Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 07-22-2013, 05:24 AM   #1  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Maintainers Weekly Chat July 22 - July 28

Cheers to Jen (CherryPie99) for fastest female in her 10K race!!! That's a nifty show.

We suffered all week in temperatures that kissed 100 degrees F. I wilted like the plants in DW's garden. That heat spell has just now broken; I can feel the cool air blowing in my window as I type. Hope to get out and do a serious aerobic walk and enjoy it.
BillBlueEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Jen for a great race!

Our heat wave of 5 days broke on Saturday Bill. It was so nice to go outside yesterday and be able to breathe and move around without sweating profusely . I hope the rain that happened Friday cooled down the sand enough at the beach that the dogs can walk on it in comfort.

Good week all! I'm hoping to get house keys today and am satrting the pet sit tonite so I'll be juggling 3 houses for 2 weeks. I'm so glad all of this will end at the end of October.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:24 AM   #3  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Great race, Jen.

About to have lunch and then go off to do our July butterfly survey of a sq km. The weather will probably break about tea-time (clouds are massing over the mountains) and then we're away, so this is the last chance to do July's survey. We'll do the same square in August.

Have done my floor exercises.

Have a good week, everyone.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:45 AM   #4  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! We are going up to PA on Friday; I hope it's not terribly hot as my BIL does not have air conditioning. Also I am hoping to not let the trip derail my eating and exercise too badly. I already have my travel pass for the gym so it should not be an issue. I find hotel breakfast buffets a bit of a minefield, though.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:10 AM   #5  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Jen! Shoot, that's the time I expect from myself in a 5K! You rock, woman!

Though I had stars in my eyes about how productive I was going to be this weekend, the broken heatwave changed my plans. I spent plenty of hours outside, two of them bobbing around in a lake with a good friend, and about 4 yesterday with another good friend on my patio. Needless to say, my project agenda didn't advance. Oh well. Though I'm a bit in the hole to kick off the week, I think it was well worth it. Even the sunburned nose.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I was down a little today even with steroids. I am trying to keep my calories up but Allison is right food just has an off taste with radiation. I got some Ensure and Boost for the protein. Ensure is nasty, double nasty, Boost is only slightly better.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Congrats, Jen!!

Sorry your taste buds are suffering bargoo. Hopefully it won't last long.

Enjoy your trip, Wardhog!

Sounds like a relaxing weekend, Becky.

Our mountain fire is close to containment. They were predicting it'd be fully contained by Friday, but moved it up to Wednesday due to a heavy rainfall on Sunday morning. We even got rain in the valley which was a nice change of pace.

We leave this afternoon on our trip, so you may not hear from me much over the next two weeks. Can't even say I'll keep up on everything going on here! But DH is determined to keep up his exercising while on the trip, so my workout clothes are packed. Perhaps this will be the impetus to get me back into a regular workout myself.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:18 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
Congrats, Jen!!

Sorry your taste buds are suffering bargoo. Hopefully it won't last long.

Enjoy your trip, Wardhog!

Sounds like a relaxing weekend, Becky.

Our mountain fire is close to containment. They were predicting it'd be fully contained by Friday, but moved it up to Wednesday due to a heavy rainfall on Sunday morning. We even got rain in the valley which was a nice change of pace.

We leave this afternoon on our trip, so you may not hear from me much over the next two weeks. Can't even say I'll keep up on everything going on here! But DH is determined to keep up his exercising while on the trip, so my workout clothes are packed. Perhaps this will be the impetus to get me back into a regular workout myself.
Have fun Allison!
Old 07-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #9  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I hear cicadas from my office window - not sure how long they've been there as I have had the window shut (for A/C) up until today! This brings me back to Japanese summers, which can only be described as "oppressive" with millions of deafening cicadas, enormous centipedes and spiders, and day-in, day-out unrelenting humid heat.

Had a very "wahhh I don't WANT to eat healthy" weekend but kept it under control. Waking up and hitting the gym helped this morning, and BF and I are planning to play tennis after work tonight. I spent the weekend at my parents' house doing lots of shopping for my new place. We are moving stuff down gradually in laundry baskets, so actual Moving Day (July 31/Aug 1) should be manageable.

Jen - what a great time!!! You fast runners amaze me. My supervisor from an old job posted about running her slowest 5K of the year at 21:03. Seriously.

Allison - happy travels and hope the fire business stays put.

Dagmar - was happy to read of your kayak day with DH. 3 houses, oh my...

bargoo - glad your ordeal with radiation is not also plagued with unfavorable scale readings.

Becky - that weekend sounds much nicer than working on projects :P

WardHog - enjoy PA!

silver - may you find multitudes of butterflies!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

WardHog, where in PA are you going? I grew up in Lancaster!

Jen, awesome race! I've run a hand full of 5k/10k races and a half marathon, but for me "run" means jog. Slowly.

My mother and I spent most of last week visiting my brother in South Carolina - VERY hot but according to the weather channel it may have been even hotter back in the northeast! No comment on our eating on the trip...
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #11  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Bargoo, Ensure saved my friend from having to have a feeding tube put into her stomach through her abdominal wall. It was about the only thing she could get down after a point. My attitude toward Ensure has now changed forever. I am so grateful that someone came up with that formula.

Hang in there, Bargoo. I'm rooting for you.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #12  

KEYS! We have keys!

Dagmar
Old 07-22-2013, 03:53 PM   #13  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

WOOT WOOT WOOT !!!
BillBlueEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:02 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
KEYS! We have keys!

Dagmar
Congratulations !!
Old 07-22-2013, 08:05 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Bargoo, Ensure saved my friend from having to have a feeding tube put into her stomach through her abdominal wall. It was about the only thing she could get down after a point. My attitude toward Ensure has now changed forever. I am so grateful that someone came up with that formula.

Hang in there, Bargoo. I'm rooting for you.

Jay
Oh! I know but I don't have to like it ! Many people live on Boost, too. We are fortunate to have these things to help us.

Thanks for your encouragent .