3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Maintainers Moving Through June (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/260213-maintainers-moving-through-june.html)

saef 06-01-2012 08:59 AM

Maintainers Moving Through June

It's unquestionably summer. In the Northeast, we're at that gorgeous interval when the sun feels like a gift every day and it's warm but not yet oppressive. This is when our bodies come out of hiding and we try to get a little more Vitamin D through our skin.

What better time to be out there fully inhabiting our bodies, discovering their capabilities and realizing our potential?

We're maintainers moving joyously through June.

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/...er_running.jpg

[No, this isn't me. I never use my own picture in the opening post on this thread. I look for aspirational images. You all know the theory, right? Put pictures of what you want around you and it will help you achieve your goal by reminding you of your priorities. That's what this post is meant to do: Take heart, and be glad that you have a living, breathing body. It is capable of surprising you and even delighting you at moments if you take good care of it and work with it.]

saef 06-01-2012 09:03 AM

Friday, June 1st:

15 minutes, Stairmaster stepper, aerobic intervals, resistance at eight
60 minutes back and biceps routine, sticking to 15-lb weights, 20 lbs. on rows, and pushing myself through more reps on the lat pulldowns
45 minutes Stairmaster stepper, aerobic intervals, resistance at eight, hands-free for 20 minutes, grabbing on for the rest, as I am most definitely fading faster now that I've upped my weights. I am thinking I need to cut down on my cardio time, but it's like I'm addicted to it, or rather, to the idea that it's essential for weight maintenance. Like there's some cardio magic that keeps me "safe" from a massive regain.

Mudpie 06-01-2012 10:11 AM

I use 10 lb. dumbells (free weights?) - maximum. You're making me feel like a shirker saef BUT this is not a competition. I am in awe of how much all of you on this thread exercise. I am moving all day but never at intensity like all of you.

Dagmar :p

saef 06-02-2012 11:12 AM

Saturday, June 2:

Lots of people in the gym this morning on this surprisingly cool and very rainy day.

20 minutes on the Stairmaster step-mill, resistance at eight, aerobic intervals, only touching the rails on the steepest grade
40 minutes on Cybex arc trainer, resistance again at eight, one minute intervals with one minute rest, and I found this a killer. I did it hands-free which slows one's gait & makes it a strength exercise. Wasn't sure I'd get through this.
15 minutes Pilates routine, which is longer than that, or so I found as I checked the clock before beginning and at the end. Maybe more like 25 minutes. Anyway, challenging as usual.

krampus 06-02-2012 01:17 PM

Friday, June 1:

Gym session was a bit rushed since I "had" to meet a friend for beer and wings at 6:30.

-10 minutes running on treadmill at 7 mph and 1.5 incline
-Bicep curls - 15 lbs
-Bent over dumbbell rows - 25 lbs superset (this is getting easy but I don't want to reinjure myself)
-Squats with two 30-lb dumbbells
-5 minutes running on treadmill at 6.5 mph

Bonus activity (offset of course with Malibu & Diet Coke, a beer, and a shot of tequila):
-Dancing/flailing at goth night. Lots of squat-like leg bends, I apparently dance in a way that is very reliant on my thighs.

inglesita64 06-02-2012 02:08 PM

I am new here, and I am proud to be here! I am officially on maintenance since yesterday, and my objective is to incorporate exercise to my life --lost 22 pounds without exercising.
Today I did my first "wogging" for about 40 minutes. It was amazingly pleasant, with the sun and the breeze! I feel all toned up, healthily tired and very proud of myself!

Exhale15 06-02-2012 02:31 PM

Friday 6/1: mixed weights + cardio + stretching - I start out with my favorite - leg presses and quads :) each leg separately so there's no cheating, then stair machine and treadmill for about 30 minutes total, then upper body and back, then some stretching. All together about an hour. Felt tired but refreshed on the way home.

Weekend 6/2-3: Rest. Got a nice little boost - a friend I haven't seen in a couple of weeks said I'm looking trim and fit.

saef 06-03-2012 02:03 PM

Sunday, June 3:

15 minutes arc trainer, hands free, resistance at nine, hill intervals
60 minutes biceps, triceps and shoulders routine
45 minutes arc trainer, again hands free, resistance dropped to eight for a program called Pike's Peak

The gym was quieter than usual because of the nearby AIDS Run/Walk, which a lot of the regulars probably signed up for. (I would have, but didn't realize it was today until I got the gym and looked at the date on one of the posters.) A gray, rainy day, with me feeling stressed out about all the work I've got to catch up on today on my laptop.

inglesita64 06-03-2012 05:52 PM

Half an hour wogging half and half. Exhausted but exultant.

freelancemomma 06-03-2012 10:20 PM

I just took a week off exercise. It's the first time I've taken any time off since starting last November. I was starting to feel like a beast of burden and just felt I needed a break. Back to my 4x/week wogging regimen tomorrow...

F.

saef 06-04-2012 09:10 AM

Monday, June 4th:

90 minute endurance spin class, a special session that's held twice a month. Next time, I need to bring more water. I was motivated by the snake-hipped guy directly in front of me who is one of the leanest and yet most muscular individuals I've ever seen before. It's a body type that's completely opposite of the beefy guys in the free weight section. It's the biking and running type. The women in class who've been training for a triathlon are in awe of him. They say he runs perfectly upright on hills, as though they're a flat road. That will never be me but I pushed myself to keep up through the class with him & the others.

krampus 06-04-2012 10:11 AM

Sunday, June 3:
-2.5 mile run on bike path in new fancy running sneakers. 23 minutes 12 seconds = average speed of 6.5 miles per hour!
-Planks, side planks, "bird dog" on-the-floor core exercises for about 10 minutes.

traveling michele 06-05-2012 10:26 AM

Finally getting started in June after my trip to New York. I brought workout clothes and shoes with me but it didn't happen.

June 5: tried to go to a Body Pump class but the teacher was out and they hadn't gotten a sub. I went back in the evening to take a U-Jam class and didn't realize they had a Zumba class before. I found a spot in the back corner and did 1/2 the Zumba class and then the U-Jam class. Felt great but exhausted!!

30 minutes Zumba
60 minutes U-Jam

Totals:

1 day
90 minutes

saef 06-05-2012 11:55 AM

Tuesday, June 5th:

15 minutes Stairmaster stepper, aerobic intervals, resistance at eight
60 minutes chest, shoulders and triceps, and getting stronger on my bench-pressing
45 minutes back on the stepper, dropped the resistance to seven, which made it manageable, though the going got tough toward the end.

Thinking my workouts are akin to my working life. If I just keep going, doing what I can, I will get through it.

traveling michele 06-06-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krampus (Post 4356519)
Friday, June 1:

Bonus activity (offset of course with Malibu & Diet Coke, a beer, and a shot of tequila):
-Dancing/flailing at goth night. Lots of squat-like leg bends, I apparently dance in a way that is very reliant on my thighs.

This cracked me up! I've got quite a visual!:D