Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 11:17 AM   #61  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
This, from the second article, is very interesting:

Quote:
Messenger says the average Briton works 150 fewer hours than an American.

"The difference is really driven by the fact that the US is the only developed country that has no legal or contractual or collective requirement to provide any minimum amount of annual leave," he says.

The UK, in contrast, is subject to the European working time directive, which requires at least four weeks of paid annual leave for every employee.
Yes. There's a lot of political argy-bargy around the European working time directive (opts-outs etc) but the fact remains that it is still a requirement. British men currently work the longest hours in Europe (no time to check but this has been the case for some time) but I don't know whether this is a historical thing or just since the 1980s.

Dagmar, Please stay warm today.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:18 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Birchie I am going to get DH to take a pic of me in my "winter work clothes" and post it here for all of you to . I really do look like I belong in Innuvik or somewhere close to. Did not mind wearing the big parka, snowboarding gloves, and 4 layers on the bottom today. The worst will be Friday morning with the poodle - it'll be minus 22 to start and she only has a raincoat. I'm hoping for no wind.

Dagmar
Old 02-27-2014, 10:36 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

A little whoosh this morning. I'm now .3 away from a 10 pound loss!
Old 02-27-2014, 11:00 AM   #64  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Great job, alinnell!
Old 02-27-2014, 12:19 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
Awesome!!
Old 02-27-2014, 04:11 PM   #66  
in development

Streak is 58. That's the butter and peanut butter streak.

The DB is just back from the First World War battlefields, bearing Belgian chocolates. I've just eaten three, to show gratitude, but that has to be that.

Today has felt a bit shaky, food-wise. I think it's because I've run out of cottage cheese which is a staple, as you know. I've run out because of two middle of the night outings related to the school trip which meant I couldn't think straight the next day. So tomorrow I have to go shopping again. And then everything will be all right.

Allison, great work! Hurray!
Old 02-27-2014, 06:47 PM   #67  

Allison!!!

Dagmar
Old 02-27-2014, 08:14 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
Fantastic !!!!
Old 02-28-2014, 10:10 AM   #69  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Down about one pound from last Friday. That's from no change other than eating fewer nuts as snacks. They've been a protein source for me, but this tells me that I ought to swap in something else instead.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:24 AM   #70  
in development

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
Down about one pound from last Friday. That's from no change other than eating fewer nuts as snacks. They've been a protein source for me, but this tells me that I ought to swap in something else instead.
I did this and am now on semi-industrial quantities of cottage cheese. I'm working my way through different types and sizes. My current favourite is called Holy Cow. It's full fat.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:51 AM   #71  

I will have to remember to NOT tell DH when I am down a couple of lbs. or near going under my redline. Last night he bought ice cream and wine for both of us. Friday night, woohoo and all that. I turned down the wine no problem (I need to sleep from now on) but eventually I caved to the ice cream.

I did take this as an opportunity to again tell DH that we can indulge, but only a couple of times a week. Preferably once a week until we hit our weight loss goals. His major stressors at work seem to be resolving themselves and now the overeating is a habit linked directly to TV. The habit can be broken.

I think DH's body is now telling him it doesn't like the way it's been mistreated all these years. I know mine is - I woke up at around 1:30 a.m. bathed in cold sweat and shaking. That's from the sugar overload and it's happened before.

Dagmar
Old 03-01-2014, 09:02 AM   #72  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Quote:
I will have to remember to NOT tell DH when I am down a couple of lbs. or near going under my redline.
I'm surprised that you say anything to him about your weight.

I stopped talking about my weight a long time ago--not because I live with a saboteur, as you do, but because no one is really interested except me.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:46 PM   #73  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Great losses, ladies! That pound off must feel great, Saef.

I'm still here but stuck in a very busy season of life. Fortunately diet is going well and exercise is improving. I'm down about 16 pounds from where I was right after a work-related trip for the Board of Pharmacy and now officially the lightest I've ever been as an adult, in the 155 range. My official weigh in is tomorrow and I'm excited. I'd still like to get off another twenty but losing weight sucks so bad I'm not sure I can stand it that much longer. I maintain well, but losing is obnoxious. Boo.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:51 PM   #74  
in development

Streak now 60. Had a good workout this morning in the sitting room. The SO stayed in the kitchen and the DB stayed in his room. So I really concentrated, developed some moves a little and I can certainly feel it now. Also went for a nice stroll for an hour or so at a nearby castle to admire the spring flowers.

Lots of yawning now and needing to go to bed (almost time, over here in GMT land).

to all.
Old 03-01-2014, 03:06 PM   #75  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbirch View Post
Streak now 60. Had a good workout this morning in the sitting room. The SO stayed in the kitchen and the DB stayed in his room. So I really concentrated, developed some moves a little and I can certainly feel it now. Also went for a nice stroll for an hour or so at a nearby castle to admire the spring flowers.

Lots of yawning now and needing to go to bed (almost time, over here in GMT land).

to all.
Have a well-earned sleep, Silverbirch!
Closed Thread