3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Maintainers update check in thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/264224-maintainers-update-check-thread.html)

evilwomaniamshe 08-07-2012 02:27 PM

Maintainers update check in thread

I thought I would start a maintainers update thread & maybe other maintainers will follow suit & let peeps know how things are going for them periodically 'specially if they are like me and not around much. I think many peeps ASSUME that once we leave here, that we have gotten FAT & SASSY, but that is NOT the case for ME.....
Ok, here goes...... Hiya peeps :wave: just wanted to check in & update my ticker & I see I had a few pm's, so I thought I would let everyone know that YES, I'm still maintaining 5 years + 6 months later, despite NOT being around at all just incase anybody else ever wonders about me, here are my latest deets! I have just moved on to more important things, LIFE in general is super busy for me, running 2 businesses & enjoying life & traveling keeps me beyond busy! :)

Both my tennis elbow & golfers elbow have FINALLY left the building which makes me a happy camper! Dealing with soft tissue injuries for 2.5 years was a long ordeal that truly sucked! I have been doing 25 # wrist curls (both forward & reverse curls) 3 times daily as part of my physical therapy since March & I have powerful forearms now, so hopefully neither of these injuries re-appear. I'm looking forward to resume my actual weightlifting again, (not just wrist curls) yippee! :strong:

I still continue eating 80% healthy stuff & 20% not so healthy mixed in for sanity sakes which is a good balance for me. I'm living & loving LIFE & I take some ME time daily & workout whether it be rollerblading, power walking, kickboxing, recumbent bike or mountain biking in addition to starting to play summer sports league again too w/ my FAVE sand volleyball! Speaking of that, anybody watch the Olympics & the sand volleyballers? Those are some AWESOME athletes, I play on a team of 4 in summer on sand courts, so two to a team is truly awe worthy! I also play fall/winter league 6 players to a team in a gym, plus a co-ed league. Yeah I'm still a very active individual. It's funny because I still feel like a teenager, but I recently turned 45 & I'm still sporting short shorts & racerback tank tops which really show off my toned legs & back. Just like my avatar states I can give a punch & certainly take one too if needed!

Todays weight 147, I'm still in the maintenance zone even if I am on the higher end but I am more than OK with that, since I have added on some mass & I must say my look is even more @sskicky now! Is that even a word???? According to my husband, YES it is & he calls it like he see's it! LOL, gotta love him & I do, he tells me I sure look @sskicky! :joker:

Foodwise, I have acquired a taste for avocado, OMG I eat it twice a day now as my good for me fat, oh so creamy, LOVE it!!! I've been eating a DQ blizzard every other week all summer long, dbl fudge cookie dough is my guiltless pleasure when I want a chocolate fix, yum! :drool: To me this calorie bomb is worth it, my taste buds are as happy as I am while eating it! Besides with all the healthy things I consume each day/week/month, it certainly balances out a blizzard (my splurge of choice as of late) every 2 weeks, so yuppers all is still sa-weet on the 20% front!

Over and out. Until next time..... :wave:
Evilwomaniamshe aka ~Wendalyn

JayEll 08-07-2012 06:32 PM

Hey Wendalyn! :wave:

Well, I AM fat... that's all there is to it. Sassy, I don't know about. Probably only around here, but who knows. IRL my friends don't tell and I don't ask.

Yep, I'm FAT, I'm just like all those thousands, millions of people who did really well and kept the weight off for a couple years and then started to slide. It was a long, slow slide... More like a drag... I left claw marks all the way... Not sure what I'll try next. Been looking into different things.

Noticed your sig line about how exercise and weightlifting "make you look good naked." Nope--not me. I'm never gonna look good naked. And that's just the truth. The good news? It doesn't matter anymore. Age does have its benefits. ;)

Glad to hear you're doing well. Hope to hear from more of those who have moved on.

Jay

Shannon in ATL 08-08-2012 12:55 PM

Good to hear from you Wendalyn! I think of you often, as a lot of my snack options these days came from some of your posts. :) Glad that you are doing so well!

neurodoc 08-08-2012 10:34 PM

Add me to the chorus that says welcome; really glad to know you're doing well (though I sort of figured that; once you've got the hang of maintenance, regular check-ins are not so important). I too have lots of other life activities that get in the way of posting here regularly. UNLIKE you though, I'm still not as good at this maintenance thing as I'd like. I find if I let the food logging drop, I head quickly down the slippery slope of too many calories, and weight creep sets in. I also do better when I at least READ this board regularly (writing on it is optional, but I've been trying to do that too).

It's funny that so many of us on this board are in our 40s (I'm 46). I tried for several decades to lose weight and get fit but succeeded only for brief spurts until my mid 30s, and then "blew it" by having babies and not losing the weight after each pregnancy. It took until age 43 (when my youngest was 3), to finally get to a mental place where consistency was possible and to lose the dreaded "all or nothing" thinking that was my downfall in the past. Just like you say, an ice-cream sundae, however caloric, should be a guiltless pleasure if you do it once every other week, and not as an excuse to then go and pig out for the next 3 days.

Good on you. Take care and have fun.

Lori Bell 08-10-2012 02:30 PM

Hi Wendalyn! Good to hear from you and super glad you are looking @sskicky! Oh and yeah, gotta LOVE those sanity Blizzards, though I have to limit mine to once a month and only IF I am under 145. My blizzard of choice is the Heath. OMG, LOVE THEM, and totally worth the calories IMHO!!

I don't post all that much these days because like you, I am crazy busy. It's wonderful to have the energy and the stamina to be so active, and I'm loving life. Even though I *itch and moan that I can't keep up the pace, I keep adding things to my list of "to dos" and loving the outcome. I turned 47 a few weeks ago and feel younger than I did 20 years ago. That's a good thing!

This morning I weighed in at 145. Hoping to get back to 140 by Labor day, just so I'll be at a lower weight by the time the holidays kick in.

Oh, I won 4 blue ribbons (first place), and one red ribbon, (2nd place) at the county fair this week! Yippee. I also received a purple, (outstanding in class) for a wildflower arrangement. My salsa and elderberry jelly came in 1st. It's the first time I've ever entered anything and now I'm hooked! :)

Work starts Monday, so I'll be back to getting up at 4am...ugh, I dread going back to the grind, but I did get a promotion and a raise and now I'm the head cook at the school. Yay for lunch ladies!! Sometime I would like to start a thread about the current school lunch program, but I'm wondering if it would be considered political since all of the resent changes have come about by the current administration. There are good and bad points all around. Oh well, maybe another time.

Well, that's my life in a nutshell. 3 years and 2 months of maintaince under my belt and planning to make it for the long haul!

Bright Angel 08-10-2012 09:09 PM

I'm still here, and still posting frequently on my DietHobby blog.
I've continued working very hard to maintain my large weight-loss.
This past year I'm 5 to 7 lbs heavier while eating and exercising very much the same,
but I'm still within the "normal" border (just barely).
I was hoping that after 5 years at or near my goal weight,
maintenance would be easier,
but this has not happened for me.
I still have to struggle daily to eat less than I want,
in order to keep from regaining ALL of my past weight.
Those interested in my maintenance details can see them at my .com website, DietHobby.

losermom 08-11-2012 11:51 AM

I'm still around too! It's great to hear from all who continue to "fight the good fight" that is maintenance! I weighed in at 134 this morning. I'm coming back down after getting a little too crazy with the food. I find that I am much more social over the summer months--we tend to hibernate during the winter months here and I seem to spend that time cooking tons of healthy foods. As long as I continue to cook more at home, my weight generally stays in check.

I just started adding in jump-roping to my exercise rotation, along with jogging with my dog, weight training and light yoga. Man, that is a workout!

My family keeps me busy. My mom has had some ongoing health issues that I need to stay on her about and DD25 had some unexpected and scary seizures in mid-June that freaked everyone out! DS17 is heading into his Senior year of HS so we're having pics taken, final college tours, college apps--you get the picture! This kid is the classic underachiever, and while I love him like crazy, I need to get him ready for college. The kid is smart but seems to think that turning in homework is optional. And tests, he doesn't' study and still gets A-Bs on them, but his lack of homework follow through pulls his GPA way down. He's killin' me! My mother reminds me that he's a good kid and at least he's not smokin' dope on the corner. I keep thinking that at 49, my life may slow down but clearly that is not the case!

Karen925 08-21-2012 10:49 AM

Howdy,
I weighed in today at 128#. Right in the middle of my maintenance range. I have been experimenting with JUDDD since November 2011 and I have found good results from it. I do not have my WOE rely on exercise to keep me trim, food choices do that. I am very thankful that this has been my approach as I have not been able to exercise for 3 months due to eye surgery. I had several summer trips with delightful eating accomplying them. The largest gain was a 10# bump up after a week at the beach, to be followed by the following week of losing said weight. I get on the scale, no hiding, and get back to business of healthy eating "for me".

I weigh myself (when at home) and my food every day and record the same in my journal. Occasionally, I data mine my calorie/carb counts looking for causative and not associative results. I have done this since Oct 2009.

I know maintaining this amount of weight loss is rarely done. I guard this success carefully. I have no illusion of ever being an intuitive eater. Nor do I need to be one to have a healthy body. IF, however has made it easier for me at this time. I do not think I need to have found an answer "forever". An eating solution today will do and if/when weight starts to creep up, I will then adjust accordingly, if I want to. I read regularly on health, research, strategies, etc... I enjoy a wide range of forums to this end.

I do not post often for a variety of reasons but I did want to check in on this thread. Several posters from 3FC were very helpful to me in the beginning of my weight loss and I hope they have the success that I currently enjoy. I think of them fondly. Shopping is a blast. I have a golden tan, something I never ever thought was possible for me, shapely legs, people ask my advice on health matters. It is worth the "hard" of maintaining.

Shannon in ATL 08-21-2012 11:40 AM

Karen & Bright Angel - I love your weight range maintenence plan graph in your signature. How did you make it? How do I copy it? :)

Karen925 08-21-2012 09:24 PM

My son used Excel filling in the boxes with color. He then saved it as a jpeg. It is nice. Thanks for noticing.
Karen

evilwomaniamshe 09-07-2012 11:36 AM

Hiya maintainers, twas nice hearing from a handful of us anyways that are still around and resurface occasionally, woo hoo way/weigh to MAINTAIN young ladies! :)
I do believe all those that have posted on this thread are all in our 40's and above except probably Shannon of course! :)
That is kinda interesting, no?

Jaye-
I'm sending you some cyber huggeroo's!!!!!!!!! Sorry to hear you are NOT where you prefer to be weight wise, that has got to be sucky! :( But on the bright side, you haven't gained it all back & are maintaining some loss obviously yet, so be happy about that Jaye, a part time maintainer trumps a full fledge regainer! And having a weight range that is larger than most has got to be easier to maintain too! ;) Try to remember weight does not defy us, we are so much more than our weight, or what a damn # on a F-ing scale says we are or some BMI. Women tend to be our own worse critic & are always beating ourselves up, which is ridiculous, I say enough already, F-that! Are you healthy even though your weight is higher than you'd like?
Also, try to think of the excess as a positive Jaye, as it probably fills out the wrinkles some, no?! :) And instead of addressing yourself as fat, be kinder- say curvy! :)
I'm sorry you are struggling to stay somewhat afloat, keep swimming my friend, keep swimming, the current may be strong, but I know you are STRONGER!!!!
Best of luck in finding something anew that will work for you so you can get to that peaceful head place where you want to be. In the meantime, accept yourself as you are & embrace that for awhile, k? Making peace with oneself often leads to happiness, noBODY is perfect afterall, nobody! :) Peace out my friend....

Shannon- Thanks chicky of course I knew you would reply as you are sincerity at its finest! :) I'm glad you are still liking my snackage ideas. Hope things are well with you & that your stepson is doing better? Yeah I think about you too and should pm you to see how things are from time to time. :) Have you ran in many races this summer? Fill me in on your latest deets when you get a chance!

Neurodoc- Woo hoo, another teenager amongst us! ;) Yeah one has gotta lose the guilt, that gets you nowhere. Guilt free is the route to take, otherwise you beat yourself up over and over and set yourself up & its easy to continue on the binge path for days which leads to a daze!

Lori Bell- Hey LB, happy belated birthday & regarding the promotion, way to go! I agree with you a Health blizzard is yummy too, I make heath candy out of soda crackers, I call it crack candy. Here's a link http://asoutherngrace.blogspot.com/2...t-so-good.html incase you may like to make it for a holiday goodie. I just made a big batch for a bake sale to help raise money for a girlfriend of mine who is on a transplant list. :(
Yeah it is a caloric bomb like a blizzard, but again worth it to me as a moderate treat to have periodically, (which translates to when I have my period), I take some out of the freezer and enjoy guilt free!
Glad to hear your equally busy and are living and loving life also, as life should be. Congrats on your ribbons, rock on! I'm a domestic diva too & have made cherry rhubarb jelly, salsa, canned pickles, canned beets & antipasto! The pantry is well stocked & of course I am set for gift giving this holiday season too. My parents are judges who decides the ribbon worthy in these parts! :)

Bright Angel- glad your still maintaining that magnificent lost, I wish it was easier for you though, truly I do. Fyi, your graph is very cool & colorful, I agree with Shannon, I like! :)

Loser Mom aka Meg Ryan, woo hoo for jump rope, that sure is a fun workout too! Yeah you have to mix it up even in maintenance otherwise it is a bore chore day in & day out. Sorry to hear about your moms health issues & your daughters scary seizures, hope they are both now ok? Regarding your son that made me LOL & your mama is right! Your still young looking to me, so very Meg Ryan esque! Did you get that new summer purse? I have been shopping, maybe I will have to bring the shopping thread back to the top to share my latest finderoo's! :) Keep on keeping on my friend.

Karen- hope you have continued results from JUDD, we are all unique in what works/ doesn't work for us. Your graph is equally cool!

Bright Angel 09-10-2012 08:58 PM

:hug: Thanks for your positive statements about my Weight Range Maintenance Graph.

In my personal Blog at DietHobby.com I talk about how I created this.
Although it is not a commercial site, I'm not sure it's okay to put a link here,
but those who are interested can easily access DietHobby.
At DietHobby, click the link to ARCHIVES, and see my articles about this on
2/20/11 - "Setting a Goal Range", and then
5/8/12 - "Change in my Weight Range Maintenance Plan".

Slim CB 09-12-2012 10:29 AM

I am still around....just busy as everyone seems to be these days. I weigh in at 168 - as I have been for the past 12 months.....

It's weird but I think 168 is my happy weight. No matter how hard I try - eat less, eat more, work out less, work out more, my weight is stuck at 168. As such I have resorted to this being my ideal weight. What's even weirder is that I am still a size 8 which is the size I was when I entered maintenance in December 2010.

I still work out regularly, eat clean 80% of the time and faithfully log my meals every day. Persons have asked me how I have kept the weight off for this long. I tell them that I have accepted that this is a life-long battle, that it's 80% diet and 20% exercise, that there is no magic pill that I am on. I'm not sure if they believe me though.

bargoo 09-12-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slim CB (Post 4465587)

I still work out regularly, eat clean 80% of the time and faithfully log my meals every day. Persons have asked me how I have kept the weight off for this long. I tell them that I have accepted that this is a life-long battle, that it's 80% diet and 20% exercise, that there is no magic pill that I am on. I'm not sure if they believe me though.

Oh! I believe you.

catherinef 09-12-2012 01:54 PM

Oh, hey, glad this thread exists, because I've been meaning to check in! I'm still maintaining -- I think I'm definitely over two years now? -- and my weight's actually been staying consistently lower than it was at my original goal for the last year or so of that. Usually, I'm in the mid-high 150s, with the odd fluctuation upwards to a cycle- or salt-related 160-161.

Recently turned 45, so I'm another 40s maintainer. :) I still seriously cannot believe I lost well over 200 pounds. I'm getting to the point where I recognise myself in reflective surfaces, but let me tell you, it took AGES. I still look at my clothes and think they're impossibly tiny. (Which they aren't; I wear about a US size 8. But they're tiny compared to those bad old size 30s!)

It's so good to look in and see you all!

Shannon in ATL 09-12-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilwomaniamshe (Post 4460715)
Hiya maintainers, twas nice hearing from a handful of us anyways that are still around and resurface occasionally, woo hoo way/weigh to MAINTAIN young ladies! :)
I do believe all those that have posted on this thread are all in our 40's and above except probably Shannon of course! :)
That is kinda interesting, no?

I turned 40 this May, not quite 'in my 40's' yet I guess, but I feel like it. :)

JohnKY 09-12-2012 11:59 PM

43 here. In maintenance since 31. Drift +/- 7lbs to either side of 170 occasionally, but always settle back. As I age, no doubt my body composition is shifting. Used to subjectively look more fit at 170 than i do now. Thinking of revising "goal" down to 165 or so.

JayZeeJay 09-20-2012 06:56 PM

Hi all! This thread is great, I still poke around this forum sometimes but haven't needed the constant connection anymore.

I started at over 160 pounds a few years ago (I stopped weighing myself at that point but I know it was more). I got down to 154 around the time I found this site in early 2010. And this forum really helped me see that there was nothing shameful in being overweight or struggling with overeating. The only shame was ignoring it.

Conclusion: my body deserved better. And so I managed to get into my goal range about 3 months ago and have been bouncing 135-140 ever since. No real plan, calorie counting turned me into a crazy math-wielding maniac so I stopped it. I aimed for feeling mildly to moderately hungry 50% of the time and not at all hungry (but not stuffed) the other 50%. I eat a mostly vegan diet with rare exceptions. Sweets were my real weakness, and still are. Also wine.

Life is busier than before - I have a new job as of last year, and moved twice in the last 12 months (the second time was yesterday - sigh. Hence I'm spending the afternoon on 3FC surrounded by towers of boxes that stubbornly refuse to unpack themselves. Oh yeah, I can procrastinate). I also have a new boyfriend who is fantastic, and finally at the advanced age of 37 (closing in on 40, so I'm almost part of the club!) I have met someone I could picture spending the rest of my life with. Pets are good, life is good. Except for the boxes.

evilwomaniamshe 10-29-2012 07:54 PM

Happy to see a few other maintainers post who continue to keep the lbs at bay, BRAVO to all! :) Catherine, over 200 lbs maintained that is FAB-U-LESS!!!!! Wow what an AMAZING feat my friend. :)

Thought I'd pop in today & update my ticker & answer my pm's sorry for not being here for a long while, but I replied tonite to them! Better late than never, right? :) Thanks chicks, you know who you are!!!!!!

My soft tissue injuries have NOT flared up while pumping iron, so I believe my sucky injuries may have completely healed, yahoo! :) In just a few months of back to lifting my body has changed, weightlifting is such a good good thing. They claim milk does a body good, but I say lifting weights trumps milk! ;) If you are not lifting weights, I suggest you give it a whirlski, losing muscle as we age is a given, so the more muscle mass you have the better off you will be later in life me thinks.

On the food front, I am loving Trader Joe's tomatoe less salsa (corn & chili) it rocks, I like to nosh on it with Trader Joe rice & bean chips with adzuki beans, AWESOME stuff peeps lemme tell ya! The tomatoe less salsa is in a clear bottle & you mainly see corn incase you want to go buy some to try, just do it, you won't be disappointed I promise! The nearest TJ's is 4.5 hrs from me, so I stock piled the stuff this summer for the winter months ahead.

My weight remains stable, it's nice to be comfy in my skin, plus my jeans. Infact I just packed 3 bikini's for vaca, (same suit, 3 different colors), one color for each week, as I prefer NOT to have all different kinds of tan lines on my @ss! :) One tan line is so much better than having 3 different ones. Hubs & I are heading to the caribbean for some R & R to an all-inclusive (already paid for the food & cocktails, so of course we will get our $ worth while there!) They have decent choices at buffets nowadays & a lot of not so healthy stuff too (desert bar & vats of nutella on the breakfast bar for toast topping to name but a few) Yet I continue to aim for an 80/20 route even on vaca's, but I admit it is easy to overdo it sometimes, 'specially the fruity drinks with umbrella's, but hydration is so important, right???? ;) Plus we are always active with sand volleyball, water volleyball, ziplines, rock climbing, walking, mini golf, archery, the gym, tennis courts, & of course mattress mambo! ;) LOL If any souvenir lbs come home with me, I don't freak out I just get back to eating what I normally eat & any gains come off. It's a happier head space this way for ME & being too strict has lead to binges in my first years of maintenance so this route works best for ME. When menopause strikes, maybe I will have to tighten up the 20% reigns, but for now the 80/20 still works for me, so I continue rolling with it, vacations included.
I think more importantly is what one eats the majority of the time, and vacations & certain special occasions are ok to indulge in, it keeps ME sane atleast! :) So yeah, I enjoy it when I think it's worth it and I can adjust food consumption intake accordingly if needed later.

Shopping is still something I do way too much of, but it's a guilty pleasure of mine being a fashionista! :) My latest finds.. how fun are my new workout shoes? http://www.zappos.com/brooks-adrenal...ack-ombre-blue
& a few tops for fall/winter
http://www.bostonproper.com/product/...c/56/pc/42.uts

http://www.bostonproper.com/product/...c/56/pc/42.uts

Well that's about it. Over & out until next time. Hopefully everybody on the East coast is hunkering down & staying safe! Evilwomaniamshe ~ Wendalyn

evilwomaniamshe 01-17-2013 10:34 AM

Happy 2013 chicks & roosters! :hat: :wave: :hat:

My how time flies when you're having fun, wowsers next month is 6 years of maintenance for me! Weeeeeeeeeeee, only 34 more years of maintenance left to go. Yup, once I'm 80, I've decided that will be looooooooooong enough. I'm gonna let-er-buck in my senior years & eat whatever I feel like eating, period! :T Let's hope I still have all my teeth to enjoy myself! :lol: It's kinda funny, I envision myself as a spunky senior & totally see myself skydiving or doing something similar to get my rush on! :)

My vaca was awesome even though I picked up another injury from playing beach volleyball barefoot for 3 weeks daily! :( Grrrr... can you say injury prone???? Yup, I saw a podiatrist & was diagnosed with metatarsalia. I'm sporting custom orthodics, but all is well now that I've adjusted to them. Whew!:dancer:

These days weightlifting is my primary & cardio is somewhat fading into the background, but I still have a good balance of both being so active with work & play dates. Balance is important, especially on the food front since deprivation works diddly squat for me! For sanity sakes, I satisfy my sweet tooth each & everyday and that makes me happy & content and keeps me on an even keel. :chockiss: :yoga: :chockiss:

My plan for 2013 is to continue on with my heathy eating 80% of the time & 20% of the time, choosing less healthy options which keeps me living a happy, healthy, balanced life! :beach: I love NOT over analyzing my food choices or exercise routines. Like Nike, I- Just Do It! I eat when I'm hungry & I workout, when I do these 2 things I'm content. :) Having the freedom to eat anything is huge for me and to have zero guilt afterwards is a total 180 from the binge guilt I used to have in my first years of maintenance. :dizzy: The scale and I are still distant friends, (I'm so over that metal mind fck if I lose or gain lbs days/daze!), unlike Nike, I- Don't Do It! - it's not "head healthy" for myself :dizzy: I chose a maintenance range 3lbs above goal & 3 lbs below goal, which gives me elasticity for when I eat off plan and sodium surges. I weigh in once a month if I remember and that's good enough for me & I'm still maintaining my 25# loss despite bucking the trend, being Renegadial! :D:
I still gauge my maintenance by using my jeans-o-meter instead & I gotta tell ya chicks, I'm still rockin' all my jeans with my new orthodic friendly boots! I got these in brown & they are cute & comfy. http://www.onlineshoes.com/womens-ma...ric-p_id279898 Yeah Baby! :)

I thought this was pretty cool and interesting to read somebody else incorporating the 80/20 and having that balanced lifestyle like myself. I like her neat & treat analogy too! :cp: I see she too was a binge eater and a fitness competitor.
http://www.tinareale.com/2304/what-d...lly-look-like/

I'm unsure if it's because I'm older or just wiser now but I can honestly say I'm pretty much wowed by what my body can do in regards to my fitness & strength levels and how healthy I have become inside and out. :strong: (not factoring in injuries of course) ;) I'm in the best shape of my life and I will be 46 this year! Booyah!!!!!! :) It sure feels good- looking all @sskicky-esque! :strong: Looking healthy, being healthy & feeling comfy in my skin is a pretty great place to be. :)

These days I focus on enjoying my life I have made with hubby, working & making sure my businesses run smoothly. My days are full & beyond busy with work, loved ones & the social scene. I love spending quality time with friends- going shopping with them, watching movies together, evening walks with hubby, rollerblading, hiking, cocktail hrs with biker friends, family time, sports leagues with athletic friends, entertaining often, wine & whine night, motorcycling, 4 wheeling, car club cruises, cabin retreats, pool parties, impromptu invitations, rock concerts, camping, visiting shut in friends & making their life brighter, fishing, motorcycle rallys, tea time with tea friends, date night, dinners out as a couple or with friends, happy hours with my homies, dairy queen stops, karaoke night with the girls, spur of the moment wknd getaways, picnics, vacations in the tropics, traveling the world etc. All of these things are so much more important than honing in on ME & my BODY IMAGE or a NUMBER on an F-ing scale anymore! Life is precious and far too short for that, for this chick anyways! :) Yup, I've been there, done that & what a time SUCK that part of my life was! :censored: I'd rather focus on continuing being successful at work and enjoying life & creating more memories with friends & loved ones. One day I will be able to look back and remember all the FUN & FULFILLING things I have done with my life, and I'm sure that will bring me happiness anew when I'm old and gray! :)

Granted my 25 lb loss is NOTHING compared to most here in maintenance. I realize that I'm not trying to maintain a 50lb, 80lb, 100lb or 200 lb loss as others here are. OMG, THESE people who are MAINTAINING huge AMOUNTS are in an entirely different league than MYSELF & I applaud them all! :cp: I have never been really overweight nor obese & I haven't a clue about dealing with any loose skin issues either, so I'm pretty much a minority here. But I do know, weightloss & maintenance are NOT a one size fits all, what works for me certainly won't work for everybody. However, perhaps some feathers who are trying to get a handle on binges, maybe they too will be successful with an 80/20 plan. :)

Maintaining means I gotta be mindful. I CAN'T eat EVERYTHING I want all of the time, but I CAN eat everything I want MODERATELY! Balancing the two is sometimes tricky, but it's the KEY to my SUCCESS here in maintenance-land and that chicks & roosters is NO BULL$HIT! :)

Oh yeah, I've also been successful on the marriage front (25 years is approaching- woo hoo!) of course another vaca is in the works to celebrate "us"! :) L-O-V-E :love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

I'm hoping for no more injuries in 2013, time will tell on that one! :crossed: Over and out until next time....
Happy maintenance all! :) ~Wendalyn

Shannon in ATL 01-17-2013 11:22 AM

Wendalyn, I just love reading your posts. You always make me smile. :)

Congrats on your upcoming anniversaries! 6 years of maintenance and 25 years of marriage, both hard tasks! You are awesome. My goal for this year is to look more at my fun and try to live more like you. :)

evilwomaniamshe 01-19-2013 05:15 PM

THANKS Shannon! :)
Great goal my friend! :) 2013 will be YOUR year for balancing it all! :chockiss: :yoga: :chockiss:

Remember :cheer3: I'm rootin' for ya, today, tomorrow & always! :cheer3:

YOU got this girl! :dancer:

evilwomaniamshe 01-25-2013 04:21 PM

Thanks again to the pm peeps. :)

Looks like skorts are back, but this one is actually really cute!!!! :) I decided on this lil number for our 25th anniversary outfit! Here's my shopping cart- if you click on either photo, it makes the picture bigger & if you click alternate view you get to see the back of the top, plus the front of the skort all in one looksie. Whatcha think?

http://www.venus.com/viewcart.aspx

Shannon in ATL 01-25-2013 04:35 PM

I don't see the outfit, just an empty shopping cart?

evilwomaniamshe 01-25-2013 04:40 PM

boo- well that sucks the kahuna! :( Hey Shan, can you type in the search button 6 button denim skort & the whole outfit should pop up. Sorry about that. WTH, it worked for me when I posted it... dbl darn, cuz it's still visible to me...

evilwomaniamshe 04-16-2013 08:44 AM

What the hey hey, I'm the last updater to this thread, again??!!! Geesh, I haven't been around for several months & I see NOBODY else has posted in a long while..... C'mon, I know there has to be some other MAINTAINERS around the boards somewhere's.... Come out, come out wherever you are???? Pretty please with a cherry on top? Maybe my "fresh fruit bait" will reel somebody in!!!! Lol .... Anybody?? :)
Jump on in, the water's fine! :) http://media-cache-ec3.pinterest.com...fb4a49b9f0.jpg
Whether you've been a MAINTAINER for a day, a week, a month, year/years, feel free to join in this thread with any weight related stuff & how things are going for you in maintenance-land. If you're MAINTAINING a 10 lb loss or a 200 lb loss, we have "a loss" in common, regardless of the number.

Ok, I've done my part, some peeps here have wished I'd stick around the boards to continue sharing, so I'm bumping the update thread to see if we can I get it moving one last time. If not, I gave it my all peeps, the rest is up to others, if they care to talk about the maintenance mundane grind in the update thread. And NO I'm not trying to take away from the infamous maintainers daily chat thread. Just trying to have an additional thread for maintainers is all...... ;)

Maybe you're a newbie to maintenance & still trying to figure things out? Or a maintainer who is now running marathons? Or a maintainer that feels like you are running 'round and 'round on a wheel and getting nowhere? Or an elevator maintainer (up & down)? Or a seasoned maintainer?
Maintenance is a loooooooooooooooooooooong fricken time, why go it alone? Come chat about it and update here whether it's good, bad, ugly or even just dealing with the mundane daily maintenance grind.
Perhaps by posting here, it can give some new LIFE to this maintainers update thread. Maybe with a little bit of activity here, who knows maybe it can become an alive & kickin thread if other maintainers participate. C'mon maintainers, join me here and update something, otherwise I may have to resort to giving it some CPR to revive it!!!! :) lol
.........Anybody???

I'm back 100% on top of my workout game once again which is AWESOME! My injuries have all completely healed, Hallelluiah!!!!! I've been been beyond busy working hard, so I can continue to play equally hard (two big vacations on the horizon for this year!)

Still living & loving life and enjoying every opportunity that comes my way.
My maintenance requires flexibility and adapting myself to the moments, instead of trying to bend every moment to conform to myself.
Yup, I just roll with it all! :) Some days I'll have a 50/50 day or he[[ even a 20/80 day but it's nothing to get my undies in a bunch over, because it's what I EAT the MAJORITY of the time that really matters. (It also helps that I'm a commando gal, yanno nothing to bunch! ;)

Just like certain foods have an expiration date, LIFE also has an expiration date!!!! True story.
Being tomorrow is so NOT guaranteed, I shall continue to LIVE-a-lil & eat things I truly enjoy, guilt free! :)
80/20 is still my ideal and I aim for that most days, plus I still water myself often and pump iron & this is how I continue to roll - 6 years + 2 month of maintenance & counting..... ~ Wendalyn

How bout you, next????

CherryPie99 04-16-2013 09:32 AM

Well, I post in chat so I haven't disappeared, but I've been pretty quiet this week, so I'll update and bore everyone!

I have been in maintenance 9 months this month, so I'm still fairly new to this. But I'm feeling really good and confident. I hit my goal of 119 in July and weighed in at 119.0 this morning.

I am one of those people that is able to overindulge on occasion (like I did this past Saturday) and then get back on track immediately. In fact, I'm finding that doing something like gorging on sweets "cures" my itch for a while and I don't have the urge to eat anything sweet for several weeks afterwards.

I don't know that this is the healthiest thing to do, but so far it seems to be working for me.

My goal is to become a "normal" eater. I refuse to be imprisoned by calorie counting/obsessing for the rest of my life.

I can clearly remember running my first mile EVER in May, 2011. I was SOOOOOO excited. Fast forward and I ran 15 miles - my longest distance ever - this past Sunday and will be running my first 1/2 marathon next month.

This week marks the 1 year anniversary of having the excess skin removed from my abdomen and all the way around. I can't believe that it's been a year! I still carry a nasty scar, but the surgery changed my life as the skin hung halfway down my thighs before.

I'm really looking forward to this summer - my first full summer at goal.

So that's it for me!

Wendalyn - CONGRATS - you sound like you are doing WONDERFUL in maintenance!

Jen

krampus 04-16-2013 01:29 PM

I guess I'm a maintainer? I am still in the "improving various athletic pursuits" game at the gym and on the road. Is it still maintaining if you go down a pants size or hope to go down a pants size without losing weight? Is it maintaining if you secretly hope you'll lose 5 pounds or look like you did? Regardless, I am loving the whole "eat 2000+ calories a day" thing, that's for sure.

I will be at one year of maintaining my range come July or thereabouts!

evilwomaniamshe 04-17-2013 08:03 AM

Woo hoo, of course Cherrypie took my bait on the cherry I tossed out there, go figure!!!! lol ;) Dang girl, you look like GREAT, maintaining for 9 months is Fabulous! You sure have come a long way from your first run, go you to a 1/2 marathoner coming up, wowsers! :) It seems that running & marathons is the norm for many people who have lost a lot of weight, which I think is so cool. Best of luck to you on marathon day! :) I'm sure getting rid of all of that skin was so freeing? "Happy Skiniversary!" Scars show what we have been thru & nodoubt a subtle reminder daily of where you have been? Love the belly button piercing too! :) I lost piddle compared to you, but I don't compare myself to others being we are all unique individuals. :)
Good for you in finding the balance to enjoy the "so called forbidden foods". You say it may not be the healthiest thing to do, but the obsessing/imprisonment you speak of, certainly is NOT "head healthy" either. I think it's a good route to go! :) I hope you enjoy your summer, you schnexy thing! :) Cherrypie, sounds to me like you got a good handle on maintenance, you go girl, you got this!

Krampus, yup you are a maintainer, CONGRATS! :) 9 months is a looooooong time, geesh you could have had a bambino in that time frame yanno!?! ;) Yes you need to EAT to power thru weightlifting sessions, isn't it great? As you continue with maintenance you will see your body composition changing over the months, if you continue to lift heavy things. Even if you gain a few lbs of muscle oneday, you will look even SMALLER being fat takes up more room than muscle and since muscle is denser- you can gain weight while still losing inches, kinda like replacing a pillow with a brick! It's a good thing & I think you look great, you look pocket size already in my eyes! :)

~ Wendalyn

freelancemomma 04-22-2013 09:18 PM

Hi Catherinef,

Congratulations on your more-than-impressive accomplishment! I'm curious about how easy or difficult you're finding maintenance after such an amazing weight loss.

F.

nineteen 05-12-2013 06:28 PM

I am a maintainer, although my weight has slowly crept up over the past two years. I know I need to lose about 10 lbs, but I am having a hard time finding the determination to do it.

I'm kind of in a weird place...not heavy enough to be miserable, but not slender enough to be "satisfied," either. Can anyone relate to this?

It's nice to check in here and see some familiar faces. Big hugs to all of you.

evilwomaniamshe 04-29-2014 08:07 AM

Thought I’d drop in to update my ticker & let those of you who care know, ... I’m still alive & kicking it! Been maintaining 7 years + 2 months now despite not being around in over a year, priorities peeps! :) I weighed 138.9 @ the clinic several weeks ago (down lower than I'd like to be) but I will happily EAT my way up higher now that my body has sorted out an issue. DQ blizzard, here I come! :) My scale and I are still distant friends, I go by my jeans-o-meter and shorts-o-meter instead and the waists are pretty loose on me nowadays, I need to wear a belt or else I have butt cleavage! yikes :(

Here’s a readers digest version of my latest- been having girly cycles from Hellllllooooo & became anemic due to major blood loss. I slept a lot (ironic - sleeping truly does = weightloss). My dr. wanted me to have a hysterectomy, but I didn’t want to go that route without first trying Lysteda. Whew, I’m soooooo happy I did NOT get gutted, and opted for these pills, they work miraculously for me! I had to be on iron pills for many months to get my iron levels back up to where they needed to be & surprisingly the iron pills weren’t backer uppers for me- yah, I still got my poop on daily. No more pumping iron pills for ME these days, I’m back pumping real IRON again and continue to maintain my muscle mass, boooyah!!!! :) Feeling like myself again and well rested, playing sports league twice a week and running both of my businesses keeps me beyond busy.

Oh yeah, our 25th anniversary was AMAZING! Switzerland was spectacular, we made many wonderful memories. When we work hard, we get to play hard by taking fabulous vacations all over the world. LIFE is beyond GOOD, it’s GREAT on my end! :)

Wondering how I maintain my loss after all of these years?

Like Nike,- I just do it!
Do what- you ask?

1. Eat healthy 80% of the time & 20% of the time I eat whatever the heck I want- guilt free
2. Workout daily- yes, EVERYDAY... (no ifs, ands or buts)

The 20% keeps me happy, sane, content & even-keeled! :) This balance suits my busy lifestyle & this simplicity is key to maintaining my loss year after year.

~ Wendalyn

ICUwishing 04-29-2014 09:20 AM

Wendalyn, rockin' it! :cp: Glad you were able to muscle on through your issues! Congrats on the 25th anniversary and celebrating more than 7 years of kicking @$$!

Shannon in ATL 04-29-2014 10:03 AM

Hey there, Wendalyn! Glad you came through your health issues and that your anniversary trip was fantastic! Always good to hear from you! :)

evilwomaniamshe 05-12-2014 08:37 AM

Thanks ICU & Shannon- you two lovely ladies are the real deal/ genuine! :) I hope you both continue to kick weightloss's @ss as well. Please know that I’m equally supportive. I’m rooting for both of you today, tomorrow & always, despite me not being here often. I will shout this part so you can both hear me….. YOU GO GIRLS!!! :)
Thanks again for supporting me keeping my lbs off. ~ Wendalyn

evilwomaniamshe 03-16-2015 06:22 AM

Here’s an update for any Wendalyn fans in da house! :)

Another year has come and gone & this chicklet has over 8 years maintenance experience that I can ADD to my resume! ;)
My first 2 years of maintenance sucked @ss, as I struggled with binge eating. I veered off to chocolateville and sweetsville time and time again. Once I stopped being so fricken strict with my eating habits & incorporated an 80/20 lifestyle, it’s been smooth sailing and my binges have ceased.
Wendalyn for the win? Hmmm…. unsure if binges will be problematic again or not, so I won’t get overly confident claiming that one. However, as the years tick on, I like to THINK my abs are keeping that sucker (binge ba$tard) smothered deep inside my core!!! For the past 6 years, I’VE had the upper hand! :p

Over the years I’ve learned to adapt to multiple athletic injuries & hammer out new and different routines. Where there’s a will, there’s a way. Weightlifting & strength training continue to keep me physically fit and strong. I still refuse to get hung up with a number on a F-ing scale, I prefer to use my jeans-o-meter and the mirror. It's pretty cool seeing the body I designed myself! :strong:
I stepped on the scale today to put that data here, 144 with “code red” (shark week) in progress. The number means JACK SCHMIDT to me! I'm healthy, happy and comfy in my skin.

For those that have inquired what I eat during maintenance, here’s yesterdays eats.

Breakfast:
2 egg omelet with chicken, onions, mini peppers, mushrooms, topped with a mini wholly guacamole spicy, small bowl of fresh pineapple
Lunch:
Toasted sandwich- 2 pieces wholewheat toast with peanut butter, with flax and a sliced banana
1/2 a big bar of lindt dark chili chocolate
Dinner:
Chicken & shrimp shish-kabobs with onions, mushrooms, tri colored mini peppers, marinated in a low sodium teriyaki sauce. 2 kabobs + sweet potato with peanut butter

My reunion is this summer, THIRTY FRICKEN YEARS, crazy how time flies. I often hear, I look exactly the same since high school (minus the big 80’s hair). lol I’m definitely more @sskicker-esque at 48 vs the athletic jock “me" from high school. I was voted "most athletic" back in the day as superlative. I guess some things never change. I’m still playing competitive volleyball a few nights a week which is a fun fitness outlet.
The reunion should be a great wknd to reminisce with many classmates I haven’t seen in years. I recently bought this lil number for the occasion. http://www.irockbags.com/womens-clot...-bandage-dress The dress accentuates my guns & gams! Hubby will be the ONLY accessory that I will need reunion night. It’s 30 years of togetherness for us as well & we’re still smitten after all of these years!!! :)

80/20 + pumping iron + watering myself often, maintenance continues to happen for me. It suits my busy active lifestyle, so this is how I shall continue to roll.

Peace out my 3fc friends. :)

~ Wendalyn

Shannon in ATL 03-16-2015 09:38 AM

Hey, Wendalyn! I'm so glad to hear from you, I think of you often. :)

That dress is HOTHOTHOT! You are going to rock that reunion and then some!:flame::flow1:

I'm glad you are doing well. Reading about your success, and your peaceful outlook that leads to it, always inspires me.

evilwomaniamshe 03-21-2016 07:21 AM

Thanks Shannon for the continued support chicka! :)
Here’s my yearly check-in for you and any other curious George’s in da house.
I’m in my 9th YEAR of maintenance. Weeeeeeee

The past year has been a Debbie Downer for me literally. Ugh, I've lost 23 lbs according to the doctors scale. :( Yikes, my jeans-o-meters are all registering beyond droopy drawers. Remember the song “Pants On The Ground”? Yeah, that pretty much sums it up!!! Total sucksville. Unable to swallow/eat certainly is a weight loss given. Thank goodness for morphine, what a wonderful drug.

My reunion was fun, but I did not look as fabulous in my dress as I had hoped. Sadly, my pipes started to dissipate and I looked thin instead of my @sskicking athletic self. The majority of females in attendance said I looked fabulous, amazing, wonderful. WTF? It’s crazy how most women think thin is ideal!!!!

Life may have thrown me another curve ball, but I’m working on get my pipes and the pounds back on my frame. By consuming proteins, pumping iron + muscle memory, I’m pretty confident I got this! :)
I’m hopeful by years end, I’ll have my @sskick bod back. Stay tuned…

~Wendalyn

JayEll 03-21-2016 07:52 AM

Wendalyn--why can't you eat? I'm sorry, did I miss something? :( I hope you recover soon.

Mudpie 03-21-2016 05:45 PM

I hope you recover from whatever is wrong Wendalyn and that you're rocking those jeans again soon!

Dagmar :wave: