Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 01-18-2014, 11:54 AM   #226  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

No butter or peanut butter on Friday. Streak is 17.

Becky, depersonalising things is a good point about Excel. I hadn't thought of it like that. Please take it easy today - although it's a bit late to say that, I suppose.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:13 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

I am pretending it's Monday today. So when I weigh in on "real" Monday it won't be quite as drastic . I've been sulking mightily about my bathroom and the ensuing destruction of other parts of what was a beautiful house. Silly but sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do. And the evening dog walks all the past week and weekend have left me very tired and cranky .

Started anew this morning. Healthy brekkie, lunch, and dinner, with a small bowl of fruit and yogurt later in the evening. No alcohol all weekend.

I think I will borrow from birchie and start a "streak" going with the alcohol. I'm shooting for abstinence until Feb. 15 when I will help DH celebrate his birthday. We will do things well after the actual date as we will include my and his best friend's birthdays as well.

I have two of the dogwalkers close to my age coming over for tea tomorrow afternoon. I'm making small sandwiches and also offering cookies and chocolate wafer thingees. Right after they leave I will pour detergent all over the dessert parts of things so I'm not tempted. Then we zip off to my cousin's for dinner and birthday cake. His youngest daughter turned 13 this week.

I think one piece of cake will be quite enough for me.

Dagmar
Mudpie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:55 PM   #228  
in development

Default Rules-based eating rules!

No butter or peanut butter on Saturday. Streak is 18. Going strong.

We went out for lunch today, mainly to give the DB a break from revising for his exams. We went to the brasserie in a hotel near here which is thought to be very good. In an area where most food is not great it does stand out but it's not remarkable by any means. I always have salmon salad which is OK (say, 6/10).

(Remember I hardly ever eat out.) It's been so long since I ate out in this area that I was seduced by the words on the menu and I broke three of my 'rules' which help me through life. They are as follows.

Rule 1: don't have a three course meal even though other people are because you don't like it and you feel ill afterwards.
Rule 2: don't have a pudding if your main course is disappointing as it won't help and anyway you hardly ever, ever have puddings because you often feel ill afterwards.
Rule 3: always have salmon salad at the ... ... Hotel.

This is what I had.

A so-called appetiser of carrot and celery sticks with feta and yoghurt dip. The others had starters. (4/10)
Plaice fillets with orzo pasta, artichokes, pepper and something else unmemorable. I left the orzo. (4/10)
A few moules marinieres from the DB. I body-swerved the creamy liquor. (7/10)
Creme caramel with cinnamon and apple compote and a so-called biscotti (but there was only one so it was really a biscotto). (3/10)
Camomile tea. I gave the chocolate which came with it to the DB. (8/10)

The upshot was that I felt completely stuffed and not too good. It's now tea-time and I'm not having anything. I hope to feel normal by bed-time.

On the bright side, the weather was stunning and there were wonderful views across the water to the mountains which have a little snow on them. Lots of clouds which was good as I'm in the middle of a cloud project. And the revising seems to be going great guns!
Old 01-19-2014, 07:52 PM   #229  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Copying here to be sure that Silverbirch doesn't miss it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by apo9 View Post
Hi..my name is Rita and I am semiretired.I have been lurking for 2 months while dieting counting calories and carbs and have lost 15 lb.I am 5 ft 5.5 inches tall and currently weigh 145 but would like to attain a goal of 135 to 140 lb.I have been lurking on the maintainers sites and am impressed with everyone here.Everyone is so intelligent and well versed.You have all kept me amused and entertained with your posts.I finally got the nerve to sign up when silverbirch attempted to out us lurkers.I cant think of a better bunch of people to diet with.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:38 PM   #230  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

apo9 JOIN US!!!!

Golf was unmemorable today...Let's hope next weekend is better.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:05 PM   #231  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Hi Rita and welcome!
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:24 AM   #232  

Rita

Dagmar
Old 01-20-2014, 06:52 AM   #233  

S/C/G: 169/135/140

Height: 5ft 5.5 in

Thank you all for the warm welcome.
apo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:46 AM   #234  
Workin' It

Hey, Rita!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:55 PM   #235  
in development

Rita, it's great you've decided to join us. Once again,
(I think this is my favourite smiley.)

No butter or peanut butter on Sunday. Streak is 19. I think I forgot my no cakes, biscuits or pastries rule on Sunday but my pudding wasn't really any of those so I'm allowing myself to streak onwards.

I've just about recovered after the meal out yesterday. I hope I've learnt my lesson, good and proper.

I may have tracked down the niggles in my hips, etc L side and all that. Not the new boots, not the walking on London's pavements but stopping doing one-legged toe touches and one-legged glute squats sometime in November. This morning I did 3 mins of both on each leg = 12 mins in all. I felt wonderful afterwards! There were many cracks and pops from different parts of the body which I'm taking as all good. I'm planning on doing this every other day and hoping that all the niggles will now be ironed out.

You won't be at all surprised to hear that my weight is not dropping like a stone. Like I said, I'll streak on for a month and then see what else I have to do. At the very least, I'll be healthier.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:52 PM   #236  

I am now 3 days without alcohol - a mini streak. I think I will try to also abstain from chocolate, again until DH's birthday celebration.

Dagmar
Old 01-20-2014, 07:52 PM   #237  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Well, DD set her wedding date so I have 23 weeks to lose 20 pounds. Should be possible but my off plan weekends are interfering with my on plan week days. Time to do some serious planning!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:32 PM   #238  
Workin' It

Birchie - i believe my recent crackles and tweaks are from failing to keep up with my yoga. Great job on your streak!

Dagmar - great job on your streak as well!

Allison - 23 weeks! Totally doable.

I'm about to cancel one of my furniture items and order from someone else. The company charged my card the minute I ordered and now weeks later there is no shipping info. When I hammer them for info they tell me that they are short four chairs, but assure me that they can get them. I have no faith anymore.

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 01-20-2014 at 10:33 PM.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:24 AM   #239  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
Well, DD set her wedding date so I have 23 weeks to lose 20 pounds. Should be possible but my off plan weekends are interfering with my on plan week days. Time to do some serious planning
On or off? But seriously congratulations to your daughter and her fiancee and I'm sure you will look great as the MOB (mother of the bride).

Dagmar
Old 01-21-2014, 05:33 AM   #240  

The next three days will be hard ones due to severe cold and wind. I have no DH tonite to keep me in check re the alcohol : since he is in class.

I will extend my streak!

last night when I went to bed. DH was upstairs studying so I lay down with our cuddly cat on the big couch. Instead of watching TV we listened to some New Orleans blues and jazz, quietly snuggling in the dark. DH came down and asked what I was doing. I told him Mishka and I were listening to music and snuggling. He wondered why we were in a dark room. "I don't need to listen with my eyes dear", I replied.

So later, after I had gone to bed, DH came in to say good night and he started smelling my breath (his nose literally up to my lips) and asking me what I had been eating.

I guess he thought I had been drinking since I didn't turn the TV on at all yesterday.

Though I can't make it a streak I will definitely try to abstain from TV as much as I can. Or at least watch the instructional DVD's I bought.Time to climb out of the "mindless viewing" rut.

Dagmar