3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Any room for a prodigal midwife? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/294314-any-room-prodigal-midwife.html)

Shannon in ATL 04-01-2014 04:33 PM

Jen - I've missed you here. Welcome back.**

Melissa - I know you from other parts of the forum and FB, look forward to interacting with you here, too. :)

**She says as she peeks back in today after mostly lurking for the last couple of months or so herself.

Megan1982 04-02-2014 07:49 AM

Welcome back Jen and Melissa. It's good to see you both again. :)

midwife 04-30-2014 09:14 AM

Hey all! Sorry I have not checked in much since. :) I am down 10.5 lbs since mid-March, so there's that. Just trying to plan my food, drink lots of water, and move more.

Whodathunk it?

silverbirch 04-30-2014 09:46 AM

:wave:

10.5lbs is pretty good going!

traveling michele 04-30-2014 10:13 AM

That's awesome! Keep it up!

Shannon in ATL 04-30-2014 10:23 AM

10.5 is awesome! Good job. :)

saef 04-30-2014 11:06 AM

You lost a dumbbell's worth. How cool is that? And it's inspiring, because that's exactly what I want to do. I should just create a 10-lb ticker and think of it that way.

Give us some more details to revel in, if you get a chance.

Megan1982 04-30-2014 11:26 AM

Great job midwife! :carrot:

BillBlueEyes 04-30-2014 11:34 AM

Cheers for ten pounds gone forever.

canadjineh 05-06-2014 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saef (Post 4995004)
You lost a dumbbell's worth. How cool is that? And it's inspiring, because that's exactly what I want to do. I should just create a 10-lb ticker and think of it that way.

Give us some more details to revel in, if you get a chance.

Yes, I have a 6 lb ticker on MFP that is my 'sit up & pay attention' range. In case I get a bit out of control, :nono:

Liana

Glory87 07-08-2014 03:12 PM

Hello all my friends!!! I have completely slid off the rails since pregnancy and childbirth. I am still wearing pregnancy jeans and Ethan is 18 months old (on Friday). Excuses, excuses - but he's STILL not sleeping all night and the lack of sleep makes it really hard to be motivated to do anything but go to bed immediately at night and drink cup after cup of coffee in the afternoons at work.

But - I am committed to TRYING. It's been 1.5 days so far, ha! It is a pleasure to "see" you all again.

Obligatory "my kid is adorable" photo:
http://imgur.com/XTGeAAp

saef 07-08-2014 03:32 PM

Good to see you. I know returning here means you may not think that, but I am looking forward to your posts.

The quote in your signature is, hands down, the best I've ever seen, or at least the one that has haunted me the longest, and I'd know it was you even if your username changed, as long as it was there.

And yes, he's adorable. Is he going to have auburn hair when he gets older, I wonder? Don't remember what his daddy looks like, though I'm pretty sure I recall your wedding photos when they were posted here.

paperclippy 07-08-2014 03:35 PM

Welcome back Glory! Join me in the extremely post-partum club. ;) My girls are 14 months and I am on week 3 of working on getting back down (using MuTu system + calorie counting).

Glory87 07-08-2014 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saef (Post 5037386)
The quote in your signature is, hands down, the best I've ever seen, or at least the one that has haunted me the longest, and I'd know it was you even if your username changed, as long as it was there.

And yes, he's adorable. Is he going to have auburn hair when he gets older, I wonder? Don't remember what his daddy looks like, though I'm pretty sure I recall your wedding photos when they were posted here.

I still love the signature, I need to internalize it again! Ethan has nearly white blonde hair, but my husband thinks it may have a reddish tinge too. Jason has sandy blonde/brown hair but was a tow head as a kid. My paternal grandmother was a red head, so the chance is there!

Of course day 2 of eating better and someone brought in a tupperware full of sugar cookies. I can do it!

Mudpie 07-08-2014 04:45 PM

Jessica and Glory, I think the babies decide when you can start to lose the pregnancy weight. Now that they are old enough to give you some time you can focus on a bit more than just them and all the rest of the "life" stuff that needs to get done every day. I'm sure you will both do well at getting where you want to go.

Dagmar :cheer2: