3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Maintainers Weekly Chat Jan 14 - Jan 20 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/273360-maintainers-weekly-chat-jan-14-jan-20-a.html)

bargoo 01-20-2013 01:40 PM

Dagmar, I wondered about that Turkish dog, too. Why hasn't she arranged to have the dog spend his first few days here with his new owner? I think the way she has arranged it will only add to the dogs confusion. In the US we have thousands of dogs that need new homes, we don't have to go out of the country to find one.

Mudpie 01-21-2013 05:51 AM

bargoo Sorry I've been unclear about the situation. The Turkish dog is being fostered by my client and she will be trying to place the dog in a new home. I will walk the dog while she is being fostered and, if she gets a home in our area, then I might continue walking her for her new owners.

My client's scheduling went to heck - she did plan on spending the day at home with the dog after it arrives. But work changed and now she's in meetings all day. She didn't know how disorienting the plane journey would be for the dog - she is not really a "dog" person. But she did as I asked and found someone who can spend the day with Bulut. I will meet the dog in the evening and suggest what should happen the next days, depending on my assessment of her.

Dagmar :dizzy:

bargoo 01-21-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudpie (Post 4600031)
bargoo Sorry I've been unclear about the situation. The Turkish dog is being fostered by my client and she will be trying to place the dog in a new home. I will walk the dog while she is being fostered and, if she gets a home in our area, then I might continue walking her for her new owners.

My client's scheduling went to heck - she did plan on spending the day at home with the dog after it arrives. But work changed and now she's in meetings all day. She didn't know how disorienting the plane journey would be for the dog - she is not really a "dog" person. But she did as I asked and found someone who can spend the day with Bulut. I will meet the dog in the evening and suggest what should happen the next days, depending on my assessment of her.

Dagmar :dizzy:

I may have been confused I thought she was going to be the new owner. For now it sounds like you will be the stabilizing influence for this dog.
One more question , why is she bringing this dog from Turkey ? I know for a fact that there are thousands of dogs looking for homes in North America.

Mudpie 01-21-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bargoo (Post 4600127)
I may have been confused I thought she was going to be the new owner. For now it sounds like you will be the stabilizing influence for this dog.
One more question , why is she bringing this dog from Turkey ? I know for a fact that there are thousands of dogs looking for homes in North America.

We are all wondering why she's bringing the dog all the way from Turkey. I have been looking at rescues (for my own future dog) and there are many, many deserving animals just in my home province. I will find out the whole story Thursday night when I meet the dog.

Dagmar :sunny: