Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 12-21-2012, 10:22 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Congrats Bargoo!!!!!!! Well done!

Bill-- you're a hoot! I was bemoaning yesterday that every time I walk in the break room and bypass the cookies, fudge, candy, yada yada, I should automatically lose a pound. My body should KNOW the sacrifices I'm making during the holidays.

Saef-- I hear you on the rigidity. I skipped my holiday party yesterday. It would have been almost impossible for me to make it as I had to pick up dd, let dogs out, etc. The party was from 3:30-5:30 and I wouldn't have gotten there until 5:00 at the earliest. A fairly large part of me was relieved though. I went to a late yoga class and ate an on plan dinner. I was quite anxious about the alternatives.

I've tried to work on my rigidity this year. On January 1, I weighed 120.0. Today I was 126.2. I'm not happy about the gains I've had this year (5-10 pounds depending on the day). I'm trying to figure out if it was BECAUSE I tried to lessen my rigidity and give myself a little more freedom. Or maybe I'm just looking for an excuse. Either way, I want to be solidly under my redline for 2013 (of 125). I'm also still debating my post in the 2013 thread.

I came to work and my system was down. Well played Mayans. It's back up so I guess I have to work. My last day of the year--- kids have been wild all week-- it's rainy and windy today-- they should be maniacs.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:08 AM   #122  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

way to go, bargoo!

I am also very rigid in my routines and scared to jump the tracks. If it's raining and I can't walk the dog - disaster! If one of the kids gets sick and I have to stay home - ditto! Something to work on.

I stepped on the scale after avoiding it for a couple of weeks and I was pleasantly surprised. I have done better about my tendency to stick my head in the sand when things aren't going well, but it's one of my goals for 2013 to keep weighing myself. No one has to know the number but me (although today's number is about 15 pounds lower than Jan. 1, so yay).
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:15 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

wardhog, congratulations on your loss. Good job.
ward, re sticking your head in the sand, my attitude is,if I don't look maybe it will go away.PS it doesn't work but that is my tendency the other is ,if I think I won't like the answer, I don't ask the question. That doesn't work either.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #124  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

It is a festival of diabeetus downstairs. I am going to have a very small lunch and have a couple cookies. I will NOT use it as an excuse to stuff myself with cookies the day before my birthday party tomorrow when there will be pictures and people watching (we are playing a Christmas concert in our living room once everyone is adequately intoxicated/relaxed).
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #125  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
On Dec 12, 2007 I reached goal . On 12-21-07 I weighed in at 120.2 today 5 years later I weighed in at 117.2.
I feel pretty good about it , too, and am not ashamed to admit it.
saweet!

happy everything ladies and gents

i will update my ticker. been here for a coupla months or so. feel the looks, and know they (fill in the they with various people) are talking. but im pretty ok. and love being this thin.

Last edited by kittycat40; 12-21-2012 at 12:31 PM.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #126  

Happy Birthday Krampus!!!

I thought I avoided the holiday party yesterday and see it followed me to work and brought friends! All of the leftover goodies are in the staff room and I'm going into a diabetic coma just smelling them. Plus the students are giving me presents-- so far cookies, candies, more cookies, more candies. One student gave me the same present as she did last year-- a giant Toblerone bar-- that one is calling to me.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #127  
needs constant reminding

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post
Happy Birthday Krampus!!!

I thought I avoided the holiday party yesterday and see it followed me to work and brought friends! All of the leftover goodies are in the staff room and I'm going into a diabetic coma just smelling them. Plus the students are giving me presents-- so far cookies, candies, more cookies, more candies. One student gave me the same present as she did last year-- a giant Toblerone bar-- that one is calling to me.
I must have missed it--- Happy Birthday Krampus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you have a wonderful day, holiday season, celebration.

Michele, how giant is your tobler?? Yum
I was mailed 6 pints of highly amazing ice cream, as a holiday gift. It has been waiting in the fridge and calling to me for the past 3 days. This afternoon, I unloaded much of it with an "ice cream party" for my kids' friends. And I had several of the flavors- best to move that stuff out of the house asap

I think I will be here frequently in the next few days. We will be home. I am so happy to be in my own space. (And work on decluttering it)

Wishing everyone peace joy and that little bit of extra oomph in avoiding the sugar devil.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #128  

Mailed ice cream?? That's a new one!
Basically my toblerone is 6 big bars put together-- for a total of 1 pound, 5 oz!

I'm trying to let go of my rigidity as my plans are changing.... dh was going to fly to Spokane today. He was going to drive to SFO, to return Sunday with dd, pick up his car and come home. He realized this morning that he and dd are flying into Oakland on Sunday, hence he shouldn't leave a car at SFO. So, he took the BART to SFO (he hates the BART)-- it took two hours. Then he got there and his flight was cancelled. He was put on a later flight and it was cancelled. So, now he's back on the BART for another two hours and I have to go retrieve him. He will hopefully fly out tomorrow (but the weather still looks bad then). I was going to go to yoga tonight but now I'm doubting that will happen. UGH
Old 12-21-2012, 08:04 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

My DD is flying to Seattle as I type. She had "ordered" long term parking at LAX (didn't know you could do that--and she prepaid at least the deposit). She arrived and due to all the cancelled flights there was no room in the lot. She was directed to another lot 20 minutes away. No room. She finally got online and found another lot, but she isn't sure she'll get a refund from the original lot because she had to reserve the lot she is in with another company.

I'm so glad I live in a small town!

Michele~does BART go from SFO down to Berkeley? My DS has applied there and it's his first choice so if he's accepted, I'm thinking that will be his best route for travel back and forth to the desert here. I remember taking BART from downtown to SFO years ago. It felt weird sitting on it with my suitcase!

Weather here is still rather cool, but we're still panning on three days of golf!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:35 AM   #130  

Allison, Oakland Airport is 15 miles from Berkeley, SFO is 25 miles from Berkeley. You can take BART from Berkeley to Oakland Airport.

Last edited by bargoo; 12-22-2012 at 07:43 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:15 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Unlike saef I have no problem "jumping the tracks". I do so much less often than in the past but sometimes circumstances catch up with me and off I go.

I have had a bad head cold for the last 2 days so it's been harder to get through all the last minute work stuff. I managed but was feeling very exhausted and spent.

Last night I decorated the tree. Usually I do this with Christmas music playing and it's one of the highlights of the holiday for me. This time I felt sick and tired and sad. So I decided to drink a glass of wine to feel better. 3 glasses later DH came home from his solstice celebrations and joined me. I had also been eating chocolate and other treats given to me by clients. After another glass of wine I staggered off to bed.

So today I have to run all of my errands not only with a head cold but with alcohol and sugar hangovers.

I know better. My sleep will be disturbed for about 3-4 days now so I will feel tired and sick throughout Christmas. I can be really stoopid sometimes. I've known for close to 25 years that alcohol and I don't do well together. But I keep thinking "maybe this time I can feel happy and relaxed like other people do when they drink". Not gonna happen.

I will try to make a point of remembering this next holiday season so I can actually have a good holiday.

Off to do the errands.

Dagmar (smilie of me banging my head against a wall)
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:15 AM   #132  

Happy Brthday, Krampus !!!!!
Old 12-22-2012, 10:41 AM   #133  
needs constant reminding

Dagmar- sounds sucky. I like to drink but really have to watch. One should always be enough for me, but even that has some impact on me.

Aging is a biatch.

For me, it's come along with aging... it always boils down to remembering what I now know.

Last edited by kittycat40; 12-22-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:48 AM   #134  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post
I was bemoaning yesterday that every time I walk in the break room and bypass the cookies, fudge, candy, yada yada, I should automatically lose a pound.
Exactly how I feel. Maybe I should carry the scale with me so it can see the sacrifices I'm making.

Finally got around to getting some stocking stuffers - my job. I get emails suggesting iPods for stocking stuffers. I get cough drops, LOL. And one serving containers of soup. Had to go to Whole Foods to get the tree nuts for the kids stockings - no one else around here is selling them by the pound. I only need six of each kind. Still need a tangerine (or equivalent) for the bottom - just before the five gold-colored dollar coins in the toe. There are traditions not to be meddled with.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:50 PM   #135  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Bill, I used to get a big navel orange in the toe of my stocking. And my grandmother would always tell me what a big deal it was when she was a child to receive an orange at Christmas. In Upstate NY, just before the first World War, this was apparently a luxury and a worthy Christmas gift for good children.

As for me, I liked Slim Jims, apricot fruit leather, and always, always, one of these

saef is offline   Reply With Quote