Maintainers Weekly Chat May 26 - June 1

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Thanks, Becky! I've been looking at diatomaceous earth today. I'm also going to lay a beer trap and see if I get any slugs, to discount those as a possibility to decide which way to go. I'm also going to put foil around my plant stems tonight.

Jessica - sadness.
  • Jessica, so sorry.

As most of you folks know, I was bitten a couple of months ago by a dog who had "never bitten anyone before!" and I was in the hospital for 4 days. (The bite wasn't even "that bad"--just puncture wounds--but an infection developed that was very serious.) All I can say is, you're better off dealing with this sooner rather than later, after he actually hurts someone.
  • Jessica Sorry but not surprised to hear about Carter. Please read my PM to you ASAP.

Dagmar
  • Jessica,
    So sorry. I know that is very upsetting especially being the dog maniac I am. I don't really have any advice to offer. But I'm good at lifting people up in prayers! When I plank I have my massive prayer list in my head and I'll add you to it! Actually I always say a prayer for my 3fc friends!
  • Sending s to you in this difficult situation Jessica.
  • Hello everyone

I have decided to go to maintenance. I have been stuck at 133 for a couple of months so I am starting to think that this is the weight I am supposed to be at I will keep trying to get to 130 but if I don't, I'm not worried about it

I've been hanging out in Calorie Counters since January but I have been lurking here in Maintenance. I see a few old friends here, Dagmar, Allison, Jayell & Papperclippy. Good to see you all

Papperclippy - I used to live in Carmel just 3 years ago. I lived there for 10 years. Now I am in Florida where my son, daughter, her husband and my 4 year old granddaughter live. Carmel is a great place to live and I liked living there but love living in Florida! (edit) Sorry to hear about your dog.

Anyway, I guess I'll be checking in here now if no one minds
  • Sending supportive thoughts, Jessica, for all of you in a difficult situation.
  • Jessica
  • abbyin. Glad you're here!

Dagmar
  • abbyin - welcome aboard!

Jessica, I'm so very sorry to hear about the conflict in the household with Carter. I've been thinking about it ever since you posted. An awful choice, and hardly a choice at all.
  • Welcome to the Maintainers, Abbyin!!!

Jessica~hugs. It's hard but the emphasis needs to be on your children's safety above all else.
  • Quote: Welcome to the Maintainers, Abbyin!!!

Jessica~hugs. It's hard but the emphasis needs to be on your children's safety above all else.
    Ditto to both....
  • Bad cat!
    SIGH. I have a great deal of experience training and modifying dog behaviour but I am at a loss with my cranky old tiny cat. I can't figure out whether what she did yesterday is a show of contempt, loss of bowel control, senility, or a combo of all of these things.

TMI for some folks follows. We take a nap together every afternoon and then I feed her dinner. Yesterday afternoon she was bugging me and bugging me for dinner while I tried to nap. I got up and went to the bathroom. Came back to find a surprise on my pillow. EEEWW! Good thing my nose was working and I saw it before lying down and putting my head/hair on it.

That's twice she's left a turd in the bed. I hate to lock her out of the bedroom now that her buddy is dead. She really doesn't come downstairs much with us (that was his "territory") so we generally hang in my office or in the bedroom.

Lots of laundry if she keeps this up. ARRRGH! And part of me is because maybe I'm being bullied by someone who weighs 9 lbs.

Dagmar
  • Dagmar,
    Hahahaha I was not laughing at the surprise on your pillow but your line that you are being bullied by something weighing 9 pounds.
    We have a little 12 lb mixed dog, schitzu/?, and he definitely thinks he is in charge and I always have to be on my toes to rein him in.
  • Yuck Dagmar! My dd's cat has done that twice in the past few months. She thought he might have been spooked and afraid to go to the letterbox but who knows? My cats haven't done that except when constipated and having something stuck....