Height: 5'5

June 19: 18:00 on treadmill, 2.26 miles
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:45 PM   #47  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Thursday, June 19th:

60 minutes elliptical, the usual time and resistance level but at lower mileage -- my body does not care for the humidity levels.
60 minutes Pilates mat class, a good one.

Last edited by saef; 06-20-2014 at 09:10 AM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:36 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post
June 17:
100 minutes bikram yoga

Totals:
17 workouts
1650 minutes
June 18: 100 minutes bikram yoga

June 19: 100 minutes bikram yoga

Totals:
19 workouts
1850 minutes
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:36 AM   #49  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

June 20:
-10 min warmup on arc trainer
-Barbell squats, DB shoulder presses, lat pull downs, glute bridges, KB deadlifts, planks, leg raises, calf raises
Old 06-20-2014, 10:55 PM   #50  

Quote:
June 18: 100 minutes bikram yoga

June 19: 100 minutes bikram yoga

Totals:
19 workouts
1850 minutes
June 20: approx 60 minutes walking in airport and later with dd!

Totals:
20 workouts
1910 minutes
Old 06-21-2014, 06:38 AM   #51  
Girl Gone Strong

Friday, June 20th:

Finished Stage 2 of NROLW, and how out-of-place I feel doing deadlifts from a box while others in the mirrored exercise studio are lying on mats doing abs (which comes at the end of this particular workout) or lifting 5-lb dumbbells. But I would look like a wimp if I went to the power lifters, police and firefighters' gym just a couple miles away, so it's the usual fish in the pond thing.
This ended with treadmill intervals. This past winter, if you'd told me that I'd run 7.1 for one entire minute, I would not have believed you.
Old 06-21-2014, 11:48 AM   #52  
Girl Gone Strong

Saturday, June 21st:

The usual gym classes:
60 minute spin class, with legs unusually tired from yesterday's workout
60 minute Pilates mat class, same thing, though my form is better, as I can feel how movements in this class and weight-bearing moves relate to each other.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:21 PM   #53  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
Friday, June 20th:

Finished Stage 2 of NROLW, and how out-of-place I feel doing deadlifts from a box while others in the mirrored exercise studio are lying on mats doing abs (which comes at the end of this particular workout) or lifting 5-lb dumbbells. But I would look like a wimp if I went to the power lifters, police and firefighters' gym just a couple miles away, so it's the usual fish in the pond thing.
This ended with treadmill intervals. This past winter, if you'd told me that I'd run 7.1 for one entire minute, I would not have believed you.
Wow! 7.1 for a minute!!!
I would have had no idea what that even meant until the last two days. I'm at a hotel in St Pete with DH for a convention. So I can't do my usual Sansone walking DVDs. I went to the fitness center and have been doing the treadmill. I was so proud that I jogged for 30 minutes at 4mph. Well... I did 10 minutes, then walked 5 and repeated. For me, that was huge. I had no idea I could jog for 10 minutes because I only do it for 2 with the DVDs. But 7.1... I think I'd have a panic attack if it went that fast and go flying off the end!

I'll be leaving Thursday for a month to go visit DD in Monterey so while she is at work I'll be doing some form of different exercise. I don't think I can do the DVDs because the condo she is subleasing is on 2nd floor and owner says no shoes in the condo. DD says I'd be crazy to exercise inside anyway because it is so beautiful. So... I may take up jogging. I can't believe I am even suggesting this. I have never exercised consistently until the past 11 months with the walking DVDs. I know they are lame for those of you in shape, but for me it really helped!

Also started some lifting - but very light. Thinking of the NROWL but don't have the eqpt or belong to a gym at the moment. I'm reading Year Younger Next Year for Women and it is convincing me I need to do some weight lifting.
CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:15 PM   #54  

CalCounter....the weather will be so beautiful there. I'm not a runner at all, but if I were you, I'd plan on a combo of walking and running there. Can't wait to hear all about your time there!
Old 06-21-2014, 10:18 PM   #55  

Quote:
June 20: approx 60 minutes walking in airport and later with dd!

Totals:
20 workouts
1910 minutes
June 21: went to a new to me bikram yoga studio here. Unbelievably hot! I sweat soooooooo much!
100 minutes bikram yoga

Totals:
21 workouts
2010 minutes
Old 06-22-2014, 10:27 AM   #56  
Girl Gone Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalCounter1003 View Post
Wow! 7.1 for a minute!!!
I would have had no idea what that even meant until the last two days. I'm at a hotel in St Pete with DH for a convention. So I can't do my usual Sansone walking DVDs. I went to the fitness center and have been doing the treadmill. I was so proud that I jogged for 30 minutes at 4mph. Well... I did 10 minutes, then walked 5 and repeated. For me, that was huge. I had no idea I could jog for 10 minutes because I only do it for 2 with the DVDs. But 7.1... I think I'd have a panic attack if it went that fast and go flying off the end!
suggesting this. I have never exercised consistently until the past 11 months with the walking DVDs. I know they are lame for those of you in shape, but for me it really helped!
Oh, I am not a runner, really, though I am able to run, if I ask myself to do it. Krampus really runs; she kills it. And Jen (CherryPie) who used to post on this section is a serious runner indeed.

I still don't like or trust the treadmill, because it's so unnaturally steady & unvarying and so antithetical to actual human movement through space. So I know exactly what you mean.

But I've become conditioned to doing it. Part of this is physical, from taking spin classes for several years now in which we're always asked to do crazy sprinting intervals. So I know the feeling of kicking into second gear on command and really pushing it.

But a good part of it is mental. Curiosity about what I can do if I really **have to.** Reassurance that it's only a minute, I can probably hang on that long, right? The promise of a two-minute interval afterward walking at 3.0, in which to catch my breath and rest.

This is pretty much the concept behind the Couch-to-5K training, which breaks running into progressively longer intervals -- except I'm only doing one minute of running, what I'm escalating isn't the time, it's the effort in the running.

Why don't you try Couch to 5K? It will give you a kind of program to follow at your daughter's place. There is a lot of support here on this site for it.

Last edited by saef; 06-22-2014 at 10:29 AM.
Old 06-22-2014, 10:32 AM   #57  
Girl Gone Strong

Sunday, June 22nd:

NROLW Stage 3A, for the first time. This is the first time I've finished one of these workouts and felt that doing cardio afterward was beside the point and unnecessary. When I was done, I was really done, even though I didn't do the bodyweight matrix exercises at the end fast at all, or time myself. My legs are just finished for the day, good only for walking and any standing I've got to do.
Old 06-22-2014, 05:16 PM   #58  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post

Why don't you try Couch to 5K? It will give you a kind of program to follow at your daughter's place. There is a lot of support here on this site for it.
I was thinking of doing just that! I downloaded it to my iPhone and read the way it works and I feel like I could skip to a later week to start. I think I am going to have to invest in real running shoes though because my feet were hurting at the end of my workout the last couple days. There is a running store in town that evaluates you and fits you for running shoes, and I know I could see what they say and buy them cheaper elsewhere but I couldn't do that to a small shoe store. As much as I love Zappos and Amazon I also feel I must support the small business owner.
CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:00 AM   #59  
Girl Gone Strong

Monday, June 23rd:

45 minute spin class, with slightly sore left knee from the impact of yesterday's workout. A tiny class, just three of us, as the weather has been so delightful, everyone's walking or running or cycling out of doors instead.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:13 PM   #60  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

June 21, 22: rest except walking to/from campsite and river
June 23: 5K in 25:11