3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Annual "No Halloween Candy" pledge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/244853-annual-no-halloween-candy-pledge.html)

ICUwishing 10-10-2011 02:11 PM

Annual "No Halloween Candy" pledge!

I've looked forward to this thread every year ... and Halloween came up before I even noticed! Still a few weeks to go, however, so let's put on our best "no, thank you"'s! Anybody in? :D

BillBlueEyes 10-10-2011 02:18 PM

I'm in. NO Halloween candy. NONE.

Good to remember, it's been made since Easter. Quite a bit of the stuff will be leftover from last year.

NOT ONE BIT.

midwife 10-10-2011 02:46 PM

Goodness! Yes indeed! The scariest time of the year (from Halloween through NYs!!!)

:lol: Gross, Bill! I'm sure it is old and nasty!

Glory87 10-10-2011 03:34 PM

I'm in.

JOLINA 10-10-2011 03:50 PM

:badbat: :haphal: :badbat:

NO HALLOWEEN CANDY FOR ME!

:bat: :witch::bat: :sklol::bat:

I am handing out coins this year, so I won't be tempted by leftover candy!

:witch2:

CHOCOLATE COMES WITH ITS PRICE. . . TWO SETS OF CHUBBY CHEEKS!

paperclippy 10-10-2011 04:00 PM

So last year I went in for "no Halloween candy except on Halloween" and it turned into something of a disaster. I need something modified. I need something I can stick to without feeling deprived (and "no halloween candy at all" makes me feel deprived :p ).

I'm thinking something along the lines of "only X many pieces of Halloween candy." That way I can spread it out over multiple days or have it all on one day, without going overboard. I just need to figure out what X should be. I'm leaning toward 10.

saef 10-10-2011 04:06 PM

I'm taking the pledge. And it'll be harder this year, since my apartment building had nearly no children and they weren't allowed to come trick-or-treating there. Here, the village is crawling with children of different ages and sizes. I can hear little piping voices outside right now screaming over some outdoor game.

No candy for me. None whatsoever.

ICUwishing 10-10-2011 05:48 PM

I'm going to pledge what worked well last year: no mass-produced, bagged candy. I will leave a single slot open for a lovingly hand-made, decadent truffle, just in case one should cross my path between now and the 31st. But I will also log the calories. :p

clvquilts 10-10-2011 05:59 PM

Easy for me, I haven't had sugar in months.

Sheila53 10-10-2011 07:26 PM

No candy for me. We've had so few children that I just made sure the house was dark last year. I guess that makes me a Halloween grinch.

Lori Bell 10-10-2011 10:07 PM

Oh Gosh, NO! I'm still "haunted" by my Halloween binge of last year. I've talked about it many a times here at 3FC, but Halloween of 2010 I ate so much candy and sugar that I was literally sick for days, and the scale was up 10+ pounds overnight...and it took several weeks of very strict CC to get back to normal. Oh, God, I never want to be that sick again. NO HALLOWEEN CANDY FOR ME!

jennamac 10-10-2011 10:16 PM

I will take the pledge! I am new to this site/group....so any good tips are appreciated. What can be handed out in place of candy?

Sunshinenmysoul 10-10-2011 10:42 PM

Ummm....I'm making cake pops and cupcakes for the church Fall Festival! They're my fave! What do I do????? This IS scary! I can pledge no candy, but what about CAKE?! lol. I'll try to be good. Limit myself to 1 and only 1.

124chicksinger 10-11-2011 02:45 AM

I'm not a maintainer yet - but I say NO NO NO to halloween candy and guess what? Hub went shopping Sunday and already bought about 6 bags of mini-candy crap. I could choke him! WHY would the man go and do that, early even? Shame on him.

milmin2043 10-11-2011 03:33 AM

No candy for me either!

I made it through last year and I'll make it through this year.

Thanks for posting this.