3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   1 year anniversary of weight loss journey (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/226996-1-year-anniversary-weight-loss-journey.html)

neurodoc 03-01-2011 09:49 PM

1 year anniversary of weight loss journey

I realized today that it has been just over a year since I changed my life by starting a weight loss and exercise plan. The inveterate self-critical pessimist in me says "an entire year and you STILL aren't at goal." My saner self says that I'm all but there now (3 pounds to go) and I'm in a way, way better place physically. I have energy at the end of the day, I can lift my children and the groceries with ease, I have a new wardrobe and I'm satisfied when I look in the mirror. These are HUUGE improvements over last February.

For you longer-term maintainers, do you still have the same sense of satisfaction from a job well done? Or do you pretty much take it for granted now- "this is the way I feel, it's my normal state." You're obviously motivated to continue with maintenance or you wouldn't be on this site; is it from pleasure at your current state, or fear of falling back (or both)?

Here's hoping to still be posting here same time next year...

Andrea

blueice10 03-01-2011 11:10 PM

I'm not a mainteiner but I wanted to say congrats on the weight loss. And I love you signature line. I gave up on exercise tonight until I read 'Get up and finish what you started.' I just finished a 45 minute dvd. So thanks for the help. I wrote it down to so I hopefully will see it tomorrow and exercise again. One day usually leads to two for me, exercise or not.
Again congratulations, good job!:bravo:

losermom 03-02-2011 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neurodoc (Post 3737544)
For you longer-term maintainers, do you still have the same sense of satisfaction from a job well done? Or do you pretty much take it for granted now- "this is the way I feel, it's my normal state." You're obviously motivated to continue with maintenance or you wouldn't be on this site; is it from pleasure at your current state, or fear of falling back (or both)?

Here's hoping to still be posting here same time next year...

Andrea

First off, congrats Andrea! You've made amazing changes in your life. :hug:

While I have a good healthy dose of fear, I try not to let it rule my life. I stick with it because I feel so great!

fitkristi 03-02-2011 07:49 AM

Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary!!

Bright Angel 03-02-2011 10:13 AM

http://www.postsmile.com/img/emotions/183.gif Happy Anniversary http://www.postsmile.com/img/emotions/88.gif

ncuneo 03-02-2011 12:39 PM

Congrats!

While I'm still a newbie, I can say that yes, I do have moments of taking it for granted. But that's why I still weigh everyday, still journal and count my cals and find other goals in terms of fitness and just general health to keep me excited and motivated.

The other thing that keeps it fresh and fun is shopping and knowing that if I "take it for granted" eventually I'll become complacent and then we all know where it heads from there.

It's about balance and you'll find that area that works for you. I'm finally no longer terrified of regaining, although yes it's in the back of my mind, but I know I know what to do and I know how to stay excited about my health. I've basically made health, fitness and cooking my hobby.

Karen925 03-02-2011 05:56 PM

Congratulations!

No I have not taken it for granted. In fact, I feel such gratitude that I was able to lose the weight relatively easily, that I did not have more insulin resistance than I did from the years of being fat, that I did not health challenges (limited mobility to name one), and that I do not have saggy skin.

Every day is still a gift to be trim. I wore a very cute outfit to my meetings today. My husband thinks I am prettier that Martina McBride, we saw her recently. I still have a goal of registering with the National Weight Loss Registry. I will be eligible in April. That is one way I keep motivated.

Who knows what I will be thinking a year from now. For today, I am enjoying the perks of being trim.

JenMusic 03-03-2011 07:52 AM

Just wanted to say congratulations! You're closer than I am to goal, but I look forward to being a maintainer with you! :)

Shannon in ATL 03-09-2011 04:06 PM

Andrea - somehow I missed this post before. Congrats on your anniversary! :)

After 2.5 years of maintenance I do still feel satisfied with a job well done, particularly when I meet some kind of new fitness goal, which I love. I'm determined not to take it for granted, because I'm afraid that if I do I'll slip.

Mudpie 03-09-2011 06:26 PM

Andrea :Congrat: on your 1 year anniversary!!

I'm like you, except I've been slogging toward goal since 2007. Almost there!

It's all worth it whenever I fit properly into the skinny jeans and look at myself in the full-length mirror.

Dagmar :cool:

milmin2043 03-09-2011 06:45 PM

Congratulations!

I am not a maintainer *yet* but I certainly hope to be writing a similar post a year from now.

Great job!!

BillBlueEyes 03-09-2011 07:17 PM

Congratulations, Andrea on your BIG first year.

Yep, more like "an entire year and STILL going"

RoseRR 03-12-2011 12:04 PM

Congrats...

kaw 03-12-2011 12:09 PM

Congratulations! That's a great accomplishment!

//b.strong