Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 01-28-2016, 10:23 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

I had two water squirters for my dogs but they seem to have disappeared. I think the housecleaners think they are theirs and take them. After walks, my two dogs like to race around the house chasing each other and barking. The squirter works well for that... if I can find one.

Not sure how work will go today. I have parent volunteers off and on that help out-- most come for 30 minutes and leave. Some are helpful-- many are not. I had a new parent contact me that wants to help for 8 hours every Thursday-- starting today! She had a heavy accent so I had trouble figuring out over the phone if she has any experience. I'm hoping she is trainable and I can find enough for her to do for 8 hours! I have a super busy day with classes so I've got her coming at 7:45 for a brief overview before my classes start at 8.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 10:29 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

We use water squirters when we take the cats outdoors. Louie likes to chew on inappropriate plants (daylilies, which are toxic), so he gets sprayed. Sometimes we spray Ringo to get him to come out from under bushes to take him inside. But lately, we don't take them out. Culley makes a beeline for the west wall in an attempt to escape and we don't want that. And Waffles has no desire to go outside.

Inside, we rarely use the water. I buy Ssscat compressed air canisters and put them in the housing that is triggered by movement. I place the canisters in places I don't want the cats. If you had one, Dagmar, you could put it in a doorway to your room so that if the kitty comes near the doorway, it gets triggered and the air blast scares her away (and you don't have to wake up to do it). The cats know what the thing looks like and rarely do we need to turn it on any more. We just place it and the cats don't dare come near.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote