3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Maintainers on a Losing Streak in the Summertime (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/296339-maintainers-losing-streak-summertime.html)

silverbirch 05-30-2014 09:29 AM

Maintainers on a Losing Streak in the Summertime

And we're off!

paperclippy 05-30-2014 09:58 AM

Did an official weigh-in this morning 170.4. Need to make myself a new ticker!

ICUwishing 05-30-2014 10:10 AM

Been at 156.0 give or take a couple for wayyyy too long; I WILL take this down a few notches before the end of this thread!

BillBlueEyes 05-30-2014 10:19 AM

My NSV for the Spring gallop is to fit well in a blazer that looked tight last winter. Yay for the benefit of a few pounds.

alinnell 05-30-2014 10:19 AM

I keep inching up rather than down. Some serious actions must be taken. Also, I need to remember that this isn't just for vanity but it will also help lower my blood pressure.

saef 05-30-2014 10:57 AM

I am right back where I was four weeks ago, at the end of April. The ticker is just about true.

But I am now able to lift the heaviest weights that I've ever handled at the gym. So there's that.

And I'm in a better place emotionally, with a slightly better-balanced life, though this was not achieved effortlessly.

alinnell 05-30-2014 11:06 AM

Ok, so I read that the average adult should get 4700 mg of potassium per day. I went over the last 90 days of MyFitnessPal food entries. I think I came in under 1000 mg EVERY DAY! I've researched the best food sources for potassium and will be having potassium-rich foods on my grocery list tomorrow. Thankfully most are diet friendly. And many are also high in calcium which my doctor recommends.

silverbirch 05-30-2014 11:28 AM

Tell us what's on your list, Allison. Bananas? Can't think of anything else.

(from a bench. Still walking about as part of the tour of duty. We leave tomorrow but there's a certain amount of timber to be moved before that.)

traveling michele 05-30-2014 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alinnell (Post 5013575)
Ok, so I read that the average adult should get 4700 mg of potassium per day. I went over the last 90 days of MyFitnessPal food entries. I think I came in under 1000 mg EVERY DAY! I've researched the best food sources for potassium and will be having potassium-rich foods on my grocery list tomorrow. Thankfully most are diet friendly. And many are also high in calcium which my doctor recommends.

I drink one ZippFizz per day. It's chock full of vitamins including potassium (950 mg)

My weight is ok but I need (would like to anyway) take off a few more as a buffer before all my summer traveling kicks in. I will be in Houston for a week with dd and will try to mostly eat healthy but we are planning a few splurge meals. Then, I'll be in Napa (just overnight but we cram a lot of eating in), quickly followed by two weeks in London (planning some high teas and the like!)....

alinnell 05-30-2014 01:31 PM

I have formulated my plan!

I'll follow the DASH diet (very similar to what I do now anyway). I will stop buying frozen entrees for my weekday lunches (to reduce sodium). I will take leftovers from my healthy DASH dinners for lunch instead. I will cut my alcohol intake. I will go decaf (slowly so I don't get a headache). And I'll see if I like green tea (never tried it, have always liked black tea).

traveling michele 05-30-2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alinnell (Post 5013719)
I have formulated my plan!

I'll follow the DASH diet (very similar to what I do now anyway). I will stop buying frozen entrees for my weekday lunches (to reduce sodium). I will take leftovers from my healthy DASH dinners for lunch instead. I will cut my alcohol intake. I will go decaf (slowly so I don't get a headache). And I'll see if I like green tea (never tried it, have always liked black tea).

I'm a total green tea convert. Love it.... it does have caffeine, though a low amount so it might be good while you're detoxing the caffeine...
What does DASH stand for?

alinnell 05-30-2014 02:28 PM

DASH = Dietary Approach to Stop Hypertension.

JayEll 05-30-2014 03:24 PM

alinnell, you might consider Also Salt, which is a salt substitute made with potassium and lysine. See this page:

http://www.alsosalt.com/

A 1/4 teaspoon serving has 356 mg potassium, which isn't a dangerous amount, even if you had several servings in a day. And it does taste as good as salt in most foods.

Mudpie 05-30-2014 05:05 PM

I'm at 139.6 lbs. currently - notice how I didn't round UP :lol3: to 140. Going to be down under 135 by the end of June. No alcohol and waaay less caffeine and sugar in my next 4 week's food.

Dagmar :cheer2: :cheer:

silverbirch 05-30-2014 05:14 PM

I'm wondering about focusing on making my tummy / waist smaller through my diet and exercise. ETA: not spot reducing, obviously, but just measuring this.

Or should I go for the tried and trusted 'lose 5lbs'?

Or keep working on behaviour modification (a la Beck Diet Solution)?

I'll sleep on it.