Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 01-26-2016, 08:34 PM   #1  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Default Maintainers Losing a Little Bit More and a Little Bit More

This is a new thread about losing those last few pounds ... over & over again.

I discovered over the past six months that for me, it's more like about a three-pound range, rather than five pounds.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 08:54 PM   #2  
Walking

S/C/G: 104/ticker/81

Height: 180

For me its a three kg range. I got to an ideal weight and now up and down for the past year or so.
noshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 09:29 PM   #3  

Right now I am at the top of my 5 pound range but I am ok with.

Saef- very impressive in the deadlift. My goal is DL my body weight which would be about 145.
mollyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 09:56 PM   #4  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

Adding my 2c just so I get the daily digest in my email.
Not much to report here. It took me less than 3 weeks to gain 4 pounds over the Christmas season, and it is now close to a month to lose 2 of them again. Maybe.

I'm taking a a 6 session "aerial" class which uses a long swath of slightly stretchy knit fabric hanging from the ceiling as a way to do some cool in-the-air poses and turns. It's sort of a cross between stationary trapeze and pole dancing :>) I'm having fun but wish it would go a bit faster- the instructor is making sure that no one gets left behind, which means we move at the pace of the slowest learner. I want DH to come take photos at the last session.
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 10:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm jumping in today since this is a new thread. I hope that's OK. I've been maintaining within a 5 pound range of my goal for a few years now. Like Neurodoc, I gained a few pounds effortlessly over the holidays which has triggered me back into correction mode. I've been working at it for a few weeks now, making minimal progress. I'm doing pretty well with food, but for some reason have been resisting exercise. I know that's what I need to do but I'm fighting myself.

Tonight I decided to watch Fit to Fat to Fit for the first time. What a crazy premise!
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 05:38 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

AndreaRe aerial class - cool!

My range is 3 lbs. I think. I'm only weighing once a month in winter. Winter is the hardest season for me to get through physically and emotionally so the stress of watching the scale had to go.

I maintain my weight (mostly) by eating the same things in the same portions every day, except for dinner. This works for me. :

Since I walk all day and get pulled around by the dogs exercise is not optional.

I have a really hectic 3 weeks starting this weekend so I'll mostly be lurking during that time.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 10:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Andrea-- that does sound really cool and I bet it's a great core workout!!

Fit to fat to fit? Never heard of it? Was it good?

For the first time in many years in January, I'm not trying to take off a bunch of weight gained over the holidays. I credit that to starting (or back to) calorie counting in November and sticking with it.

I'm planning a trip in April that will likely involve many indulgent meals and limited exercise opportunities, so I'm keeping my eye on that and trying to keep my weight low enough that I can gain a few pounds without going way over my redline.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 11:44 AM   #8  
Girl Gone Strong

It's Wednesday, and I'm tired. I felt discouraged despite the weather relenting. Last night, temperatures didn't drop low enough to freeze, so I walked to the gym at 5:30 AM on bare pavement with the sound of running water as the snow pack continued melting.

Weigh in: 141.3, down a little bit more.

Meals for Today:

Breakfast: Apricot steelcut oats; egg bake with artichokes, ham and turnip greens; part-skin ricotta and a navel orange
Snack: Large Cortland apple
Lunch: Arugula with roasted eggplant, sundried tomatoes, cold steamed green beans and aspragus
Snack: Navel orange
Dinner: Turkey kielbasa with mustard greens, chickpeas and sweet potato
Dessert: Double chocolate chunk Quest bar and three dried apple rings

Exercise for Today:

Workout 5B of the Strong Curves Advanced Program.

Last edited by saef; 01-27-2016 at 07:34 PM.
Old 01-27-2016, 04:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

I have actually dropped a few pounds since my surgery 12 days ago to a new low of 123. That is preferable to gaining, but I don't want to get any lower until I can work out again.

My new obsession is measuring my arms twice a day at 10 different places to have a baseline to compare against when I start upper body resistance training again. I'm still nervous about lymphedema. If I don't develop it in the next 12 months I'll stop obsessing.

I did some simple ab exercises today and some glute/quad exercises yesterday.
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 10:51 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Traveling Michele- I'm not sure what to say about the show. The premise is ridiculous. In each show a trainer gains a bunch of weight (60 pounds in the episode I watched) to be able to do the weight loss journey with their clients. Then they chronicle how they lose the weight together. Nobody would really do this.
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 11:18 AM   #11  
Girl Gone Strong

This Thursday will be difficult to get through. I am so tired that it's like the song: I can't feel my face. I woke up at 1:30 AM, fully awake, and couldn't stop thinking of stuff that I need to do for work. So I was at my desk at 2 AM, and I tried to lie down after I'd taken care of it, but I couldn't sleep. Also I became ravenously hungry.

Weigh in: 143.6, quite a rebound.

Meals for Today:

Breakfast: Apricot steelcut oats, lots, as I woke feeling like a bottomless pit; egg bake with pimento, ham and baby kale; part-skin ricotta and blueberries with cinnamon
Lunch: Arugula with cold steamed green beans, tuna, sunflower seeds, roasted butternut squash and I forget what else -- I'm that tired
Dinner: Turkey kielbasa with mustard greens, chickpeas and sweet potato
Dessert: Berry bliss Quest bar

Exercise for Today:

30 minutes on elliptical, resistance up to nine.

Last edited by saef; 01-29-2016 at 08:31 AM.
Old 01-29-2016, 08:54 AM   #12  
Girl Gone Strong

I feel like I am crawling toward my bed-time on Friday and trying to remember what joy feels like. Six meetings today, which is better than last Friday, when I had 10 meetings.

Weigh-in: 142.6, which is going in the right direction.

Meals for Today:

Breakfast: Apple steelcut oats; egg bake with pimento, ham and baby kale; part-skin ricotta and blueberries with cinnamon
Lunch: Mixed greens with herbs, roasted vegetables, walnuts, Craisins and diced ham
Dinner: Mustard greens, chickpeas and sweet potato with an awful lot of toasted pecans on top
Dessert: Chocolate brownie Quest bar

Exercise for Today:

20 minutes on the arc trainer, then a Leg Day. And I am just about out of gym clothes, with a huge bag of laundry to do.

Last edited by saef; 01-29-2016 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-29-2016, 03:12 PM   #13  

Earthquake woke me last night and I had trouble getting back to sleep, so I'm dragging somewhat. I got a ton of steps yesterday too (almost 19,000) so I'm just a little worn out.

Don't you hate when you're between sizes? I'm wearing my jeans today and they are pretty baggy. I tried on the size lower and I couldn't breathe. I'd rather be comfy with baggy jeans than uncomfortable and unable to breathe though!
Old 01-29-2016, 10:22 PM   #14  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

Michele, may I ask what food plan you've been following? I am still carb-cycling, though it doesn't seem to have the same effect that it once had, probably because I'm not doing the plan's other components (like eating 5x a day, avoiding all added sugars, limiting portions carefully, drinking a quart of water, etc). Yes, being between sizes is annoying and, for me, always brings with it the old panic about outgrowing my wardrobe and having everything look terrible on me.
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 11:01 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurodoc View Post
Michele, may I ask what food plan you've been following? I am still carb-cycling, though it doesn't seem to have the same effect that it once had, probably because I'm not doing the plan's other components (like eating 5x a day, avoiding all added sugars, limiting portions carefully, drinking a quart of water, etc). Yes, being between sizes is annoying and, for me, always brings with it the old panic about outgrowing my wardrobe and having everything look terrible on me.
Andrea... I stopped carb cycling in November and went back to calorie counting. I'm eating the evol frozen meals for many of my meals....usually breakfast and lunch and often a snack. I'm still doing 5 small meals daily. A breakfast burrito for breakfast, a quest bar for a snack, evol meal for lunch, usually an evol snack, then a healthy dinner where I watch my portions. I'm averaging 1300-1400 calories daily and my weight is continuing to slowly drop so I know I'm eating at a calorie deficit. I work out most days for an hour or so...