Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 08-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Michele - We had a 150 lb. Rottweiler with hip displaysia and put him on Glucosamine. It made a WORLD of difference - just a suggestion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICUwishing View Post
Jen - distance runners and bagels seem to go together. After spending the summer training with some folks that routinely log 70-80 miles per week, I've begun to believe they are darn near a staple food. Want to dish on any of the details of the zucchini casserole? I need some fresh ideas!
Incredible easy!

1.5 pounds Zucchini cut into bite sized pieces
1 can mushrooms
garlic powder
mozzarella or cheddar cheese
1 lb. sweet chicken sausage
1 small jar spaghetti sauce
Paremsan Cheese

Combine first 6 ingredients. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 degrees 1 hr.

Congrats on the race and the funky toes!!

My 1/2 mary is next Sunday, so I will be decreasing my mileage a little this week. Planned 10 today - we'll see what my Achilles thinks of that!

Jen

Last edited by CherryPie99; 08-25-2013 at 09:00 AM.
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #92  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Thanks, Jen! YUM!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:05 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Becky.... Your race sounds great and especially your pedicure!

We have a race for education that I need to sign up for. I can either do a 5k or a half marathon. I kinda hate running so I'm not sure which to sign up for. I signed up for the half last year but had a bad toe so didn't end up going.

Jen... I'm starting her on glucosamine. Do you remember how much you gave him?
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:07 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post

Jen... I'm starting her on glucosamine. Do you remember how much you gave him?
Geez, it's been a while, but I am thinking I bought 1500 mg tabs and gave him 2 a day for a month to get it quickly up to therapeutic levels and then cut it down to one per day and that's all he needed - he maintained very well on that. I also think that I bought the Glucosamine HCI which was better for some reason.

Jen
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:40 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Anyone who has ever grown Zucchini has a lot of Zucchini recipes , I remember carrying a bag of Zucchini every place I went.

Here is another recipe, this one is pretty forgiving, amounts don't have to be exact, depends on what you have on hand.

6 Medium Zucchini
1 small onion
4 slices bacon
1 can tomato sauce
season to taste
Brown onion in Bacon ( cut in small pieces )Pour off extra fat, add Zucchini , peeled and cut into small pieces . Cook slowly until Zucchini is tender. Add a little water if it gets too. dry.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:02 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Holy rainstorm Batman!

DH, DS and I went to a movie this afternoon. I took my umbrella for what it is worth. The movie started at 2:10. At 3 PM, the movie stopped, the emergency strobe lights started going and a recording came on stating that there was an emergency and we were to calmly leave the theater. (I'll post a photo later.) Apparently the rain was so fierce that the theater started flooding and the fire department came and closed it for the rest of the day. We hung out in the lobby for a while but decided to go to the car. Wow. Horizontal rain so my umbrella did nothing more than to keep by face kind of dry. We were drenched!

The roads were all flooded (and this had only started 10 or 15 minutes prior). Four and six lane roads were down to one lane each way due to flooding. Our garage flooded 5 feet in as well as our front entry (there is a bit of a slope toward each). Only one small ceiling leak that we've noticed (chalking that up to solar panel installation). It didn't damage the ceiling as it came in through a light fixture.

Those of you that get major rain storms--it is unusual to have constant thunder? We stood out on our back covered patio watching it all and the thunder never stopped. It was if there was a huge airplane hovering over out house. I've never experienced that before (couldn't see any lightening). The thunder has since gone back to "normal" intermittent rumbling.

This is a picture of the theater lobby--it really doesn't do it justice. It's a huge lobby and usually you see no more than 20-30 people in it at once. No one wanted to leave. http://mightytext.net/zpMIf

And one of our flooded back yard http://mightytext.net/zjrA1

Last edited by alinnell; 08-25-2013 at 07:05 PM. Reason: added photos
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:38 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Oh my Allison! Constant thunder means the storm is on top of you I think?

I have anxiety when it rains like that. When I was a teenager I was caught in a flash flood with my car. I made it out. My car (first car and I'd had it a month) did not.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote