No Excuses! Food log for January!

You're on Page 9 of 10
Go to
  • Sunday

0730 Fruit tea to wake up with. Multi-vitamin. Anti-histamine. Joint mumbo jumbo pill.

0730 B - 4 tbsp muesli, tbsp low fat cottage cheese, tsp wheatgerm, skimmed milk. Coffee w skimmed milk.
    *Have run out of full fat milk. Skimmed is just not the same in coffee.

1100 S - apple, 4 walnut halves, SF hot chocolate.
    *I considered having 5 walnuts but thought that would slow down my progress. Good feeling.

1200 Small glass of full fat milk to take ibuprophen with.

1300 L - sardine al limone (this is a tin of sardines in olive oil with a slice of lemon), 3 oatcakes, salad (carrot, red pepper).
    *At the time, I thought I could have just had two oatcakes perhaps. Later, I realised that I was too full to need a snack at 1530. I only felt hungry at 1700 and by that time it was almost time for tea (made by the SO so I wasn't near any food).

1330 SF hot chocolate

1800 T - lamb korma (made with yoghurt not cream), brown rice and peas.

All in all, a good day, if a little low on veg. I've realised that sometimes I eat very little wheat. Interesting as some people seem to be adversely affected by it.

See you tomorrow.
  • B - 2 scrambled eggs, sliced grape tomatoes, kale, salsa

L - the last of the white bean, kale, sausage soup

S - small, home-made muffin (made with canned pumpkin and a box of spice cake mix)

D - Pat & Oscars -had the small BBQ chicken salad (the website said 1/2 of a small is 320 calories - ugh). I got the ranch, BBQ on the side, no cheese and asked for the tortilla strips on the side, sprinkled on a few. Pretty confident I got the calorie count down to 500 or so.
  • Saturday -
    B - 1 slice WW toast with peanut butter and banana
    S - 150 cals of trail mix
    L - Asian Chicken Slaw from TJs (seriously. Obsessed).
    S - English muffin with 1 oz chicken, 1 oz mozzarella, tomato sauce (toasted)
    D - Homemade BBQ chicken pizza w/ whole wheat crust, salad w/ light dressing
    S - NSA Ice Cream
    E - We were moving all day, cleaning and chores in the morning, doing lots of nursery prep in the afternoon.

Sunday -
    B - 2 sl bacon, 1 serving WW Pumpkin pancakes
    L - Popeyes (was running errands with my dad and he loves it there) 1 chicken breast, small mashed potatoes, green beans. I took off about half the skin on the chicken.
    D - Rotisserie chicken, 1 baked small Yukon Gold potato with 1 tbsp light sour cream, steamed broccoli, baked carrots.
    S - 1/4 cup homemade bread pudding (Portuguese sweet bread, egg, a little nonfat milk, cinnamon, some Splenda), 1/2 cup NSA Ice cream
    E - More running around, home improvement, etc. For all the exercise I do on week days, it's the WEEKENDS that really wear me out.
  • Next time I go to visit my DS I will have to try this Asian chicken slaw! I live hundreds of miles from a TJ's, she's 1 mile away.

Monday plan
    B - coffee w 1 T. h&h, oatmeal (1/3 c oats, 1/2 c skim milk, 1/2 small banana, 1 T ground flax seeds, 1/2 lg egg, 1 t agave nectar, cinnamon, 1/4 oz pecans)
    L - sausage, white bean, & kale soup, salad w 1 T light dressing
    S's as needed - 6 oz lf yogurt, hm larabar, grapefruit, added Dr. Kracker cracker and 1 T hm hummus bc I was starving while waiting for dinner to be finished (ate at 8:15 PM - the horror!)
    D - change of plan - BF smoked a chicken so I ate about 6 oz of meat with no skin (did I mention I was hungry?), roasted brussel sprouts w 1 t. canola oil
    E - 40 minutes stairmaster, 2 mile walk with dog
  • Quote: For all the exercise I do on week days, it's the WEEKENDS that really wear me out.
    I can relate! I always think I have less to do that during the week, yet end up more tired.
  • Weekend catch-up...

Saturday:
    B - I don't remember but probably oatmeal?
    L - leftover meatloaf, sweet potato
    S - atkins bar
    D - @restaurant - two pcs bread w/oil/vinegar, glass of wine, half bowl of tomato bread soup, two meatballs, couple bits of DH's salad, about 3/4 of my fettuccine w/butternut squash and sausage, half a tiramisu
    E - dog walk

Sunday:
    B - greek yogurt
    L - banana
    S - bread, leftovers from previous night's dinner
    D - potato sausage mushroom gratin
    S - peanut m&m's
    E - dog walk

Monday:
    B - oatmeal, flaxseed, banana, walnuts, skim milk
    L - leftover gratin, broccoli, carrots; fruit salad
    S - two pb cookies
    D - chicken tamale casserole, salad w/lf dressing
    E - PM wog
  • Monday

0615 Fruit tea to wake up with. Multi-vitamin. Anti-histamine. Joint mumbo jumbo pill.

0630 B - 3 tbsp muesli, tbsp summer fruits, tbsp low fat cottage cheese, tsp wheatgerm, skimmed milk. Coffee w full fat milk. Small glass of milk to take ibuprophen.

1030 S - apple, hard-boiled egg

1245 L - tin of mackerel, 3 oatcakes, salad (carrot, red pepper, celery).

1315 SF hot chocolate

1615 small glass of milk to take ibuphrofen. SF hot chocolate. Apple, 8 hazelnuts.

Mouth guard in. This is such an effective thing to do.

1800 T - beef korma (made with yoghurt not cream), brown rice, dahl, salad (sugar snap peas, cucumber).
    Last night's was also beef not lamb korma. Attention wandered.

Another good day. I am so pleased the way this is working for me. I keep the post to you all updated on my BlackBerry (which keeps you and your struggles and achievements in my mind - solidarity!) and then post at the end of the day. I also look at my food log more objectively and analytically, like I do yours.

See you tomorrow.
  • Monday

B - chobani pineapple yogurt

L - bowl of beef barley soup

S - apple

D - medium sized baked sweet potato, huge pile of roasted brussel sprouts
  • Glad it's working for you Silver!

Tuesday plan
    B - coffee w 1 T. h&h, oatmeal (1/3 c oats, 1/3 c skim milk, 1/2 small banana, 1 T ground flax seeds, 1/2 lg egg, cinnamon, 1 T raisins), 1 c skim milk
    L - veggie burger on light ww bun, roasted brussel sprouts w 1 t. canola oil
    S's as needed - 6 oz lf yogurt, 2 small apples
    D - sausage, white bean, & kale soup, 1 Dr. Cracker cracker, 1 T. dark chocolate peanut butter
    E - 3 mile walk with dog
    2 AM snack - yet again couldn't sleep. 1 c skim milk, 2 T dark chocolate peanut butter. I don't think I ate enough fat on Tuesday.
  • Tuesday:
    B - oatmeal, flaxseed, apple, walnuts, skim milk
    L - leftover sausage potato gratin and veggies
    D - spaghetti w/sauce, veggies, cheese; salad w/italian; spoon of PB
    E - none
  • Tuesday

0615 Fruit tea to wake up with. Multi-vitamin. Anti-histamine. Joint mumbo jumbo pill. Ibuprophen.

0630 B - 3 tbsp muesli, tbsp summer fruits, tbsp low fat cottage cheese, tsp wheatgerm, skimmed milk. Coffee w full fat milk.

1030 S - apple, hard-boiled egg

1300 L - sardine al limone, 3 oatcakes, salad (celery, sugar snap peas, mushroom).

1335 SF hot chocolate

1545 Apple, 10 cashews. And a few prawns. Pot of rooibosch tea.

Mouth guard in. Great relief when I did this. Despite being surrounded by food, there is no danger of nibbling. I can concentrate on the job in hand.

1900 T - lamb stew (with carrots, celery, onions, mushrooms), dahl, new potatoes, broccoli.

E - 2 x 20 min brisk walks.

Another good day. I am starting to look for a drop in weight.

See you tomorrow.
  • Tuesday

B - pineapple Chobani yogurt

L - big salad - green leaf lettuce, red leaf lettuce, shredded carrots, grape tomatoes, red cabbage, BBQ chicken, a little fat free ranch, tortilla strips

S - apple

D -hamburger patty, green beans

Exercise - 3.5 miles, 380 calories burned (per the machine)
  • I'm so excited! I lost 4 lbs in January! This is working!

Wed plan
    B - coffee w 1 T h&h, 1 c skim milk, oatmeal (1/3 c oats, small banana, 1/2 oz walnuts, 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder bc I'm so tired of my breakfast not lasting me til lunch)
    L - sandwich stuff that will be provided, I will probably have a little extra (lean) meat and a slice of cheese because the only other food provided will be chips. I did bring a small apple and some almonds for emergency.
    D - sausage, bean and kale soup, salad or roasted brussel sprouts
    E - walk with dog
  • Great job Megan!

Wednesday:
    B - oatmeal, flaxseed, apple, walnuts, skim milk
    L - leftover gratin and veggies
    S - atkins bar if necessary
    D - will be either chicken broccoli casserole, ma po tofu, or middle eastern chicken
    E - yoga at lunchtime, planning a wog this afternoon
  • Oops, it's February! I made us a new thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/livi...-february.html