Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 11-05-2011, 03:28 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

A stand-up paddle board is a very long surf board on which you stand and paddle. Whereas a kayak is a boat in which you sit and paddle. Both are good for ocean currents (or the great lakes). I've tried kayaking. I think I'd like to do stand-up paddle boarding while in Hawaii next summer.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 05:09 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
A stand-up paddle board is a very long surf board on which you stand and paddle. Whereas a kayak is a boat in which you sit and paddle. Both are good for ocean currents (or the great lakes). I've tried kayaking. I think I'd like to do stand-up paddle boarding while in Hawaii next summer.
The board I might be buying is not so long - 10.6 feet. My sea kayak is 16.6 ft. long.

I have been seeing people paddling on the boards at a very early time in the a.m. and it looks very peaceful and meditative. As is the lake in the early morning. I find I know so many people down at the beach that I can't take an early morning stroll without someone starting to walk with me and talk.

Sometimes it's good to be alone and quiet while moving. I tend to prefer "moving meditation"

And I can lift the board in and out of the water and on and off the car, which I can't do with the kayak. Again, I can go out alone. I love DH but he has no "off switch"

bargoo The man's wife (if it's the same woman whose children I chastised for throwing a bucket of water at my windshield while I was driving) is what DH terms a "hosebeast" and what is also referred to as a b*llbreaker. She is making trouble for the sake of making her husband appear the fool. She has suceeded.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:16 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Isn't anybody up , but me ? My body doesn't know the time changed.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:58 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I "slept in" until 6:30 and was rewarded with the clock reading 5:30 so I feel like I've got an extra hour to get things done. Even the cats were not insistent on me getting up to feed them (and that's strange as I've put the fat one on a diet--I think he's just realizing it now).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:38 AM   #50  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Bargoo, I was up at 4 AM, to read the paper and look at grocery and drugstore ads at my leisure before heading to the gym, which opens at 7 AM. We had a gorgeous turquoise and pink sky this morning, which portends another gorgeous clear day.

From yesterday, I have three boxes full of books to donate to the next sale at the village public library.

Today I'm visiting an antique shop and trying to be outdoors. I do want to go to the wildlife refuge. Also we need more apples (oh, horrors) and there's a particular farmstand that I like, Ontario Orchards, and want to get them at.

Last edited by saef; 11-06-2011 at 11:39 AM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:05 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Funny I live in Ontario and right now the best apples in our grocery store are all from the US or New Zealand or South Africa.

So I got my paddleboard and it's stashed away until spring. Time to get on Ytube and look at how-to videos. Something to look forward to and get me through the winter.

We had a beautiful day here today - crisp and cool with brilliant sunshine. I took Hap (who turned one year old yesterday) for a 2-hour walk along the lakefront. Such a good dog! We had a lot of fun. She and I were both very reluctant to get back in the car to head home. I hope I have a dog like her in my future - lots of work but much greater reward!

Good evening all. I fear I may be heading toward bed at 8 p.m. - good thing DH is at band camp tonite or his laughter at my bedtime would keep me up.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:10 PM   #52  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

For those pet lovers here if you want to see my PIRATE dogs check out link below...they are at the end of the slideshow...so very happy!...lol...NOT!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...s-pirates.html
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote