Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 12:27 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Birchie-- I need my down time too. I get it totally. I'm sorry things have hit all at once.

Shannon.... boy... you have had a lot to deal with. I get it. I wish I had the magic answer for you. I hope the spring brings you the clarity and peace you need to get refocused. I also hope your stressors die down!!
Old 04-03-2014, 01:11 PM   #212  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurodoc View Post
Sometimes when I get to feeling like you are now, I find one thing that I CAN exert control over and do it (making it to the gym, eating all my veggie servings or reaching my protein goal for the day) even if it's not diet/exercise related (finishing a paper re-write or cleaning my bedroom), then use that victory to fuel my self-confidence enough to meet another small goal. It can take days, but I can usually bring back some sense of self-control and THEN tackle the harder work of portion control or refusing seconds.
Shannon, we posted at the same time. re all that stuff. I like Andrea's approach above. I try this kind of thing from time to time, and congratulate myself for being so excellent when I manage to get one thing going in a straight line.

Quote:
Well done, silverbirch, for remembering to tidy up your shoes every day.
Quote:
Credit where credit is due, silverbirch, for doing a few stretches in bed this morning before you got up. That will soon build up and you'll feel big and strong again.
A little bit of yoga is always good. And all those little bits do build up quite nicely until one day you don't feel quite so bad any more. In fact, you feel halfway to OK!

Something else I keep meaning to tell you all. Before this past month of ear and virus, I was walking along one morning and suddenly thought how well my back was working. It seemed to be doing what it should, and in a very relaxed way.* I was beside myself with delight! (It's less good at the moment but I can get to that point again quite quickly now I'm doing MBF again.) I thought that if my back can feel like that, then so can the rest of the bod.

* saef, like I understand chi running to be all about.

Last edited by silverbirch; 04-03-2014 at 01:12 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:02 AM   #213  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Weight up over a pound. I'm not surprised. This was a hard week of training and I am particularly sore and stiff. In addition to my usual weight training, I've done almost 10 miles of outside running this week, and that's unusual for me.

I didn't get to the gym early this morning, as I usually do on Friday, which leaves me low in spirits -- but I needed time on my laptop for work before instant messaging and emails start popping through.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:35 PM   #214  
Workin' It

I did workout when I got home from work, which is good. I don't think I said this in the other chat, but I was pretty dizzy last night from some inner ear ick from my allergies and almost went to the urgent care center, but didn't. I feel better today, but didn't work out this morning just in case. I wanted to be already home and settled before doing it.

Today was our group insurance renewal meeting with the owners and our agent. Not pretty, not one bit.

So I've just been pushed right over my last line. To quote Picard "The line must be drawn here. This far, no further. ..... And I will be the one to make them pay for what they have done." It's game on.

Everyone have a nice night.

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 04-04-2014 at 08:36 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:33 AM   #215  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
I did workout when I got home from work, which is good. I don't think I said this in the other chat, but I was pretty dizzy last night from some inner ear ick from my allergies and almost went to the urgent care center, but didn't. I feel better today, but didn't work out this morning just in case. I wanted to be already home and settled before doing it.

Today was our group insurance renewal meeting with the owners and our agent. Not pretty, not one bit.

So I've just been pushed right over my last line. To quote Picard "The line must be drawn here. This far, no further. ..... And I will be the one to make them pay for what they have done." It's game on.

Everyone have a nice night.
Are we going to be reading about you in the news Shannon? Just joshing. Hope your allergies are better and you're starting to figure out your game strategy.

Dagmar
Old 04-05-2014, 05:41 AM   #216  

Patting myself on the back - pat, pat, pat. DH thought I was going to a concert last night (I was getting a haircut - his translator's on the blink again ) so he arrived right before I left with chips, beer, AND candy.

I had a bowl of fresh strawberries (my planned evening snack) when I got home. That was it.

My brain went through a big long dialogue about how it was OK to go off plan for a second night, how I "deserved" the beer and chips after a long day in the rain, how tired I was, etc. etc.

I told it to shut up, watched my epi of "Vikings", and went to bed.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...IV8WQpboBnOVlP

Dagmar
Old 04-05-2014, 10:09 AM   #217  
Workin' It

LOL Dagmar, no, I won't likely turn up in the news. I'm feeling a little more balanced today.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:24 AM   #218  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
LOL Dagmar, no, I won't likely turn up in the news. I'm feeling a little more balanced today.
Glad to hear it. I'm fortunate in that I can go out on a pier at the lake and holler my head off into the wind when work throws me a curve. Most of you would not do well at the office should you release your stress that way.

Dagmar
Old 04-08-2014, 08:15 AM   #219  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Dagmar, I've screamed my way home from work in my car before. It's a great feeling to bellow it all out, unrestrained. Very satisfying.

Shannon, I read about the pollen counts and now I'm even seeing cartoons. My sympathies. Re the XW, I have to believe that the comeuppance when it happens, will be worth taking the high road. Sorry you have to be exposed to the toxicity. Wouldn't it be great if you could throw water on her and she'd just melt? Wishing you a speedy ear-clearing!

silver, I hope your days are moving back to more ritardando. I too like to have a pause between activities. It is good to hear that your back is back!

4000 yard practice last night; first time I've crossed that threshold since starting back up. I had a lane to myself and the workout was heavily backstroke, my fave. It feels really good to be moving through the water properly again. Some of my lumpy spots aren't quite as lumpy as they were, it seems.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:27 AM   #220  

I think there will be some screaming on the pier today. I have been spiralling down and down this this winter and the last 4 days have convinced me I have to stop now. Before I lose everything I've worked for - not just in terms of weight loss and maintenance but my job and my home too. I went through this in 1994 and swore it would never happen again.

The difference this time around is that I'm recognizing what's happening very early on and making every effort to stop it.

Happier times are coming.

Dagmar
Old 04-09-2014, 09:18 AM   #221  
Recovering Pantry Pest

Must have been the moon last night, Dagmar. My evening, which should have been full of picking up, getting stuff back to the closet and bathroom, and managing an immense pile of cardboard for the recycle pickup next week ... turned out to be a great dinner, followed by 2 servings of ice cream, 4 sea salt caramels, potato chips, and 4 1/2 hours of Bejeweled.

Let's get a grip on this fresh new day, and show ourselves some true love and respect instead of resorting to old, negative patterns. Are you with me?
Old 04-09-2014, 09:22 AM   #222  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I haven't been posting because my weight has been all over the place but I'm finally back on track and close to where I should be. Hoping to start seeing a loss by next week.

The weather here has turned HOT too early in the spring. Yesterday 97 and today should be 98. It makes dog walking a bit uncomfortable. DH and I were going to start walking the dogs after dinner but haven't done so yet due to the heat. And it's only going to get worse. I do still take Bogey out at lunch but it isn't a long walk and it's Misty that really needs to get out, too. Perhaps I'll attempt them both today. If I go at noon, it's not quite as hot (maybe 90).
Old 04-09-2014, 09:28 AM   #223  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICUwishing View Post
Must have been the moon last night, Dagmar. My evening, which should have been full of picking up, getting stuff back to the closet and bathroom, and managing an immense pile of cardboard for the recycle pickup next week ... turned out to be a great dinner, followed by 2 servings of ice cream, 4 sea salt caramels, potato chips, and 4 1/2 hours of Bejeweled.

Let's get a grip on this fresh new day, and show ourselves some true love and respect instead of resorting to old, negative patterns. Are you with me?
I'm there Becky I'm there.

Dagmar
Old 04-09-2014, 09:38 AM   #224  
Recovering Pantry Pest

Dagmar, ! Let that pier have it!
Old 04-09-2014, 10:15 AM   #225  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Dagmar and Becky-- I'll be thinking only positive thoughts for you both today!

Allison-- what about morning walks? Too early?

I'm feeling extremely sluggish and sore today. Hoping the coffee resurrects me. I woke up to an email that our interim principal has been officially named principal for next year. I think the reaction to this news will be quite mixed. We have a volunteer tea in the library (of course) after school today so it will be interesting to see what parents think too.

I'm in the midst of packing and trying not to remember anything important for the cruise. I'm concerned about my MIL's mental (and physical) health so I'm glad/worried/panicked that we will see her while in Houston. She apparently called my dd yesterday and told her that they (my FIL and MIL) had been in Louisiana and he had been teaching a class. She said he drove too fast coming home and got a speeding ticket-- she said they left Louisiana at 1:30 pm and got home at 4:30 (literally impossible). I'm not sure what/if any of that story is true. I'm sure they weren't in Louisiana and I'm not sure what kind of class he would have been teaching. My guess is they were somewhere for his work and he got a speeding ticket coming home. Sigh...
Closed Thread