3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Operation 5-10 lbs as of 4/1/11- (thread cont.) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/229488-operation-5-10-lbs-4-1-11-thread-cont.html)

neurodoc 03-31-2011 10:34 PM

Operation 5-10 lbs as of 4/1/11- (thread cont.)

Ok, the previous thread is 24 pages long now, and I thought we could use a new one; hope that's ok.

Weight was back to 124 and change today, making a liar of me (hooray), though I'm still over 2 pounds higher than 2 weeks ago. Thanks to those who responded to my rant. Yes, I've tried it all by now. All I can do is keep plugging away with the calorie-cycling, do as much exercise as I can, and try try try not to binge out of self-pity.

Krampus, your food is so strange there. We have a Baskin Robbins not far from me, but I've never heard of those sundaes. I've noticed before that a lot of the things you mention eating are not ones I can find here (or, would have to look really really hard to find here). Did you grow up in Japan or the U.S.?

Anyway, I'm unlikely to post much until I get back from D.C., so I hope everyone has a successful, on-plan week.

krampus 04-01-2011 02:30 AM

Happy travels, neurodoc! I'm an American citizen, Japan is just where I've been working for the past 3 years as an English teacher. Everything is weird here but I'm going to miss it so much when I leave. I can't believe it's down to the last four months.

I have always been a "live for today, you might die tomorrow" kind of person, so I went for a run last night despite knowing I really shouldn't due to injuries. First time in several weeks. I felt great after the first 5-10 minutes - fantastic runners' high, beautiful scenery, perfect music. I had missed it so much. Went for maybe 45 minutes before I got bored and a little tired with very few walking breaks.

The Achilles is screaming obscenities at me today but I woke up feeling thin and excellent. Couldn't help noticing my suit jacket buttoned comfortably this morning, first time in a couple weeks' time at least that I've felt comfortable in it.

paperclippy 04-01-2011 02:00 PM

Neuro, a lot of chains offer different foods depending on the country they are in. Like, you can get a teriyaki burger at McDonald's in Japan. Actually I think a lot of chains offer smaller portions in other countries too. :p

xty 04-01-2011 03:24 PM

Happy Friday everyone!

neurodoc - will keep you posted on my appliance use. and have a great trip!

krampus - glad to hear that not having a plan is working out for you. maybe a dose of no thinking normality is exactly what you needed.

Yesterday was a bit crazy in a wonderful way! I took 80 people on 2 buses up to Squaw Valley in Lake Tahoe to celebrate a work milestone. It was 70deg but with an insane snowpack (12+ feet feel in the last 2 weeks). Tons of fun, but lots of challenges to my plan. Bus fed us bagels for breakfast, the drinking started before 10am, lunch was chilidogs and there was an open bar and catered spread at 4pm. Rather than consider each indulgence I decided ahead of time to have *none* and packed my food. I didnt even feel tempted, since I had just decided in advance, woo!

I was rewarded this morning by weighing in in the 120s for the first time since the beg of Jan!!!

krampus 04-03-2011 09:56 PM

Nice one xty! Good work on avoiding triggering carbs.

paperclippy - teriyaki burger indeed, there is also the "Big America" burger series featuring g*d-awful abominations named after U.S. cities - currently "Miami Burger." I haven't tried any of the Big America burgers for rather obvious reasons.

I had a bit of an episode when I was trying on clothes over the weekend. I tried on some shorts at a juniors' chain clothing store and couldn't get the size "LL" (LL is XL) over my hips and thighs. How frustrating!

Also in a moment of weakness I weighed this morning. I won't post the number but it was disappointing. Still, liked my reflection a lot when I walked past shiny windows and mirrors today. I'll chalk that one up as a victory. Also, dress that was a squeeze a week ago feels less squeeze-y today.

midwife 04-04-2011 10:41 AM

I've been spinning my wheels for many months now, but there has been a collusion of occurances that have seemed to respark my mojo. Excuses just really don't cut it. The only reason I am not meeing my weight loss goals is because of the choices I make over and over again. Today will be day 4 eating on plan, and I feel good. No cravings or bloating. I know what works, I just have to work it.

Happy Monday!

pageta 04-04-2011 01:06 PM

I seem to be back on track, too. My weight loss efforts stalled out in October when it got cold and life got crazy. I've gained 10-15 over the winter months, but now with the warmer weather, it's like I'm back to where I was last spring when I started. I have a completely different attitude, I don't mind hunger so much, I'm focused on thinking and eating like a slim person. I'm far more active, and I'm burning off my nervous energy being active rather than by nibbling. It's like I've come out of hibernation or something. I just finished 4 days on plan and am down a little over a pound. Part of that is normal loss from my monthly cycle, but it's nice to see the loss and not just have the normal gain followed by no loss.

xty 04-04-2011 01:44 PM

krampus - you should not at all feel bummed out for not fitting into asian juniors sizes!! they are 13 year old girls clothes meant for girls who even as full grown women/adults have very narrow hips and bums, so yeah no being bummed about that :P

midwife - congrats on a few days on plan, keep it rolling.

I was so good all weekend. Saturday I attended a brunch for a non profit and didnt indulge in the fried cheese things served. Weighed in Sunday at 128.4 and was feeling awesome. Today? 130? Makes literally no sense. I ate the exact same foods Fri/Sat/Sun in the exact same quantities/times and hydrated similarly. No sodium red flags and not TOM. *shakes fist* These are the types of days that frustrate me, because it just doesnt seem to make any sense.

Oh well - can only keep going. Tomorrow ends my 21 days of super strictness to get myself into the right pattern. Will be upping fats/carbs and diversifying foods (slowly) to actually start enjoying foods again.

Hope you all are having a better Monday than I am :|

kittycat40 04-04-2011 04:53 PM

Hi chicks.
I did really well last week, food, good, exercise, good. Weight, relatively unchanged. And then there was Sunday.....
What I realize is that my cals are within loss levels but choices--- the carb kind. even tho they were reduced carb tortillas, there were plenty of them.

I have been trying to convince myself that I have developed an allergy to wheat. That might help me make good choices ;)

krampus 04-04-2011 09:11 PM

Thanks for the sanity check xty, may I also remind you that the 130 is with almost certainty a "distant stars and galaxies" fluctuation (poop weight? random water retention?) and you shouldn't feel down about it because you've completely recovered from sugar binges?!? Not fitting into Asian juniors sizes is sad because I am Asian and my hip bones are probably 10 inches apart at the widest point, BUT I need to remind myself that I am a corn-fed American with a history of being overweight and very muscular thighs.

pageta, kittycat40, midwife Glad to hear you guys are doing well staying on plan and being back on focus. I hope I will join you in the "feeling sane and making progress" camp very soon.

I was really hungry for seemingly no reason yesterday - maybe TOM is coming, maybe I'm ovulating, who knows? Not being on the pill anymore means I have no idea what my body is up to; I've always been really irregular with TOM and stuff. I ate considerably more than I should have including grazing on muesli all throughout the evening. Woke up and my face feels enormous and my whole inner dialogue is just "I feel disgusting" on a loop.

paperclippy 04-05-2011 09:26 AM

Krampus, the Japanese women's sizes are smaller than US junior's sizes! I went traveling around Asia when I was at my high weight and couldn't squeeze into the largest adult XL in any of the stores in any country except Singapore (which, for some reason, had larger sizes). I would bet a Japanese junior's size would be about the size designed for an 8 year old in the US.

ICUwishing 04-05-2011 03:05 PM

:wave: Hi, everyone!

Returned from St. John somewhat unscathed - an extra pound or two that I can attribute to unusual food and probable artificial colors (I mean, c'mon - the grenadine in a tequila sunrise ain't natural!). I will post a few pictures as soon as I can get them off the camera. The whole island is eye-candy to the extreme - neon blue warm water, soft blue skies, island breezes, and wildlife galore. For me, it was a tropical version of Alaska - no pictures will do it justice, but the memories ... !!! I will NEVER forget looking up as I was snorkeling to discover that I was swimming blissfully toward a 4-foot barracuda, who was regarding me with total fearless top-predator curiosity! Had I been a squid, I would've "inked" him and fled. I merely peed and fled. :lol: Just kidding. Sort of.

Now, back to business. :D

pageta 04-05-2011 08:37 PM

I saw a new low on the scale this morning so I am sure that tomorrow morning my weight will be up, even though I was good again today. This warm weather really has me back in gear. It's such a relief. Winter was much harder than I thought it would be. Really, I had no idea.

April 23 will be the one-year anniversary of when I started on this journey at 188 pounds. A year ago I had no idea I would be where I am today. I weigh less than I have my entire adult life. As in, since the 8th grade.

But I still have 20 pounds I want to lose. Just to see if I can get there. I would be perfectly happy at 135, but I want to see what 124 would be like (BMI=20). So I'm in the maintenance range but still trying to find my new set point. We'll see where I am next fall (the end of the losing season for me, it seems).

xty 04-07-2011 01:40 AM

Just a quick checkin...weight is down to 128! And today was my first day on phase 2 of my plan. For the last 3 weeks I ate low cal, low carb, low fat and only a handful of foods to make it easy to not screw things up. Starting today and for the next 3 weeks I will up the cals incrementally, up the fat, and up the carbs a tiny bit (but really Im thinking Im destined for a life of relatively low carb).

And I grocery shopped. I dont do that since Im prone to insane binges. But I mostly bought protein staples to encourage/enable the low carb thing. I can do this!

ICUwishing - soooo jealous. sounds phenomenal. I desperately need a vaca! I shall go dream of sunsets and blue waters now :)

krampus 04-07-2011 02:07 AM

I caved and weighed again today. Somewhere between 132 and 133, which is less than my last weigh-in. I'm super constipated too. Not the horrible crisis I'd made it out to be in my head, honestly. I am fairly confident I won't binge any time soon, so now to be more calorie conscious without going insane.