No Excuses! Food log for January!

You're on Page 3 of 10
Go to
  • I ate the rest of the tapioca (well, split with DH). Not too much damage I think since there wasn't all that much left anyway and DH had been munching away at it for a while before I realized.

Tuesday:
    B - oatmeal, flaxseed, apple, walnuts, skim milk
    L - leftover soup, atkins bar
    D - italian cauliflower this time
    S - lf greek yogurt, banana, honey
    E - NRLW S1W2A
  • Yesterday I had a smaller portion of soup so I supplemented with a grilled cheese sandwich. I also had 2 kernals of caramel corn, 1 small chocolate dipped pretzel and ~ 200 kcal serving of gelato. I'm throwing crappy food out and yet my MIL brings it in! Blah.
    But I am down 4 lbs, so I'll take it.

Today:
    eggs with toast
    leftover taco salad
    apple
    bacon and oatmeal for dinner
  • Amanda, ouch. Sorry.

Midwife, great job on the 4 lbs!

Dropped off writing it down this weekend. I am telling you once again, we need a chicken with its head cut off running around smilie icon (would that be morbid?). Other than 2 slices pepperoni pizza and admittedly excess amounts of wine Saturday night, though, everything else I ate was OP and my weight is a steady 158 (same as 1 week ago).

Monday
    B - coffee w 1 T h&h, 1/2 c oatmeal w 1/2 c skim milk, 1/2 small banana, cinnamon, raisings, 1/2 lg egg + 1/2 lg egg white, 1 T flax seeds (let me tell you that oatmeal recipe fills me up!)
    L - Chinese Chicken salad
    D - WW recipe Beef stew, 1 c. roasted green beans
    S - 1 serving moose munch
    E - none! I wanted to though!

Tuesday
    B - coffee w 1 T h&h, egg sandwich - ww sandwich thin w 1 lg. egg + 1 lg egg white, spinach & onion
    L - Chinese Chicken salad, 6 oz lf yogurt
    D - leftover chicken cacciotore (skinless thighs), sandwich thin w smart balance, 1 T peanut butter (and no veggies... )
    S - 1 oz mixed nuts, cran-orange relish made w splenda, skim milk and moose munch
    E - 30 min walking in rain w dog

Evenings are clearly my problem area!
  • Wednesday
    B - coffee w 1 T h&h, egg sandwich - ww sandwich thin w 1 lg. egg + 1 lg egg white, spinach & onion
    L - most of my Chinese Chicken salad, about 1 cup or less pasta salad, cran orange relish
    D - leftover beef stew, roasted green beans, 1.5 slices whole wheat/grain bread w smart balance & butter combo
    S's - salt & vinegar roasted chickpeas, tea, small piece dark chocolate and 1 mini pb cup
    E - 30 minutes stairmaster, abs/stretching, 5.7 )mile walk w Emma (weeee! felt so good after days of wanting to walk her but being blocked by the universe)
  • Megan, what do you put in your Chinese chicken salad?

Wednesday:
    L - leftover italian cauliflower, atkins bar
    D - cincinnati chili, 2 cornbreads, little bit of spaghetti
    E - 25 min wog this morning, 45 min yoga class at lunch
  • And Megan, do you cook the eggs with the oatmeal?

Yesterday I had 2 small pancakes instead of the oatmeal.
    Didn't weigh in this am.

Today:
    B: 2 eggs, sweet potato, 2 slices bacon
    L: TBD
    D: ground turkey with some kind of noodle, cauliflower
    E: goal is to get to the gym and sling some iron before I need to pick up DS#2 from school
  • Quote: E: goal is to get to the gym and sling some iron before I need to pick up DS#2 from school
    Sling it, sister!
  • B - Banana on my way home from midwife appt
    S - Greek yogurt w/ blueberries, high fiber cereal
    L - Leftovers: Penne with turkey breast meatballs, spinach salad
    S - Apple w/ cheddar
    D - Cranberry bean and sausage soup with mustard greens

E - Rest day, except for a dog walk. I'm feeling achy and exhausted, and I'm trying to listen to my body!
  • I use this Ellie Krieger recipe to make my chicken salad. It is extremely filling with all the protein, healthy fats, and fiber. I usually need less than normal or no afternoon snacks after this lunch.

Yes, I cook the eggs in my oatmeal. When I make stovetop oatmeal I will cook for more than one day (lately I've been making 2 days worth at once), hence the ability to split the eggs. I've found over the last 1-2 years the bowl of oatmeal that used to keep my satisfied needs more protein in it to hold me until lunchtime.

Thursday
    B - coffee w 1 T h&h, egg sandwich - ww sandwich thin w 2 small eggs
    L - rest of my Chinese Chicken salad from yesterday, 1/2 roast beef sandwich on pumpernickel bread
    S's - cran orange relish, salt & vinegar roasted chickpeas, hm larabar, tea
    D - leftover chicken cacciotore, 2 big slices whole grain bread w Smart balance, last of roasted green beans
    E - gym at lunchtime - 30 minutes stairmaster, squats, leg presses, lunges, ~ 30 minute wog w Emma (cut short bc of oncoming storm clouds and rain sprinkles)
  • Unfortunately I did not sling it! Argh!

Today:
    oatmeal with pnb, bacon
    3 mile run
    L: TBD probably a tuna fish sandwich and clementines
    D: eggs with peppers, a pancake

How's your toe, Amanda?
  • Thanks for the recipe Megan!

I went a little over cals last night since I couldn't resist having two pieces of cornbread instead of one. Sigh. Oh well, today is another day.

Thursday:
    L - vegetable curry, atkins bar
    D - leftover chili, roasted potatoes (using the duck fat from the duck I cooked last week)
    E - none
  • My toe is still achey and purple, but feeling a little more like I can walk on it today, so we'll give the treadmill another trial.

B - 1 egg, 3 egg whites, spinach, and cheddar, toasted bagel thin, 1 kiwi.
    S - Apple w/ cheddar
    L - Leftover Chicken Sausage and Bean Soup with Mustard Greens
    S - Greek Yogurt w/ blueberries, whole wheat cereal
    D - Tostadas (lean ground beef, refried beans, olives, lettuce, sour cream, and salsa on baked corn tortillas)
    S - NSA Ice Cream

E - 75 min treadmill inclines.
  • I did pretty good in Vegas.

Tuesday

B - Chobani non fat Greek yogurt, package of blackberries

L - Chipotle - chicken bowl no beans, lots of romaine 2 scoops of pico, 1/2 serving of guac

S - 3 small clementines

D - dinner at Stripsteak in Mandalay Bay. Really, so inappropriate for a "no excuses" forum, but what the heck. 8 oz Kobe rib cap, 2 glasses of red wine, steamed broccolini, 2 hamachi poppers (appetizer), one bite truffled mac & cheese, 1 bite cheesy artichoke heart, 1 bite mashed potatoes, 1 bite beignet dipped in chocolate. Considering the decadence on the table, I have to count the night a success.

Wednesday - in Vegas for meetings, so much out of my control

B - Had to eat at the breakfast served to participants - I had fruit, a small pile of scrambled eggs (they were gross), 2 pieces of bacon, 1 fit & light yogurt

L - Chargrilled chicken sandwich from Nathan's hotdogs, came with fries, caved and ate like 4

S - mini granola bar served at a client meeting, didn't read the calories but it was pretty small

D - Stopped at the same Chipotle in Barstow. Chicken bowl no beans, lots of romaine 2 scoops of pico, 1/2 serving of guac
  • Thursday

B - chobani 2% pineapple yogurt (160 calories)

L - Panera fuji apple salad - no cheese, dressing on side, got an apple as the side dish and cut it up for more apply goodness

S - 3 small clementines

S - grande coffee, splash of half and half (was tired, think it was all the driving to/from Vegas)

D - I was going to make Chicken adobo tacos but my taco shells are stale. Going to make a chicken taco salad - adobo chicken, tons of salsa, green leaf lettuce, chopped tomato, chopped onion, 1/2 avocado

E - walked briskly (+incline, + speed at intervals) for 55 minutes, read out said 3.70 miles, 380 calories burned
  • Glory, that pineapple Chobani is my favorite.