Maintainers Starting Off 2014 in Motion Through January

You're on Page 9 of 9
Go to
  • Quote: Silverbirch - I would suggest Fire Hydrants and Clamshells. You can also do the easy hip swing where you hold onto something and just swing one leg straight front and back slowly as far as is comfortable.
    Jen, thank you very much for these suggestions. I tried the Clamshells out this morning at the gymn + the exercises that I'm already doing. It felt as though something was happening so that's good. ... And now my foot hurts madly. I think it's because I walked briskly to my early morning meeting and I'd done a mile by about 10am (before the gymn). My lower body doesn't like that kind of thing at the moment. (For heaven's sake!) So I'm continuing to work on it which is all you can do, isn't it? Short of amputation. Well, actually, I'm about to put them into a foot spa and rub them with wonderful cream. And then race out again to an evening meeting.
  • Quote: I often wonder what it would be like to feel less driven, to enjoy myself more, as they do.
    Me, too, my friend, me too!

Quote: Jen, thank you very much for these suggestions. I tried the Clamshells out this morning at the gymn + the exercises that I'm already doing. It felt as though something was happening so that's good. ... And now my foot hurts madly. I think it's because I walked briskly to my early morning meeting and I'd done a mile by about 10am (before the gymn). My lower body doesn't like that kind of thing at the moment. (For heaven's sake!) So I'm continuing to work on it which is all you can do, isn't it? Short of amputation. Well, actually, I'm about to put them into a foot spa and rub them with wonderful cream. And then race out again to an evening meeting.
    I always assuming if I feeling SOMETHING but it's not too much that it's working! Hope that is true for you!

Jen
  • January 30: P90X (2) Yoga (66 mins)
    7 miles running treadmill - incline 2% (1:01:52)
    30 Minutes foam rolling
  • Friday, January 31st:

30 minutes StairMaster, random intervals, dropped down to resistance of 4, which may be too easy.
    60 minutes back & biceps routine
  • January 31: 7 miles running treadmill incline 2% (1:03:57)
    30 minutes foam rolling
    p90X 3 Yoga (30 mins)

Running total January - 143.2 miles!
  • Quote: January 28: 105 minutes Bikram yoga

Totals:
    31 workouts
    3115 minutes
    Jan. 29: 100 minutes bikram yoga

Jan. 30: 100 minutes bikram yoga

Jan. 31: 100 minutes bikram yoga

Totals for January! 34 workouts and 3415 minutes!
  • Jan 31: Epic weights sesson at engineering college. Barbell deadlifts, KB sumo squats, DB bench press, bench dips, lat pulldowns, shoulder presses, Arnold presses.