Did you mark reaching goal with anything?:)

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hiya I'm just wondering if anyone marked reaching goal with anything whether it was something they bought, a tattoo, a holiday...?

I'm 5lbs away from goal and 60lbs lost. When I get there I'd like to mark it with something that will celebrate and continue to remind me of all the hard work its taken. I'm scared of tattoos, maybe a bracelet or necklace with. the number of lbs lost incorporated somehow.

Did you do anything to mark reaching goal? Sorry I'm just curious x
  • I bought a pandora bracelet and added a new charm each month that I stayed at goal. I still wear it most days as a reminder. I also got a tattoo with my dd which signified many things including my life changes.

Congrats on your loss! Please join us on the threads here.
  • Fran, sorry, no. Actually, like many here, I missed the moment when I hit exactly goal weight because I went slightly below it, by about a pound, on that weigh-in. I couldn't believe I'd finally done it, and then, what if I couldn't sustain it? And yes, it went up slightly the next week, and then down again. I think there were a lot of stars and exclamation points in my journal that day, but nothing else. I had rewarded myself with clothes all along, as I needed things to fit in, cycling through various sizes on the way down, and that felt like enough to me.

Also, in my mind, "celebrate" was so closely linked with food, that there was no "celebrating," as I feared it would be counterproductive. To this day when someone says, "This calls for a celebration," inwardly I'm thinking, "Oh, brother. Brace yourself for what's coming next." I mean, why don't people celebrate by putting on music & dancing? But no, it's usually alcohol and cake.
  • I bought a bikini. My first ever - at the ripe age of 37. It was quite modest really but at the time, I felt like I was naked when I wore it. It took me a while to actually enjoy putting it on and wearing it in public. So, I suppose my "reward" was really a challenge to my new self-image and confidence. But I eventually passed the test. In fact, I just bought a substantially skimpier one for an upcoming vacation, even though I'm not a single pound lighter.
  • When I hit a normal BMI, my weight goal (83 pounds) my husband gave me a Return To Tiffany bracelet and I bought a new dress. That's about it. No tattoo or vacation.....:-) it has been a couple of months and I have dropped another 5 pounds. It still does not feel real.
  • I went on the Mother Of All Shopping Trips.
  • Quote: I went on the Mother Of All Shopping Trips.

Dagmar
  • Hi All they sound lovely ideas thank you and well done I plan on going clothes shopping too and maybe buy myself some jewellery that I can wear as a reminder of the weight loss journey and the ongoing journey which I know will take a lot of effort too.

Cheers

Fran x
  • I just adopted a miniature schnauzer that I convinced my husband was a "Goal Weight Celebration Schnauzer!". I think he is cuter than any outfit I could have shopped for!

• That's the second cutest mini-schnauzer that I've ever seen. Mine being the first of course.
  • StephMar - they are all pretty cute, yeah, no argument from me!
  • Cute doggy!!
  • I bought a pair of Lucky Brand jeans! I always had wanted them but never felt like I deserved it.
  • Hello,
    I met goal, stayed there for one year, then got a tummy tuck.
  • I'm getting a tummy tuck!