3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Maintainers Weekly Chat May 6 - May 12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/281098-maintainers-weekly-chat-may-6-may-12-a.html)

traveling michele 05-08-2013 10:26 AM

I forgot to mention my work challenges this week. It is teacher/staff appreciation week and our wonderful parents are appreciating us too much!!

Monday was breakfast. I was avoiding it like the plague (donuts and bagels) but a co-worker told me that when you get your breakfast they give you a Starbucks card. She took half a bagel so I did the same (in the trash for my half of a Costco bagel-- sorry).

Tuesday was "spa day". We each took a bag with different goodies in it. Mine had some lotions and good stuff and CANDY. I put the candy back into some other bags.

Today is "Thank you Lunch". I have no idea what that will be but I don't plan on partaking. It is so hard to refuse because the sweet parents will be in the break room handing us a plate when we come in. I will refuse politely--- anyone have a good excuse??? and get my lunch from the fridge.

Tomorrow is "Movie Goodies" ..... hmmm... popcorn and candy and movies? No idea.....

Friday is "Salad Bar Lunch"-- again-- I will either politely refuse or see if there is something healthy to supplement my lunch.....

krampus 05-08-2013 10:35 AM

Congrats on the house, Dagmar - hoping it is nothing other than some impacted poo and no surgery will be needed!

michele, what is going to be in the salad bar lunch? Maybe the Thank You lunch will have some OK items. I think it's semi-important to at least take a plate, even if you just move the food around.

bargoo 05-08-2013 10:52 AM

I agree with Krampus about taking a plate and just moving the food around, I don't think people are going to see if you actually eat the food that is on the plate, unless my Mother is there. I do that and sometimes just sit the plate down someplace but be sure I have something in my hand, a coffee cup or glass of water. Sure, people will try to push food on you but in truth they really don't care.

krampus 05-08-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bargoo (Post 4734626)
unless my Mother is there.

Cracking up right now! That's really funny!

ChrisMohr 05-08-2013 11:25 PM

Dagmar congrats on the house! And yes it's true most people don't care how much I eat at gatherings of any kind, even appreciative parents....

My opera performance in New York was one of the mlst amazing experiences of my life. Happy beyond words. Still happy back here in Denver!

Mudpie 05-09-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisMohr (Post 4735602)
Dagmar congrats on the house! And yes it's true most people don't care how much I eat at gatherings of any kind, even appreciative parents....

My opera performance in New York was one of the mlst amazing experiences of my life. Happy beyond words. Still happy back here in Denver!

I glad for you Chris. :bravo:

Dagmar :cool:

bargoo 05-09-2013 08:41 AM

Chris, congratulations on your success !

traveling michele 05-09-2013 10:13 AM

That's great Chris!! Glad you will have wonderful memories!!

Our provided lunch yesterday was Subway sandwiches and caesar salad (loaded with dressing) and cupcakes and cookies.... I took a few grapes. It wasn't too awkward.

I might be scheduling a coffee meeting at lunchtime tomorrow which would get me out of the Friday lunch issue.

I just realized tomorrow is Friday! I have so much to do. We are leaving for Spokane after work tomorrow which means I need to PACK tonight!!

Shannon in ATL 05-09-2013 10:29 AM

Congratulations Chris! I'm glad that it went well!

paperclippy 05-09-2013 11:23 AM

Everyone seems to be having such great achievements! Congrats on the house Dagmar, the opera Chris, and your son's achievements Allison! Also anyone else I missed!

Our girls are making really good progress. Here are some photos now that they have less equipment strapped all over them and are allowed to wear clothes. :)

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Edit - the photos don't quite seem to be working, you should be able to see them here.

The first photo is Cecilia and the second one is Allison. The nurses decided to dress them in the same outfit so it's a little hard to tell them apart. :) Allison is now off of all respiratory support! Cecilia is still on a little bit of help but it's the same kind that old folks get rather than any big machines or ventilators. Both of them are still getting tube feedings but they don't have IVs anymore. The doctor says we can make a first attempt at "non-nutritive" breast feeding today, which basically means that I pump first so they don't drown, then we try to get them to latch on and see if they can manage to breathe at the same time.

In other news I'm down about 30lbs from delivery (highest was around 205ish, today I was 173) with no effort so far. 40lbs to go, but it's not my priority right now.

Shannon in ATL 05-09-2013 11:28 AM

Hi Jessica! They look fantastic!

bargoo 05-09-2013 11:33 AM

Jessica, thanks for the update. Two beautiful baby girls ! Now, that is an achievement !

ICUwishing 05-09-2013 01:08 PM

Jessica, I can't see pics here at work, but I will definitely check them out tonight! So glad to hear that everything is going well!

Dagmar - major congrats on the house!

Chris, you sound absolutely over-the-moon, and that's as it should be! How incredibly awesome to see your creation come to life!

Me, I am looking happily ahead to tonight, when I expect to get a whole bunch of bad news. Yep, that's right. Tonight I go for a pre-training program fitness assessment, which is going to include body mass breakdowns as well as strength and flexibility metrics. I expect to fail pretty miserably and I'm okay with that, because there's post-assessment in mid August, which will be substantially better. Challenge ACCEPTED!

traveling michele 05-09-2013 01:09 PM

Glad to hear they're doing well Jessica!! How cute with the little hairbrush.

Mudpie 05-09-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traveling michele (Post 4736218)
Glad to hear they're doing well Jessica!! How cute with the little hairbrush.

That's what I thought too. I think you mentioned your DH was going to stay at home with the girls Jessica? He already seems to be quite good at taking care of them.

Dagmar :)