Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 04-25-2011, 02:48 PM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default Monday fat pants....

So I have this pair of pants that are usually way too big for me, but I really like them. Unfortunately, on Mondays they tend to fit pretty well. Of course we all know why...Anyway, today...they are a bit snug :O Sooooo...it's time to recognize that my behaviors as of lately have been a bit off the reservation and it's time to get back in balance.

I was debating on the tone of how I wanted this post to be and I came to the conclusion that I could A. Sit here as I've been the last few days, all depressed and ashamed of what has conspired the last few weeks, Give you all the gory details and beat myself up. OR I could B. Recognize it, know that it happens to many people and it will probably happen again and instead, get back the maintenance program that I know works for me and quit second guessing it, obsessing about and trying to constantly tweak it when I already know it works and just DO IT!

I should be proud that I'm recognizing this now and not at a point when I need to buy new pants! And I wanted to post this just so that if anyone is in a similar place right now they can take comfort in the fact that they're not alone. I mean I'm pretty sure that this is a maintenance right of passage.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 193/153.4/149

Height: 5'6"

I think you made a wonderful realization. Beating yourself up over it doesn't do you any good. I can't tell you how many times I have felt this way. My weight fluctuates quite a bit but I'm learning to just get back on plan pronto and no regrets. Good job!
Victoriap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Right there with ya! Thanks for sharing!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote