No foolin' around - Maintainers moving in April!

You're on Page 7 of 9
Go to
  • April 22: P90X Kenpo (60 minutes)
    45 minutes weight lifting (legs)
  • Quote: April 21: back to back Bikram Yoga classes: 2 classes at 95 minutes each- 190 minutes

Totals:
    23 workouts
    2311 minutes
    April 22: 95 minutes Bikram Yoga-- was going to go to the gym instead but I was very sore in weird places so I wanted to stretch out rather than lift weights.

Totals:
    24 workouts
    2406 minutes
  • Tuesday, April 23:

60 minutes on the Stairmaster, resistance at nine, aerobic intervals, left me dripping sweat.

Usually I do pushups and bench presses on Tuesday mornings, but my shoulder still feels tender from yesterday's injury and I don't want to mess with it.

So I was overcompensating ... and upset over the scale reading this morning.
  • April 22:
    -10 min spin bike warmup, pullups, dips, DB shoulder press, cable tricep pulldowns, DB lying tricep extensions, bicep curls and high pulls w/barbell
    -40 min Pilates mat class

April 23:
    -20 min 9.5/4.0 mph intervals on treadmill, total 2.25 miles
  • April 23: 7 miles running (54:45)
    45 minutes weight lifting (chest, triceps, shoulders)
  • Quote: April 22: 95 minutes Bikram Yoga-- was going to go to the gym instead but I was very sore in weird places so I wanted to stretch out rather than lift weights.

Totals:
    24 workouts
    2406 minutes
    April 23: 95 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
    25 workouts
    2501 minutes
  • Wednesday, April 24th:

45 minute spin class with weight intervals
    60 minutes shoulders, chest & triceps. When I tried to do bench tricep dips and those pushups where your hands are way back & right up against your sides -- I think of them as yoga pushups or "danda" -- my arm practically gave way underneath me. The thing that I hurt on Monday morning is my front delt. I'm gonna rest it again tomorrow.
  • April 24: P90X Plyometrics (60 mins)
    45 minutes weight lifting (back) - Did my FIRST unassisted pull up. But I can only do 1 at a time!
  • Quote: Did my FIRST unassisted pull up. But I can only do 1 at a time!
    YESSS!!!! [Doing the wave for Jen.]

This is one of my goals, so I know what this can mean as a physical achievement.

For me, it may not happen for a couple more months. I'm still getting stronger. Also if I dropped some weight, that would help.

Friday is when I do assisted pullups. I may have to skip them this week. Tomorrow I'm trying to rest my anterior deltoid (that's what's hurting me) after straining it, even with a trainer watching ... and moments after he'd talked about how delicate the shoulders are. We'll see how I feel Friday morning.
  • Thanks Saef!! I've been able to do unassisted chin-ups for a while, but pull-ups have been a no go! In an attempt to get my back muscles more defined, I've been working hard on assisted pull-ups and last night FINALLY managed to get my chin over the bar without help!

I am sore today, so I agree with resting when your body tells you to! Let me know when you are able to do an unassisted one!!

Jen
  • Quote: April 23: 95 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
    25 workouts
    2501 minutes
    April 24: 95 minutes Bikram Yoga

Not sure what I'm going to do today. Might change it up.....

Totals:
    26 workouts
    2596 minutes
  • WOWOWOWOWOW, that's amazing Jen! So exciting!

I left work 3 hrs early yesterday after a lunchtime run with my BF outside and sub sandwiches at a picnic table in the sunshine. Pfffft. I am an administrative professional and yesterday was Administrative Professionals' Day, so what better way to celebrate than to leave work early?

April 24: 2.5-3? mile jog at lunch, then walked maybe 5 miles from BF's house across the river, to a park (Peebles Island!) and back.

April 25 AM: DB bench press, barbell pendlay rows, deadlifts (moved weight up to 155# - DL my most recent "heavy" self!), tried front squats w/barbell and did one set of OHP. I forgot sneakers but had hiking boots handy - they are WAY better on lifting days than my running sneakers!
  • Thursday, April 25th:

60 minutes on lightweight Life Fitness elliptical, which I didn't like much, alternating forward & backward, resistance at 10. This hotel had a fabulous gym but not a particularly good model of the elliptical, even though it was brand new

Also hamstring curls and leg curls, and that thing where you hold a barbell in one hand and pull upright with your abs
  • April 25: 7.1 mile run (54:03)
    45 minutes working core
    10 minutes foam rolling
  • April 25 PM:
    -12 min on stair stepper
    -Leg press 4 x 5 215#, lat pulldown 5 x 5 120, 115, 110, 110, 110#, leg raises 5 x 5 150#, bent over DB row 5 x 7 40# (haha), situps catching exercise ball (some friends were there too), cable tricep pulldowns 3 x 8 80#