Maintainers Moving in January....

You're on Page 7 of 10
Go to
  • January 20: 6 mile run on the treadmill (52:28)
    16 miles on the stationary recumbent bike (54:43)
    10 minutes stretching
    10 minutes foam rolling
  • Monday, Jan. 21st:

60 minutes elliptical, resistance at nine, random intervals, alternating backward & forward
    60 minutes Pilates mat class, which I never get to, because I'm working at 9:30 AM. But I took a half-day for Martin Luther King Day, just as a break.
  • Quote: January 18: 90 minutes Bikram yoga

January 19: 65 minutes Spin class in the morning, 90 minutes Bikram Yoga in the afternoon

Totals:
    20 workouts
    1735 minutes
    January 20: Zumba class in the morning (60 minutes), 95 minutes Bikram Yoga in the afternoon

Totals:
    22 workouts
    1890 minutes
  • January 21: 60 minutes weight lifting (Legs)
    P90X Kenpo (58 minutes)
  • Jan. 21: 40 min dog walk, power class; also about 30 min chasing the dog around the neighborhood when she escaped ...
  • Tuesday, Jan. 22:

30 minutes Stairmaster stepmill, the usual, and so very hard to get through. I was gasping toward the end.
    60 minutes chest, shoulders and triceps routine
    30 minutes back on the Stairmaster, so much easier. Does it really take me that long to warm up?
  • Quote: Jan. 21: 40 min dog walk, power class; also about 30 min chasing the dog around the neighborhood when she escaped ...
    Oh my!! Glad you caught her!
  • Quote: January 20: Zumba class in the morning (60 minutes), 95 minutes Bikram Yoga in the afternoon

Totals:
    22 workouts
    1890 minutes
    January 21: 45 minute walk with a friend; 60 minutes Body Pump class, 30 minutes strength training class

Totals:
    24 workouts
    2025 minutes
  • Jan 18 PM: Epic weights/cardio for over an hour. Forget exactly which.
    Jan 19: 25 min arc trainer, 3 x 10 squats with 40 lb KB, 5 min rowing
    Jan 20: off
    Jan 21: 22 min HIIT on treadmill, leg press 5 x 5 at 180#, lat pulldown, DB bench press. Some annoying dude told me I had too much weight on the lat pulldown when I failed at rep #3 or 4. Thanks guy.
    Jan 22: 12 min stair stepper sprints, 15 min on elliptical. I'm sick but still want to hit it again in the evening. On a roll!
  • 1/21: rest day
  • Quote: Oh my!! Glad you caught her!
    Thanks - I had help from my neighbor who came out with her dog, causing mine to stop running. Then she lured her onto her deck with smelly treats and cornered her. Otherwise I might still be out there.

Jan. 22: 23 min elliptical, spin class, 40 min dog walk
  • January 22: P90X Core Synergistic (58 mins)
    6 mile run treadmill (51:56)
    10 minutes foam rolling
  • Quote: January 21: 45 minute walk with a friend; 60 minutes Body Pump class, 30 minutes strength training class

Totals:
    24 workouts
    2025 minutes
    January 22: 90 minutes Bikram Yoga

totals:
    25 workouts
    2115 minutes

Workout debate question-- I'll see if any of you have an opinion. I'm weighing in this Saturday and am really trying to up my workouts to hopefully shave a pound or two off by then. Last Thursday I thought I would go to Zumba from 4-5, grab a salad, then go to Bikram Yoga from 6:30-8:00 (would have gotten there about 6). I went to Zumba, then got the salad, decided I was full and freezing (from sweating in Zumba), so I went home. So, my debate is for this Thursday....
    Do I
    a. try a version of last week but this time go home and clean up quickly and have a small bite to eat rather than a meal and then go to yoga?
    b. do back to back yoga classes with having a small break and snack in between?

I'm leaning towards B because I'm afraid if I go home I won't want to go back out and if I'm at yoga, I'll stay there..... But, I really like Zumba......

I guess C would be to go to Zumba, go to Yoga and take a shower there before the class starts and have a snack as well???
  • 1/23: Going to be a rest day. Chest cough.
  • Quote: Do I
    a. try a version of last week but this time go home and clean up quickly and have a small bite to eat rather than a meal and then go to yoga?
    b. do back to back yoga classes with having a small break and snack in between?

I'm leaning towards B because I'm afraid if I go home I won't want to go back out and if I'm at yoga, I'll stay there..... But, I really like Zumba......

I guess C would be to go to Zumba, go to Yoga and take a shower there before the class starts and have a snack as well???
    Hmmm... Well in my opinion it's always good to mix things up, so I would like to do the Zumba followed by the Yoga rather then 2 yogas. But I know what you mean about going home and then not wanting to head back out. If you have an ability to take a shower after Zumba and having your snack before Yoga, that's what I would do, because you would warm back up and not be so tempted to head home.