Maintainers Weekly Chat: May 1 - May 7

• I've spent a week staying away from off plan snacks - particularly peanuts. It's been great. Sitting on the patio for dinner in the warmth helps - a glorious moment in life.

I have a challenge tonight when I'll face an evening in front of snacks. My plan is to nibble carrots when nibbling them seems better than nibbling nuts or dried fruits. I'm so old that I remember meetings being held without food on the table.
  • Quote: I've spent a week staying away from off plan snacks - particularly peanuts. It's been great. Sitting on the patio for dinner in the warmth helps - a glorious moment in life.

I have a challenge tonight when I'll face an evening in front of snacks. My plan is to nibble carrots when nibbling them seems better than nibbling nuts or dried fruits. I'm so old that I remember meetings being held without food on the table.
    Glad you are able to dine outside Bill and that you have a plan for avoiding the snacks. Always good to go into a situation with a plan, rather than reacting when already there.

My week is going to be spent trying to get all the ^&*% onions out of my garden beds. They are sprouting everywhere they aren't supposed to be and crowding the other plants.

Good week all!

Dagmar it's MAY!
  • I'm all packed for my trip, but of course I woke at 1 AM and couldn't get back to sleep and I started going over all the things I had packed and all the things I need to do today before we leave and I suddenly realize I had forgotten to pack my contact! And sunscreen (which isn't as critical as that can be purchased anywhere). I'm certainly glad I remembered!

I'll see you all in a few weeks.
  • Quote: I'm all packed for my trip, but of course I woke at 1 AM and couldn't get back to sleep and I started going over all the things I had packed and all the things I need to do today before we leave and I suddenly realize I had forgotten to pack my contact! And sunscreen (which isn't as critical as that can be purchased anywhere). I'm certainly glad I remembered!

I'll see you all in a few weeks.
    Have fun Allison!

Dagmar
  • Have fun Allison! Can't wait to hear about your adventures!

My weekend was fairly low-key with dh as he is always jet lagged somewhat after traveling. I was active though-- walking/jogging the dogs, going to yoga, going on walks with dh.... weight is up though from 2 small off plan treats-- dh is suggesting I see a nutritionist as he doesn't think I should be gaining every time I eat one thing off plan. I agree but am too busy with end of school to worry about it at the moment. So, I'll try to stay focused and see where I am in a month when things hopefully start winding down.

This week is staff appreciation week which is a hard week to stay focused. The PTA is currently setting up a huge spread of breakfast treats, and they have treats planned all week. I'll do my best to avoid as much as I can. Pretty sure lunch on Friday is unavoidable-- I've signed up for a "chicken sandwich", whatever that means.

We went to my friends' hubby's memorial yesterday. I did give her a card and no gift. She is one of those people who has such a good heart, but has made some poor choices in her life and finds herself really alone. She's had 2 hubby's die and one divorce (she is just 53) and has no real family to speak of. She has substance abuse issues and was very proud to introduce us to her sponsor yesterday so I hope she is able to stay sober and get her life back on track. I also felt sorry for his parents. I knew her hubby was a twin, but didn't realize his identical twin brother died 9 years ago-- so parents have lost their only two children-- one at 52 and one at 43-- I can't imagine outliving both of my children.