Losing to Maintain Again

You're on Page 6 of 34
Go to
  • Thank God. 48 more hours and it will all be over.
    And I DON'T mean my weight battles.
  • Monday, and I'm at 152.7, when I was 152.4 this past Monday, on Halloween.

My mood improved gradually yesterday. I saw a fantastic one-woman show, "Sell/Buy/Date," in which the actress portrays eight different people of different ages, genders and races. How could I forget this, that seeing a talented creative person nearly always helps me when I am feeling dark & nihilistic?

I went to bed early, too, and I believe that for once, I got eight hours of sleep, or as close to it as I get.
  • It was so weird going to work this morning with light out. I felt very late. I walked the dogs and it wasn't pitch black out. Heaven.

And I have Friday off. I can't wait. Though I do have an endocrinologist's appointment. The first thing they do is weigh me. Sigh.
  • I'm at 154.7 this morning and feeling discouraged, having woken up late and tired, and heading to the gym late, too.

I will get through this day, too, somehow.
  • Slept unbelievably poorly and I think it's due to concern about today's outcomes.

I have a new librarian coming to shadow me today (she is new and the school is also new that she is starting at). I hope my brain functions enough to share something wise....

Dh plans to come home early to start watching the results. I plan to go to yoga and hopefully achieve some zen.
  • Soon it will be over. And hopefully in a good way. Meanwhile, today I will keep doing biomedical research and submitting scientific manuscripts and writing lectures and diagnosing illnesses, because that's what us women do. Us nasty women.

Dial tone ... just ... dial tone ... I'm not at home, mentally, and I can't believe how I've been crying on and off. I mean, CRYING?
  • Saef, I did too. And I am not emotionally fragile in general. It's ok to grieve over this, I think.
  • While I'm not physically crying, I am stunned beyond belief.
  • hmm
    Hi, just seeing how this works.
  • I'm going to go try and get 20 mins of yoga in right now, and try not to drink too much coffee today. I need to drink more water or green tea.
  • Hi Raven, welcome to the maintainers' forum of folks trying to lose five pounds ... or 10 pounds ... or 20 pounds.
    We aren't usually like this.

Little goals like changing up how much you drink and of what make sense to me.
  • I haven't been on this site in a while and I cannot figure out how to subscribe to each topic and delete my old ones.
  • Raven

If you post in a thread then you're automatically subscribed to it.
    If you want to subscribe to another thread, then go to 'thread tools' at the (almost) top right of the page.
    To delete old ones, go to 'User CP' and a menu will drop down on the left. Subscriptions at the bottom. Tick the boxes next to each and at the bottom of the page there's another drop-down where you can select 'delete'.

If that's not very clear, please ask and someone will help out!

Good to see you here.
  • Thanks silverbirch.