Maintainers Moving Through Winter: The Sequel

You're on Page 1 of 8
Go to
  • It's February, which means it's like that moment when you realize your workout is about halfway done, and your chances of getting through the whole thing as planned are looking good.

There's still a ways to go, but look how far we've come.

It's the time of practicing, keeping going, seeing the completed workouts adding up to something.

There's still time to start anew, too, in this dormant period when you can quietly work on yourself and on making better choices.

We are maintainers moving in February.
  • February 1: 50 minutes weight lifting (lats and delts)
    1 hour Yoga DVD (Baron Baptiste)
  • The gorgeous photo makes me think of Robert Frost. Thanks for the inspirational words, saef. February in SF bay area has begun with an unexpected & welcome storm this am. Fingers crossed it's a harbinger of more to come.

10 biceps curls 4 lb weights.
    Zumba Fitness DVD Cumbia 15 min
  • Feb. 1: YAYOG pull day
    3 mile run
    2 mile walk
  • Saturday, 1 February:

60 minute spin class with one weight interval
    Some step-ups, just trying them out

Sunday, 2 February:

30 minutes StairMaster, the usual, with the usual wiped-out feeling at the end
    30 minutes shoulders, biceps & triceps routine
    30 minute leg workout, with the lunges making more sense to me after trying the stepup yesterday -- finally figured out about the stationery leg
  • Quote: The gorgeous photo makes me think of Robert Frost. Thanks for the inspirational words, saef. February in SF bay area has begun with an unexpected & welcome storm this am. Fingers crossed it's a harbinger of more to come.

10 biceps curls 4 lb weights.
    Zumba Fitness DVD Cumbia 15 min
    I'm also in the Bay Area. Wonder if we are neighbors?
  • Feb. 1: 100 minutes bikram yoga after going to Napa. Really didn't want to go but I did!

Feb. 2: 100 minutes bikram yoga.... Very crowded pre Super Bowl class. I had every intention on staying for the next class but my back is sore and I have tons to do! Trying to help dh celebrate hid birthday so I didn't feel right being gone all day.

Totals:
    2 workouts
    200 minutes
  • Quote: I'm also in the Bay Area. Wonder if we are neighbors?
    Hope you're enjoying the rain Michele! I'm curled up here near Richardson Bay with a good book (The Goldfinch), planning on deploying a new pilates dvd this evening.
  • February 2: 14 miles running treadmill incline 2% (2:04:17)
    30 minutes foam rolling

And, though not formal exercise, it FINALLY got warm enough for me to kick the chickens out of their coop, so I could shovel all the litter and poop around and lay out a new layer of shavings!

Come on SPRING!!
  • Feb 1: Rest day

Feb 2: 7 mile jog with roommate. She goes a lot slower than I normally would so this took almost an hour and a half. I sprinted the last half mile.
  • Quote: Hope you're enjoying the rain Michele! I'm curled up here near Richardson Bay with a good book (The Goldfinch), planning on deploying a new pilates dvd this evening.
    Hmmm... as I don't know where that is we must not be very close neighbors. I've lived in CA for 8 years but am very geographically challenged so if it isn't nearby, I probably don't know where it is!
  • February 3: 50 minutes weight lifting (shoulders chest triceps)
    30 minutes foam rolling
    P90X Kenpo DVD

I hope no one minds me placing a gratuitous pic here - but I have to say I'm pretty happy with my shoulders at this point...

• Jen, they look great, and I'll bet they work great, too. What are you lifting now? You'd fit right in at the gym in Liverpool with the serious female weight training going on, even though I know you do all of your workouts at home.

Monday, Feb. 3rd:

About 30 minutes on the treadmill. Not a very good run, again alternating, from 4.7 mph for 10 minutes, a minute rest, then 5.0 for five minutes, 5.3 for three minutes, back to 4.7 for five minutes, 5.0, and 5.4, all with a minute of walking between. And when I was done, I felt really done, and I walked home feeling defeated by the treadmill and by the slush, ice and the six inches of snow that fell today.
  • Feb 3: 15 minutes treadmill running, 15 minutes stair stepping, DB bench press, lat pull downs, chin-ups, roman chair leg raises
  • Wow, great picture CherryPie!