Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 04-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #16  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Yes, and I thought we had a member named Ennay who was a Boston Marathon qualifier several years back, and ran in it.

Wondering about her, though I don't recall if she has posted recently. This was when I was active in more parts of the site than I am now, when I'm mostly in the Maintainers' Forum.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I remember Ennay, and I know we have many marathoners but don't know if they run in Boston. What a tragic day I hope those who are injured will recover , fully. My heart goes out to the families of those who died.
Just learned Davis had a running club at Boston, all have been accounted for and are OK. Sacramento had runners, also, I have heard that one is OK , don't know about the others.

Last edited by bargoo; 04-15-2013 at 08:34 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:42 PM   #18  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

We're fine - as are the kids and their partners.

Information is still sketchy.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:28 PM   #19  
Workin' It

I haven't seen Ennay in a while. I do know two ran today from here in Atlanta, both are okay. One didn't get to finish. I'm heart broken by this. What should have been a special day, a celebration of achievement for so many, was stolen and shattered.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:13 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
I haven't seen Ennay in a while. I do know two ran today from here in Atlanta, both are okay. One didn't get to finish. I'm heart broken by this. What should have been a special day, a celebration of achievement for so many, was stolen and shattered.
Just read about this - glad you and yours are OK Bill. And I'm so sorry for all the people who were killed and injured. What a horrific thing.

Dagmar
Mudpie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:21 AM   #21  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Bill, thanks for checking in to let us know you are okay. I have a few friends in Boston who don't use Facebook much and I admit that I have been worried that none of them have checked in there, but I'm not sure how else to contact them. I'm sure they have already checked in with their families, and have more important things to worry about than posting on Facebook, but it would be nice to hear from them.

atmos, sorry about your grandfather.

Allison, good luck to your DS at UCI! I did a summer internship on that campus once, and other than having some trouble with parking it was very nice. Hope you can get your dishwasher fixed. (Also, FWIW, I have an all-wheel drive car, but luckily when I've damaged a tire it's either been patchable or I was due for new tires anyway.)
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:02 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
Ummm, Michele? Why did you need monsoon tires? What kind of car is this?

They're not monsoon tires, just tires with some extra traction. Arizona is so dry that when it rains they have flash floods. The car is a Toyota RAV 4.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:09 AM   #23  
Workin' It

LOL I was having all kinds of weird tire pictures in my head.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:48 PM   #24  
Chuggin' along...

Hi all,

I'm trying to wrap my brain around what happened in Boston yesterday. How terrible and senseless. My heart goes out to the victims and their families.

I had a sad weekend, for no particular reason. I was just in a really big funk and letting small things get to me more than they should. Yesterday was a beautiful day and we finally had beautiful weather to go out on the boat for work, and that helped my mood a lot. At least I was productive and got a lot of house cleaning and small chores that I'd let pile up done over the weekend, and didn't eat my feelings. Actually not eating my feelings was a big victory. Little pat on the back for that.

Yesterday I saw two bald eagles chasing and bullying an osprey to give up his catch (I was too far below to see it - perhaps a fish?). The poor osprey finally gave it up and the eagles left him alone. I think eagles are faster, but ospreys are more maneuverable. Eagles are mean - this isn't the first time I've seen it! But it is neat.

Alison, GL to DS! Glad he's all settled. Also, regarding:
Quote:
Did I mention my disdain for doing dishes by hand?
Isn't that what children are for? Sorry your almost new dishwasher has died, but I'm glad for you that it's still under warranty.

Jessica, donuts are the devil. Why must people bring them into work constantly? They are so hard to resist. Maybe if you're having days where you don't bring good food of your own, you should keep more healthful snacks in your drawer just in case you need an emergency snack. Or you could ask DH to start packing you massive lunches again like he was doing when you first got pregnant, lol.

Atmos, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather's passing. And car trouble is no fun, either. If I was you I'd be arguing with the dealership about covering that brake. Irish dance class sounds fun. Do you have a lot of dance experience or is this a new hobby?
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Isn't that what children are for?
But he's studying to take seven AP tests next month!

He'd certainly help if I asked. The worst part was all the dishes from the night before that were loaded in the dishwasher thinking it was working fine. I really didn't discover the big problem until the morning after so there was a lot of dried on stuff that required elbow grease to remove. Dishes washed as soon as you're done using them isn't nearly as big a problem. But DS was at his friend's house studying after school, so I had to tackle the whole thing myself.

And it didn't help to come home to a mess made by Misty the dog! She found a poster in DS's room (still in the mailing tube) from UC Riverside. He didn't want it and hadn't bothered to throw it all in the recycling bin. Anyway, she found it and obviously had quite a lot of fun with it. It was torn in pieces and she wasn't quite done when I got home. Boy was she excited to show me her new toy until I said "what did you do?" At that, she promptly dropped what was left of the tube and cowered (more proof that she was probably abused). Of course, I don't hit my animals! So I just went on and on with "what did you do?" so she'd know she had done bad.

Here's a photo of some of the mess (about 1/3 of it): Guilty dog.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:32 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You mean she didn't try to blame it on the cat ?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #27  
slow and steady

LOL Allison, while I was called in to a meeting at work today (working from home) Carter started getting freaked out by stormy weather and right in front of me grabbed a roll of paper towels and started ripping it up. (Obviously I took it away from him.) Now it's still storming so he's wandering around whining and shivering, and then inexplicably he's pawing at the door to go outside. I think getting worked up makes him have to pee or poo or something, but he's afraid to do it once he gets outside, so now I have to get shoes and a jacket to go out there with him.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
You mean she didn't try to blame it on the cat ?
The cat was obviously amused!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #29  
slow and steady

LOL Allison, while I was called in to a meeting at work today (working from home) Carter started getting freaked out by stormy weather and right in front of me grabbed a roll of paper towels and started ripping it up. (Obviously I took it away from him.) Now it's still storming so he's wandering around whining and shivering, and then inexplicably he's pawing at the door to go outside. I think getting worked up makes him have to pee or poo or something, but he's afraid to do it once he gets outside, so now I have to get shoes and a jacket to go out there with him. Basically I open the door for him, he runs out into the yard, then runs right back in again.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #30  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
The cat was obviously amused!
Clearly. That cat is smirking knowingly and is about to suggest that the dog take a Valium or something.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote