Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 11-30-2017, 10:52 AM   #226  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Thursday at 161.6. I was up working on a short PowerPoint deck till close to 10 PM.

I had a brainstorm yesterday and came up with a spreadsheet form for my project reporting to my manager, to guide our conversations. I sent it to her beforehand. She really liked it, and it helped structure our talk. She was pleasant and even shared the office gossip that she adores and collects avidly.

But that didn't solve the issue. It only reinforces my unhappiness over the fact that I need to be absolutely perfect when I'm around her, that any lapse isn't tolerated. That is exhausting.

Looking at the job listings again.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:45 AM   #227  
Girl Gone Strong

Friday, still at 161.6. Up till 10 PM again, doing my self-assessment, and up again at 4 AM.

So much to do today. I have to get a release witnessed and notarized that will end my lawsuit and lead to a payout. The sooner this happens, the sooner this concludes and the money comes in. At this time of year, you know that's very welcome. I have to finish off my self-assessment, now that I'm not exhausted. I have to co-present at a meeting with Product. And help a manager problem-solve when it comes to managing reviews of his team's documents.

This weekend is so welcome. I do not foresee the department becoming drowsy and slowing down a little just before the holidays, as used to happen.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:25 AM   #228  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

TGIF!
I managed to get up each morning this week and workout before work-- win! Scale is cooperating as a result which makes me happy. Dh and I are eating out tonight which will likely negatively affect that, and I'm looking forward to not getting up tomorrow at 4:30-4:45!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 12:51 PM   #229  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

I agree, Michele, even though I don't get up as early as you. It's been a challenging week over here and the weekend will be too, but in a different way. Looking forward to doing a full set of exercises tomorrow morning.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 01:10 PM   #230  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Hello all! Nice to be back here. I'm going to try to check in more frequently. I have gained 10+ in a relatively short period. I know I have to take responsibility. My hands put all those calories into my mouth. It's my choice to sit rather than move.
Glad to be back

My goals for today are to track calories and take a short run or longer walk

Happy holiday season to everyone!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 02:31 PM   #231  
Workin' It

Hey KC!

Michele - great job on the exercise! I did not exercise this morning, as I woke up feeling like crap. It hasn't improved much over the day.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 05:09 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat40 View Post
Hello all! Nice to be back here. I'm going to try to check in more frequently. I have gained 10+ in a relatively short period. I know I have to take responsibility. My hands put all those calories into my mouth. It's my choice to sit rather than move.
Glad to be back

My goals for today are to track calories and take a short run or longer walk

Happy holiday season to everyone!
Happy holidays to you too KC!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 05:39 PM   #233  

Good to see you again, KC!

Hope you feel MUCH better soon, Shannon!!
Old 12-02-2017, 06:47 AM   #234  
Girl Gone Strong

Happy to see you again, KC, and also, I relate to what's brought you here.

I'm at 162.3 this morning, which I expected because of my high state of tension yesterday. I went nonstop from 4 AM to 10 PM. I did get that release witnessed, notarized, scanned & off to my attorney, and I put a hard copy in the mail. I used up the last of the turkey to make soup and managed a load of laundry, too, before bedtime.

I wish my next-door neighbors weren't hosting this year's holiday party in our shared foyer and hallway tonight. I also wish they hadn't mentioned this small matter to me three weeks after the fact, after the announcements got posted everywhere in the building. I hadn't planned to go & I did not turn in my check to the Beautification Committee. I'd like to mingle just for a short time, drink nothing but water and escape to the privacy of my own apartment as soon as possible thereafter. They better not knock on my door wanting to use the bathroom.

Last edited by saef; 12-04-2017 at 05:41 AM.
Old 12-03-2017, 04:17 AM   #235  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Kittycat! Very good to see you. I should take responsibility for myself too (or 'man up' as the DB and I say to one another). The thing is that I take responsibility for so many other things I'm not sure I've got much in reserve. Or doesn't it work like that?

Shannon, hope you're feeling a bit better now.

saef, good idea about the spreadsheet. It sometimes sounds as though your manager is in over her head and needs things like that.

to all as things crank up into December.

Last edited by silverbirch; 12-03-2017 at 04:19 AM.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 07:03 AM   #236  
Girl Gone Strong

Sunday morning at 161.2.

I didn't go to the party next door, though I did straighten up my apartment as though I expected company. Managed to get some cooking done for the week ahead.
I'm heading downtown to see "Sweeney Todd" in the Village this afternoon. I love play-going but haven't made time for it for many months. I'm trying to remedy that. I like the energy in the city in the shopping weeks before Christmas, even though the crowds in some neighborhoods are annoying.

Last edited by saef; 12-04-2017 at 05:41 AM.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:45 AM   #237  
Girl Gone Strong

Monday morning at 163.1. Despite the Stairmaster and walking around downtown. I think tomorrow will be better, as it must be, because I have an appointment with my doctor in the morning.

"Sweeney Todd" was innovatively staged: The theater became a Victorian cook-shop, with people seated at long communal tables which some performers danced down or posed on. I was kicking myself for not getting a pair of tickets for this during the holidays, as this is a production my mother would have enjoyed, too, and I always struggle to find a show that appeals to both of us when she makes her two-week Christmas visit.

This wasn't a restful Sunday. I went from grocery store to gym to the train after the very early morning hours.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:46 AM   #238  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

I have almost everything I need for the Christmas Eve do. Just the tree, a wreath, and the turkey and we're all set. I'm starting to feel a little less stressed. Particularly when my overheated little brain decided I had to BAKE a fruitcake and commons sense stepped in and said

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:50 AM   #239  

Starting a 21 day challenge today. Submitted my measurements and my weight to my "coaches". Excited to see where I am 21 days from now (not coincidentally Christmas Eve!).

Got up early again to workout. It worked pretty well last week but there were a couple of days that I was REALLY dragging in the afternoon. Going to see if that repeats and try to figure out what was different on those days.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:42 AM   #240  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Okay, I'm back from my trip to the Bahamas (which was GREAT btw) and somehow gained 6 lbs in 3 days???? This had better be water weight because I know I ate a lot but goodness gracious I didn't think that was even possible. 161 this morning, a number I have not seen literally in years.

I leave on the 20th to go to CA to visit my family for the holidays. My goal is from now until the 20th to eat totally clean. That's basically two weeks, it's not that long. I can do this for two weeks. Gym bag is packed and ready, I made our grocery list this morning for healthy, low-cal recipes, and I am stocked with tea to drink at work. Anyone want to be my buddy and do a two-week challenge with me?

Last edited by paperclippy; 12-05-2017 at 08:42 AM.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote