Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 12-05-2017, 09:17 AM   #241  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Tuesday morning at 161.8. I'm off to the doctor's appointment in another five minutes, so this is a quick check-in.

This is the year-end rush of things that must be done before Jan. 1st. We had 69 entries in the spreadsheet of submissions for my company's yearly writing contest. I run the judging for this. I looked them all over, deleting repeat entries or those that had to be disqualified because the analyst received professional assistance. Now we're down to 51. I have to distribute these to the judges by the end of the day. Also I need to run an hour-long interview for another manager in my dept. on a video.

I will be glad to be home in bed tonight. Trying so hard to get into bed by 8:30 PM for my 4 AM waking time.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:36 AM   #242  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Jessica-- I started a 3 week challenge yesterday so I'd be happy to be your 2 week buddy!

I often gain a ton in a short time on vacation, and yes, most of it is water weight. It will come off in the next few days if you eat clean and drink lots of water!

I'm off to refill my water now-- thanks for the reminder (buddy!)!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 03:27 PM   #243  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

I'm already on a two week challenge - with myself! Hubby's new workplace has a Christmas drinks and snacks thing Friday Dec. 15th and I want to show up for it reasonably svelte and not bleary.

I can do the eating and not drinking for 2 weeks fine. I'm just concerned that the weather will turn nasty and I'll be so tired I'll have to "coke" up (diet soft drinks and caffeine) to stay awake for the event.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:13 AM   #244  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Thanks Michele and Dagmar! I did well yesterday, came in right around 1200 cals, no snacking, made it to the gym, and the water is coming off since I was at 158.6 this morning, down 2lbs from yesterday. I'm going to try to do the same every day this week and no indulgences at all from now until the 20th.

. . . it occurs to me I'll have to modify that plan a little because DH's birthday is next week so there will be one indulgence, but I can counteract that by eating less the rest of the time.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:38 AM   #245  
Girl Gone Strong

Wednesday morning at 160.5.

This week I'm focusing on getting to bed by 9 PM at the latest. I would have had more sleep except for my bedside reading of "Over the Edge: Death in the Grand Canyon," which is great morbid fun, though quite serious and packed with reporting, facts & statistics.

Other modest goals: Peeling and cutting up two eggplants tonight, after I get home, when I am usually way too tired for any meal prep other than running a microwave. And getting through my orientation meeting for writing contest judges without losing my patience. And my one-on-one with my perpetually angry manager.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:26 AM   #246  

Modest goals are good to focus on!

Great job, Jessica! Keep it up! I also did well yesterday and the scale was down today. I'm very sore in my calves and not sure what I did to cause that!

Looking at Book of Mormon tickets and hoping I can talk dh into going. We rarely go to the theater due to cost and the tickets are pricey! I found tickets for the day after my birthday so I'm hoping to sell it as a birthday gift to me!
Old 12-06-2017, 01:42 PM   #247  
Workin' It

I'm working on modest goals right now, too. My exercise is pretty on track. Even with taking Friday off last week I got five days of cardio and some yoga on three days, then took off yesterday after not much sleep but still made my 10k step goal. Right now I'm working on the fallback idea - I know that this month often overwhelms me, so I need to accept the fact that I have a fallback and not call it failure. THOUGH on food I'm kind of failing right this moment. I got fast food breakfast yesterday, and a breakfast burrito at our building holiday breakfast today, and neither sat well with me calorie wise or tunny wise. I know that the food choices aren't agreeing with me for tons of reasons, but I keep making them. I'm doing alright the rest of the day, but breakfast is kicking my tail. So my small goal is to not eat fast food tomorrow for breakfast. After tomorrow, I'll reset to Friday. And and and.

Michele - birthday sounds like a perfect reason for Book of Mormon. We've seen it, it is fantastic.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:04 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

I think one of the reasons I've resisted buying a mixer is to keep my weight at a reasonable level. I look at all these beautiful baking recipes and the second or third line usually mentions doing something with a mixer.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:15 PM   #249  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Interesting thought, Dagmar. And good going.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:29 PM   #250  

Shannon-- what will you have tomorrow for breakfast? Make your plan now so maybe it helps you stick to it! Good luck!
Old 12-07-2017, 08:32 AM   #251  
slow and steady

For accountability purposes I'm going to start posting my daily results here.

Dec 5, morning weight 161.4, 1193 calories, 25 mins bodyweight workout (sworkit)
Dec 6, morning weight 158.6, 1150 calories, 25 mins walking on the treadmill
Dec 7, morning weight 157.4

The detox seems to be clearing out the extra water weight at least. If only that rate of loss would continue indefinitely .
Old 12-07-2017, 10:11 AM   #252  
Girl Gone Strong

Thursday morning at 160 exactly.

Yes, I did peel & cut up that eggplant last night. How I hate peeling things far more than slicing them. Now tonight I'm going to cut up zucchini, peppers and onions and roast a tray of vegetables this evening before I go to bed.

Our company is cutting back on expenses in the wake of its costly acquisition, so instead of a Christmas party catered at a hotel, we are having a Holiday Fair down in the cafeteria. Whatever that is. I just want a decent lunch. If I have that, I won't eat anything. If I'm hungry, it's going to be difficult.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:28 AM   #253  

Hooray, Jessica-- I knew much of that was water weight!

Saef-- I've been meal prepping the night before which is definitely helping my mornings. Last night I made three days worth of lunches so I just have to grab and go. Dh questioned why I was making 3 when I only have 2 workdays left and I told him that now I'm set for Saturday too. Makes me less likely to eat off plan for sure!

Still getting up at 4:45 to workout. One of the unexpected bonuses I've found is by the time I get home from work, I've almost "forgotten" my morning workout and have been doing a second one. Doubt I'll keep that up but it's helping with the weight for sure. Last night I did an MMA workout (boxing, kickboxing, etc.)-- certainly got my HR up but I'm sure I looked less than graceful doing it! I'm doing Beachbody on Demand videos and there are so many to choose from-- I chose the "Workout du Jour" which was the MMA one.

Dh leaves tomorrow night for a relatively short trip to Singapore. Last trip of the year for him hopefully.

And I did score Book of Mormon tix! They were practically sold out already (and they've been here before). I got them for the day after my birthday and told dh he better be here. He just can't plan that far ahead so I bought the ticket insurance just in case.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:40 PM   #254  
slow and steady

Super hungry this afternoon. I got interrupted right when I was about to start eating lunch, so by the time I got to eat, my lunch had cooled off, and it wasn't very big to begin with. I'm going to get myself some tea and see if that will settle my stomach enough to make it through the afternoon with no snacks.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:56 PM   #255  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone. I've been reading the thread pretty regularly but feeling too demoralized to post.
Weight is 134. Ugh, hate to even write it down. Well deserved, as I've been snacking, eating desserts and frequently eating after dinner for months now. I'm deeply in the "life is hard, I deserve this" mindset even though work has gotten much better since its low point on October 26th. I really need to shake off my self-pity.

Jessica, those are some seriously low calories you're posting. Can you take a bunch of prepped raw veggies with you to snack on when you need something in the afternoon? It would only add 30-40 cals. to your day, and would probably work better than tea.
Michele, I loved the Book of Mormon. But I hope you aren't easily offended; it's pretty raunchy.
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote