Maintainers Weekly Chat: March 6 - March 12

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Thanks Silverbirch. I'll stick with the weekly chat thread in that case.

Very happy this morning as I've cracked the 55 kg barrier and am now 54.9 (121 lbs). Gosh I may very well be able to revert to the 2016 weight range goal.
    Sorry if the kg/lb conversion isn't always there . I have a handy guide and convert when possible.

As of 3 years ago we were parents to a cheeky Siamese and a beautiful German Shepherd. Both passed away within 3 months of each other and both were 11 years old. Kaiser, the GSD became lame and Louis developed a cancer. He was my husband's blue-eyed boy. Their passings devasted us so much that we could not even contemplate replacing them. Perhaps in a few years when our long cruising holidays are over, we will adopt a new family. As a childless couple (65 and 74 yrs), you can imagine how we dote on furbabies.

We have 2 month-long cruise in 2017 (August) and we're off to the NE of USA in October 2018 (Washington, New York, Toronto, New England).

Catch you all next week...
  • I'm feeling quite overwhelmed today.

I now have to go back and dogsit for another 7 days starting today. Plus I have extra work during March break. And DH is going to be doing massive overtime for the next 4 weeks so i have to figure out how to look after our pets while I'm away at the dogsit.

And, just to make it extra-special, winter is back and there will be snow for the next 2 days.

I have to get through the next 8 days one day, or sometimes one hour, at a time.

Dagmar
  • Ouch, that's tough, but thanks for making me feel better about my situation, Dagmar. Outside it's 10 degrees F - with wind chill down to -8F! I've got four things scheduled today and another four tomorrow. And I have to fit in shoveling the 'Blizzard Condition' snow being predicted because DW's arm is out of whack.

It feels like nature demands to balance for last week's spring temperatures.
  • Quote: Ouch, that's tough, but thanks for making me feel better about my situation, Dagmar. Outside it's 10 degrees F - with wind chill down to -8F! I've got four things scheduled today and another four tomorrow. And I have to fit in shoveling the 'Blizzard Condition' snow being predicted because DW's arm is out of whack.

It feels like nature demands to balance for last week's spring temperatures.
    I really got lured into thinking winter was over this year Bill. Reality came back today. Preparing to don the snow boots and putting the shovel back in my car. Let's hope this is the last time we hear those dreaded words "snow" and "blizzard" this season.

Dagmar
  • And we're experiencing temperatures 20 degrees warmer than usual. It is supposed to be as high as 95 today. We're sleeping with the windows open and we've got the evaporative coolers on. Usually we don't need to turn them on until April or May.

It is the BNP Paribas Open here and it has drastically increased crowds and traffic. After that, we'll have the same for Coachella and Stagecoach concerts. Then we get our valley back.
  • Heading to Tucson today, and honestly unsure whether it's good to miss this blizzard in the forecast or not.

We'll get to the hotel late tonight. I want a safe arrival, with all the luggage getting there, too.