Maintainers Exercising in July: Boom, Boom, Boom

You're on Page 2 of 11
Go to
  • Ward - I love workout trainer. Did you guys do the pro version or the free? I've not upgraded yet, and wonder if it is worth it. I would like a real voice instead of the digital trainer - she is too artificially perky. LOL
  • We use the free version. There seem to be so many to choose from that we won't run out of stuff to try any time soon. And yes, I think I will be sore tomorrow, especially my legs, from doing jump squats with a 15 lb dumbbell in each hand, and which are not usually on the program. I know what you mean about the voice ... A couple of times she said, "15 seconds left ..." And I was thinking, "I've been doing this for at least 15 minutes already!"
  • She is particularly annoying when she pops out with 'you'll feel the satisfaction of this tomorrow'. LOL
  • 7/2 40 min full body weights
    7/3 40 min run
    60 min full body weights
    60 min puppy walk running shes really fast {but can not run till shes older ;[

Ward the work out sounds really fun I love that kind just have to have lots of equipment at the ready!
  • Been camping so not doing so hot to begin July -

July 1: 6.6 mil hiking - it was downpouring and SO COLD.

July 2: 5 miles hiking on one trail then 2.85 on another
    6.1 mile run (47:45)

July 3: 3.65 miles hiking
  • Thursday, Fourth of July:

60 minute elliptical, resistance at nine, alternating forward & backward
    Dumbbell side presses
    Cable pulls
    Tried lunges with an 18-lb bar across my shoulders, relearning that I have lousy balance. (It's because of that inner ear infection that damaged the nerve in my left ear and left me 90% deaf on that side -- it also messed up the thing inside your inner ear that acts as a level.)
  • July 4: 9 miles running (1:11:43)
  • Friday, July 5th:

60 minute Stairmaster, the usual, split before & after
    60 minute back & biceps routine

A really drenching sweat, in spite of the air conditioned gym, that's what I'll remember. And the nearly empty gym because of yesterday's holiday. And my having to get back to my desk & laptop because I didn't take the day off. Good thing. Three inquiries from my boss already this morning before noon ...
  • 7/4 40 min weights
    7/5 80 min running
    90 min weights
  • July 5: 8 miles walking with dogs
    2:10 intense yard work
  • July 6: 1 hour mat pilates class, 35 min elliptical ... still raining
  • Saturday, July 6th:

60 minute spin class with weight intervals
    60 minute Pilates mat class

Depleted gym as everyone's out of town for the holiday. And a heat wave. I felt weirdly good in Pilates today.
  • July 7: doubles tennis match (90 min). Had a friend in town and met her to go walking. GOT RAINED OUT pppppfffftttttttt
  • Quote: Ward-- that sounds really fun! I wonder if you'll be sore due to using new/different muscle groups?

July 2: 95 minutes Bikram yoga-- one of my very favorite teachers-- she subs so I never know when she'll be there, so it was a pleasant surprise.

July 3: I have a super busy day today so I went to an early Zumba class. It was super packed!

60 minutes Zumba
    504 feet on the rope maching

Totals:
    4 workouts
    315 minutes
    July 4: 95 minutes Bikram Yoga

July 5: 95 minutes Bikram Yoga

July 6: 95 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
    7 workouts
    600 minutes
  • July 6: 60 minutes weight lifting (lats, delts, shoulders)
    4 hours 15 minutes weeding the garden, planting new seedlings from the greenhouse, and then painted all the trim on the garage...