Maintainers Weekly Chat January 19 - January 26

You're on Page 6 of 6
Go to
  • Quote: All my friends on the Labrador Chat board said that they wished they had done it a day too early rather than a day too late. I think he probably would have held on for weeks more, but it was just too painful to see him not want to eat. Someone said to think of his three favorite things to do and when he can't do those, it is time. Well, eating was #1. Always is for a Lab. The fact that he had lost so much weight was really the most telling thing and my reasoning to put him down. It just wasn't fair to him to keep him around for my sake. I miss him like crazy.
    'You did the right thing, still it is hard ti give up.
  • I've agonized over the timing of when to let go of three of my cats over the years. Always completely agonizing. When it's hopeless and they're in pain (both) I know it's time. Karen also agonizes over the precise moment but that can never be known with certainty. It's just part of the contract we have with our beloved companions who trust us with their lives, and their deaths. So painful, I'm sorry what you are going through.