healthy, everyone. Away with germs!

I've strung together two good deficit days. I'm trying for two more and then I'll weigh on Friday. Right now I'm hungry but feeling determined.
Old 12-20-2017, 05:51 AM   #314  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Wednesday at 160.7. That feels just about right with salt washing away.

I'm working from home with three meetings that aren't going to be relaxing. I need to tell two of my writers they'll have to step up their game and do more work. I need to conclude the judging of the annual writing awards. And I have my weekly one-on-one with my manager, which is never fun, though improved by giving her my project spreadsheet.

I'm very late for the gym and must head out right now.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 06:04 AM   #315  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Sending best wishes to Pepper, over there in California. Hope things work out for you.

Exercise: poor.
Food: not bad.
Sleep: better as mild weather let me have the window open last night.
Christmas siege preparations: quietly confident.

Last edited by silverbirch; 12-20-2017 at 06:05 AM.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote