Maintainers Weekly Chat May 12 - May 18

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Quote:
    Michele, nothing more stressful than a call like that from DD or DS. It is so common these days. Even HS kids are experiencing panic/anxiety attacks, too much pressure in this world. Hope you get some sleep tonight! I had a stressful night last week DD related and I work up at 2 and couldn't fall back asleep. I debated about laying in bed till 5:30, but just decided to get up at my normal 4:30 to exercise and felt so much better. But that night...went to bed really early!
    Happy belated birthday Taryl! Boy you are young!! I thought I was young to have two children by age 27 (almost 28) and you will have five. Wow!

Sleep last night UGH... Kids were okay this time. Was getting ready for bed and realized we may have an AC issue (of course-- it's a heat wave here with temps over 100). The AC is just clicking on and clicking off every few seconds. I troubleshooted with dh and got to bed late. Couldn't figure out the issue so I have a call into the AC guy. I will be if I miss yoga for the AC guy. It is my fave teacher and the last time she was on the schedule she had to switch so I was disappointed. I was counting on going tonight.
  • I feel old, but physically I'm not. However I was in college by 16 and married just before my 20th birthday, so I'm not exactly like the live-with-mommy-and-daddy-perpetual-student types

Back on plan today and glad for it, despite the leftover cake in the freezer. I'm willing myself to not eat it!
  • Happy late birthday, Taryl!

Mine is tomorrow. I'm pretty sure that with the work days I have going on the rest of the week that there will not be cake.
  • Happy birthday Shannon and Taryl! Mine is coming up on Saturday.
  • Lots of birthdays! Happy early birthday Becky and Shannon!
  • Congrats to Megan the new land owner. Is it legal to pitch your tent and spend the night?

And Happy Birthday to Becky, Taryl, and Shannon. With many more to follow.

First World Problem: My newspaper wasn't delivered this morning. Of course I've already learned the important news from the Web before it arrives. But the hard copy contains the dirt on the local politicians and the comics. Hard to start the day without the comics.
  • Happy belated birthday Taryl. Happy early birthday Shannon and Becky. And happy anniversary to me! 26 years today.

Amen Bill! I hate not reading my comics in the morning and then completing the crossword. The day just doesn't go right if I miss out on those.
  • Quote: Happy belated birthday Taryl. Happy early birthday Shannon and Becky. And happy anniversary to me! 26 years today.

Amen Bill! I hate not reading my comics in the morning and then completing the crossword. The day just doesn't go right if I miss out on those.
    Happy Anniversary Allison! Did you decide if you're going out tonight or not to celebrate?
  • Quote: Happy Anniversary Allison! Did you decide if you're going out tonight or not to celebrate?
    We're going to go out for sushi during happy hour at a place we like. Nothing too much as we've got three nights of dinners out starting tomorrow. Thursday is the yearly gala for the YMCA, Friday is our monthly Wine Women dinner and Saturday we're going to a small bistro to "celebrate" with the in-laws as it's their last day in town.
  • Accidentally brought my roommate's Tupperware containing 8 baked sweet potatoes instead of my lunch today.

Decisions, decisions...do I want Subway? Indie sub shop? Crappy Chinese takeout? Drive home (10 miles round trip) to get my lunch? Grocery store?

I guess I'd better go for a long walk outside in the pleasant weather (67 and sunny currently) to decide. Days like this, I'm glad I have slow days at work...
  • Quote: Accidentally brought my roommate's Tupperware containing 8 baked sweet potatoes instead of my lunch today.
    And what will your roommate do for lunch? Curious minds want to know.
  • Happy birthdays Taryl, Shannon, and Becky! Taryl, lol, I also was surprised and thought you'd be older since you have so many kids. I got together with my DH when I was 18, but was 25 when we got married and 30 when I had my DDs.

Happy anniversary Allison!

Krampus, I have a hilarious mental image of you getting out your tupperware to eat your lunch and discovering 8 sweet potatoes.

One of my girls has decided suddenly that she is afraid of climbing the stairs. Both of them have been climbing the stairs for a long time now, but suddenly A has decided she doesn't want to do it. C is still crawling up like a champ. I wonder what happened to change her mind?
  • Quote: Happy late birthday, Taryl!

Mine is tomorrow. I'm pretty sure that with the work days I have going on the rest of the week that there will not be cake.
    Happy birthday, Shannon! Bummer on the lack of cake. I always look forward to scratching that sweets itch twice a year
  • Quote: Happy belated birthday Taryl. Happy early birthday Shannon and Becky. And happy anniversary to me! 26 years today.

Wow! That's a lot of years of marriage, how wonderful! I'm sorry about the missing paper, Bill - it's never fun to be thrown off ones routine.
  • Quote: Accidentally brought my roommate's Tupperware containing 8 baked sweet potatoes instead of my lunch today.

Decisions, decisions...do I want Subway? Indie sub shop? Crappy Chinese takeout? Drive home (10 miles round trip) to get my lunch? Grocery store?

I guess I'd better go for a long walk outside in the pleasant weather (67 and sunny currently) to decide. Days like this, I'm glad I have slow days at work...
    I'd totally be doing the sub shop, but that's just me