Maintainers Weekly Chat May 27 - June 2

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Hey everyone!

Been in a funk this week for no reason. Perhaps because my b-day is next week?

Been trying to cut back on food in preparation for planned birthday over-indulgence - weight has been good, but I'm feeling ugly and worthless. Arg - the mind games!

Then last night a fox (or more then one) attacked our chickens. We have free ranged chickens for 3 years and lost only 2 - this time they killed 5 of our 8 hens and actually ripped the head off the rooster and left him there. DH and I are both so upset for several reasons - losing the hens being first, but we also couldn't believe that they came so close to our house. Usually predators avoid our land due to the smell of our large male dogs.

So, not a good week at all.

Sorry to be a downer! The one upside has been the weather has been great - I got to run in almost 80 degree temps today. I know most runners hate running in hot humid weather, but I love it!

Jen

Oh, and one more thing - got my prize in the mail for coming in 2nd in the 1/2 marathon (I didn't even know they were giving out prizes). It was a $40 gift certificate to one of those make your own frozen yogurt shops. It's a new one in the area that I've been desperately avoiding as I know I couldn't make a moderate/healthy one!
  • Jen, there are actually many healthy, low cal options in those frozen yogurt shops, and they usually even have a "no sugar added" flavor that is ~80 cal for 4 oz. I usually do 5-6 oz. (about two "circles" of yogurt on the bottom of the smallest size container) topped with fresh fruit chunks and a Tbsp of granola, grated coconut or some mochi puffs. About 200 calories total.

Sorry about your chickens. I have to say, this is the first time I've ever heard of a modern-day person having the "fox in the hen house" problem. Guess it's no joke.
  • Jen, how did I miss you came in second?! There's someone faster than you?!

Sorry about the chickens Also that prize sounds like a bummer. I strongly prefer ice cream to frozen yogurt...
  • Quote: Jen, how did I miss you came in second?! There's someone faster than you?!

Sorry about the chickens Also that prize sounds like a bummer. I strongly prefer ice cream to frozen yogurt...
    dunno, Krampus, Frozen yogurt is pretty darn good.
  • Home at last ! Now to catch up on everything, starting with an 8 page homeowners insurance application.

Good Sunday all!

Dagmar